• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

GTG ideas for 2011

chadstr

SM 2023
SM 2022
SM 2010
Here are a few that myself and a few I have talked to have thought would be sorta cool. Post up if you are interested or not, or if you have any ideas, please put them in here. I hope to have at least one GTG a month, maybe more if we include the monthly breakfast.

1) Camping

Most are in tents so we would have to find something that is tent and bathroom friendly campsites...weather needs to be warmer as well (duh huh)

2) Elitch Gardens/Six flags

3) Pikes Peak Speadway

4) Bandimere speedway

5)Fishing Trip

6) Dinner to collect ideas again, Rockyard seems to be a favorite of sorts but Im open to other ideas, a place with really long tables for the entire colorado section of the Ave club can all sit together

Let us all know

Chadstr

I am well over do for a Camping trip and would love to do one. Need to get the Tent for the AV first but sounds great. I myself have never been a fan of Six Flags so please count me out on that one. I would love be head to either of the Speedways. Sounds like fun. Any Chance on getting any of the Av's on the track adn racing each other? lol
Fishing trip would be fun if everyone has there license. Would that trip be with the campong trip or would it be its own adventure?

My recommendation for a GTG: how about a hiking trip? I have done a few recently and am starting to get addicted

Right on, we will almost end up with a site seeing GTG that has hiking involved. Last year we did the devils head summit close to rampart area. As far as camping, most likely would be included on the camping just because of the location, but not necessary. Good ideas, thanks for the input....keep them coming everyone.

Well let me add my input here.....Spring and Summer are just around the corner so hows about a Drive-in movie night, the drive-in in Pueblo will be opening soon, heres the link    http://www.mesadrive-in.com/  . Or maybe the Friday night drags at PMI, again heres the link  http://www.pueblomotorsportspark.com/
. hows about a cruze day or maybe a softball game at Palmer Park, the corner of Maizeland and Academy Blvd. for the local crowd or if ya dont mind coming in from out of town. Perhaps an Ice Cream social at a Baskin Robbins or a known Ice Cream joint.....Im sure with gas prices going sky ward the possibilities of many GTGs is gonna be limited, but hey we can all take out a second or third mortage on the house for a GTG...lol. But on the serious side again, those of you who are familiar with Springs Auto and Truck Service center, where we've had several mod GTGs in the past is moveing to a new location, just caddy corner from the current shop in a much larger building. This move will take place in the next month or so. However upon the Grand opening the shop personnel have agreed to a car show and picnic on the premises, granted it may be down the road a bit but Id like to get all our Avs. there and show some Chevy spirit.

Beercrazy

Sweet Ken... just let us know and I'll do my best to get down to see the new digs.  (y)

I'd like to do the spring bbq kick off gtg if we can sometime in April like we have in the past.

ken pelles said:
Well let me add my input here.....Spring and Summer are just around the corner so hows about a Drive-in movie night, the drive-in in Pueblo will be opening soon, heres the link    http://www.mesadrive-in.com/  . Or maybe the Friday night drags at PMI, again heres the link  http://www.pueblomotorsportspark.com/
. hows about a cruze day or maybe a softball game at Palmer Park, the corner of Maizeland and Academy Blvd. for the local crowd or if ya dont mind coming in from out of town. Perhaps an Ice Cream social at a Baskin Robbins or a known Ice Cream joint.....Im sure with gas prices going sky ward the possibilities of many GTGs is gonna be limited, but hey we can all take out a second or third mortage on the house for a GTG...lol. But on the serious side again, those of you who are familiar with Springs Auto and Truck Service center, where we've had several mod GTGs in the past is moveing to a new location, just caddy corner from the current shop in a much larger building. This move will take place in the next month or so. However upon the Grand opening the shop personnel have agreed to a car show and picnic on the premises, granted it may be down the road a bit but Id like to get all our Avs. there and show some Chevy spirit.

Beercrazy
All of those sound great, sorry about not including them on the first post, some of which we had discussed. The Chevy spirit GTG sounds like a blast as well. I cant wait for clear warm weather to show up to start getting some dates down for this stuff. BBQ Gtg is always fun. Cant hardly wait!!!

I agree with the bbq, nice way to start the new season. the beginning of April Ill be moveing into my new house so hopefully it wont be set for the first weekend of the month but any other time should be ok. Preferably on a Sunday as the Saturday work schedule is so unpredictable.......

My brother and I do the 4th and 5th of July fireworks show for Woodland park and have done so for over 20 years now, id like to invite the club for front row seats to the show as seen from the firing line, really gives a whole different outlook when your right there watching it. The 4th show is just that but the 5th show is the military "In their Honor" show, theres the Denver Orchestra and several cannons provided from Fort Carson and shoot off during the 1812 Overture when we shoot our show, its quite a spectacle to see. here are 2 links attached that someone took during the show and posted on youtube, the first is from 2007 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MJNDS-amh8&feature=related , the second is from 2009 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqJ16zMASa4 . hope to get a good croud this year.....                         
                                                                      beercrazy

I want to propose that we have a large dinner...probably on a Sunday night (seems to fit majority schedule) most likely on the Southside of Denver where we can get a room reserved so we can all sit and talk together about GTG's for the summer as well as just getting together for dinner to welcome several new ones. maybe a pub that would be cool.

Any ideas?

Chadstr

Sounds good to me... I typically have to work sunday nights but will definitely try to get that night off.  Which sunday are you thinking?

The thing that concerns me about that is we are trying to get as many people as possible and 2 1/2 hour trip from the springs for dinner may be pushing the limits ...again with the goal in mind.

Chadstr

Ok guys how about Deweys Grille? http://www.restauranteur.com/deweyslt/ this looks like a kewl place and its on the southend of town....

I tried to call Deweys to see about getting tables for a larger crowd and the phone line has been disconnected...wierd since the web page is still up. Anyway, if you have a different number for them, give them a call and check it would you Ken.

We need to have more involved here or it will just be us three again  :laugh: we should just meet at sonic if its just us. :needhug:

I was thinking for dinner,mornings or lunch are a bit rushed on Sundays.

Chadstr

Well seems Deweys is no longer there....how about the Bear Rock Cafe on S.Broadway.......http://www.bestrestaurantscolorado.com/restaurant/Littleton-CO/Bear-Rock-Cafe , We know theres a good place to put back some groceries  (y)

Brewery Bar is by Lone Tree is my FAVORITE place to eat but they don't have a special section, just tables.  TGIFridays is there too, once again, no place to eat alone though...

I think we will be able to make this one  (y).

Sounds good Chris so Brewery Bar it is? Everyone agree? the 1st of May is coming up real fast......all in favor say "I" .....
then post some directions, the alternate will be The Bear Rock Cafe on S.Broadway. Time I imagine would be around dinner time say 6ish?

Here's the link.... is it the Brewery Bar II or III  >:D

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=14211626430028650302&hl=en&dtab=2&ie=UTF8&ll=39.585715,-104.922867&spn=0,0&z=14

I'm scheduled to work sunday... I'll see if I can talk my boss into letting me off early to join everyone if we're meeting for dinner.

I should be good. Which one? around 6 works for me, doese 6 work best for you Chuck?

Hope everybody chimes in, hope to see several, both new and old members.

Chadstr

Well I've talked to my supervisor and I'll let you know tomorrow for sure but it looks like I can make it to dinner!  (y)

Hope to see ya there Chuck. Would you mind zipping out a email to the Colorado list. Also, just to confirm, we are going to the one on 9228 Park Meadows Dr. right.

Chadstr

Back