• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Edge CS tuner

dmcummins

Anyone have the Edge CS tuner?  I'm thinking of going from 3.42 in the rear to 4.10's, so Ive been told that I would need a programmer to correct the speedo, ect.  The speed shop actually said to just try the tuner first before changing gears,  I tow a 26' travel trailer that weighs around 5500lbs and I'm looking for more pep in the hill's.  I'd also like anything that may help the transmission last a little longer.  Ive already had a TOC installed. 

The reason I like the edge cs is the guages.  Does it show the transmisssion  temp?  Does it allow you to firm up your shifts? 

I went ahead and bought the edge CS today.  I set it up in the economy mode for now.  I can't tell any difference in driving so far.  I only drove for a couple miles just to make sure it worked.  I'm suppose to use 91 octane gas for the towing tune, I'll have to try that some other time.  It does give you various choices for guages.  It will display up to 8, I'm using 3.  Trans temp, AFR, and MPG. 

The guage function's work fine.  I still havn't tried any other level than economy, which seams the same as stock to me.  Next fill up I may put higher octain gas and try one of the other modes.  I really bought it in hopes it helps with towing my trailer and the trans guage.

I bought one when they first had the upgrade to work with my 05. I couldn't tell any difference in any of the tunes except the performance tune and even then it was mostly just because of the firm shift. Also I had a lot of trouble out of it. I talked with edge a lot about it and they may have got it fixed but if I changed tunes in mine weird things would happen to the truck. Sometimes the tune just wouldn't work at all. Other times the tune would work, but my radio wouldn't. One other time my truck wouldn't even try to start. I sent it back to edge for a refund, and then later found out that it had also erased all my onstar minutes.

Ive decided to go ahead and give it another shot. Just got off the phone with summit. I had them beat thmotorsports price of $375 and also went ahead and ordered the dash pod. Ill post back after I get it. Im hoping it works better.
Dustin

Got my tuner and dash pod in today. It seems to work a lot better than it dis before. Didn't run into any problems tryin.g to use it. I did notice they added another screen that pops up telling you to remove the radio fuse before continuing.

Back