• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Something simple

Andrew_CDN

I need to adjust my speedo due to larger tire circumference, and that's pretty much it.  First off, do I absolutely need a programmer to facilitate this change?  And if so, what are a few low cost solutions that would serve this purpose?  If purchasing a programmer means I might be able to tweak fuel consumption and perhaps compensate for a future exhaust upgrade then I'd be willing to look at a device capable of doing this too.

Yes you do need a programmer or have a friend that as one.

Maybe put in your Sig where you are from and there maybe someone near you that has one.

Check around at the dyno shops. They usually know a guy who wil custom tune your computer. I got it done for $75. Took an hr and a half. And he reprogrammed almost everything. Fuel/air mixture, Trans shifts and pressure, timing, larger tire sz ect.... Truck doesn't bog when i first get on it and have more power and better fuel mileage. 10x better than my hypertech.

mtnman4x4 said:
Check around at the dyno shops. They usually know a guy who wil custom tune your computer. I got it done for $75. Took an hr and a half. And he reprogrammed almost everything. Fuel/air mixture, Trans shifts and pressure, timing, larger tire sz ect.... Truck doesn't bog when i first get on it and have more power and better fuel mileage. 10x better than my hypertech.

Was it really 75 for the tune? or were you friends with the guy and he gave you a deal..

No I didn't know the guy. But he dos a lot of the DYNO shops around. It depends on the yr. That is around here on an '03. I also put the Hypertech on Craigslist and got $75 for it. So I came out even. Truck still runs a lot better and don't regret for a sec.

Back