• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Re: 2006 Avalanche 1500 Steering wheel lights

starvingartist55

I needed some help on the "Service Air Bag" display and found what I needed.  Thanks a lot everyone.  Much appreciated.
By the way, my C221 connector was only loose/ill fitting.  Once I pushed it back together, the Service Air Bag light went out.  I found that the connector can be held together with a tiewrap---that way it doesn't vibrate/wiggle apart again.

Now one more problem. 
I had my "baby" worked on some time ago for a computer upgrade and they (dealer) messed it up completely.
After they took 8 hours to reprogram the computer for FlexFuel, I had other problems to contend with.
After they fixed all of the other problems they caused (or so I thought) I noticed that the steering wheel lights didn't light up.  I know that there are light bulbs in there but all of them are out at once.  I noticed this only about 4 months after the repairs because I drive it very seldom at night.
The dealer told me that it was over three months and if I wanted it fixed, I would have to pay for it.
My questions are---where is the connector located for the power to the lights?  And, is it difficult to get at?
Any takers?
Starvingartist55

OK,
I checked out the lights and all are good.  I didn't think it was in the lights---'cause it happened after the dealer had it for repairs.  Anyone know where the connections for the steering wheel lights are located?
Starvingartist55

Take a look at this post for how to change the bulbs

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,43288.0.html

You are making me dizzy.  LOL

index.php

Back