Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
08/28/14 06:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monthly Breakfast GTG  (Read 2165 times)
dcn427
CAFCNA 2011 Supporting Member

Awards
« on: 01/14/11 10:09 AM »

I have seen a few posts of this and was wondering if anyone would like to get this started. An easy way to have more GTG's. Any other thoughts?

A place in mind:

Breakfast King
300 W Mississippi Ave.
Denver, CO 80223
Been a while since I was last there but they were pretty good.

Any other ideas on a meeting place and time? Maybe something Closer to everyone else?

2002 White with Grey Cladding.

First Mod: Clifford 3.3 Alarm with remote start
Now with Ambers!!
Sexy Z71

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 01/15/11 08:19 PM »

I don't mind driving to denver for a meet. the weekends are best for me though. and i'm down for breakfast.
Sexy Z71

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 01/20/11 09:11 PM »

well daniel I guess it is just you and I that are interested in doing  a breakfast gtg.  So I'm down to meet up even if it is just the two of us.  I'm off the weekends and wouldn't mind getting together at anytime. just let me know.  (I do have plans next sat though. I am going to breckenridge to see the snow sculptures.)
KeenAV
CAFCNA 2006 Supporting Member

2004 Dark Metalic Green WBH in Longmont CO

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 01/21/11 10:10 PM »

Seems like a pretty central location.  Doesn't look like it's gonna happen tomorrow, but maybe week after next?  If an e-mail can go out next week, there'd probably be more takers.  I'll watch this space...

"The List is Long but the Pockets Shallow" - Another CAFCNA Member
dcn427

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 01/21/11 11:59 PM »

I was hoping for more than two people. I will need to cntact Avalanchuck. I dont have anyones email. Do you guys? No date set yet, I work late nights so Saturday Sunday mornings are great. Also no weekend restrictions. Even during the week if we must

Now with Ambers!!
chadstr
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

Dont you dare push my button, I want too! (NOS)

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 01/25/11 10:09 AM »

During the week is not good for me, Saturday is best for me, but my wife dont get home from work till 7 a.m. so if she wanted to go, breakfast would have to be a little later....if I were to be able to make it. It seems like a good idea, I believe we tried it before, maybe for lunch. I hope it takes off this time.

Chadstr

My Mods are worth more than my truck !?! Does that seem right?
chadstr

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 01/28/11 12:13 PM »

I have seen a few posts of this and was wondering if anyone would like to get this started. An easy way to have more GTG's. Any other thoughts?

A place in mind:

Breakfast King
300 W Mississippi Ave.
Denver, CO 80223
Been a while since I was last there but they were pretty good.

Any other ideas on a meeting place and time? Maybe something Closer to everyone else?

When are we planning for this? Tomorrow a.m. is looking pretty good for me.

ken pelles

Avalanche.....anything less is just a truck!

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 02/02/11 10:58 PM »

I like the idea of breakfast but am limited to mainly Sundays as most Saturdays Im stuck at work.......

Do they make an Avalanche Airplane yet? Id love to fly one.... Beercrazy
dcn427

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 02/03/11 10:12 PM »

So we have al;ready had our Jan GTG, How about for feb we do Feb 12 @ 8am?

Let me know. We will hit up the Breakfast king

Now with Ambers!!
chadstr

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 02/04/11 10:56 PM »

I think I may be in...as it gets closer I will know more. My wifes dad just passed away today, we are going on a sudden trip to Virginia. So it may be hard to attend too much for a bit, but I will keep you all updated.

Chadstr

ken pelles

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 02/05/11 06:57 AM »

Really sorry to hear about your father in law Chad, please send my regards to the family. Could we make the breakfast for Sunday? Im scheduled to work the 12th, Id love to attend.....

dcn427

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 02/08/11 07:27 PM »

We can move it to Sunday. I would not be able to attend. Whatsa everyone else feel? Maybe i should branch this off into its own post since we have a date?

Now with Ambers!!
Sexy Z71

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 02/10/11 08:49 PM »

I can't make it this weeking something came up.
ken pelles

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 02/11/11 07:31 AM »

Well it turns out Im off this weekend and will be in Denver Saturday, my daughter has a color gaurd competition in Littleton Saturday so if the breakfast is still on by those who can attend then Ill gladly show up, just need a time and place, if not then guess we'll wait for the next one.........beercrazy.

dcn427

Awards
« Reply #14 on: 02/28/11 04:12 AM »

Sorry Ken, I could not do it that week. Joys of working, One little problem and you get the call banghead Shall we plan an another date?

Now with Ambers!!
ken pelles

Awards
« Reply #15 on: 03/01/11 04:54 PM »

How about this weekend? Im headed to Elizabeth Saturday to my brothers house, could leave early and meet somewhere for breakfast.......any takers??
    Beercrazy

chadstr

Awards
« Reply #16 on: 03/01/11 05:18 PM »

Where and When, I may be working, I will push harder all week so that I can be free. Anybody else?

Chadstr

ken pelles

Awards
« Reply #17 on: 03/02/11 11:52 PM »

Well if we meet here in the Springs we could meet at the Bear Creek Cafe or the cafe we went to for the big GTG in July, think its the name of it, if were venturing to Denver not sure there, any suggestions? Id say around 9 Saturday either town.
             beercrazy
« Last Edit: 03/03/11 01:00 AM by ken pelles » Logged

chadstr

Awards
« Reply #18 on: 03/04/11 02:58 AM »

Lets give the day to see if anybody else chimes in to decide where I guess. If its just you and me then probably just here in the springs. I wont have my truck, but I wont need it for breakfast.

rcornwell1

Chevy Avalanche "I Like it"

WWW Awards
« Reply #19 on: 03/04/11 11:37 PM »

I've been lurking in the background to see when and where you are meeting.  I work midnights and get off at 0700, except this week I'm on vacation.  If you are meeting at Black Bear in the Springs around 0800, I'll try to make it.

Cheers
Bob

Bob
2002 Z71
Colorado Springs
ken pelles

Awards
« Reply #20 on: 03/06/11 02:11 AM »

Breakfast was fun Chad, Gunther Toodys is always a great place to eat. Hope all is good with your truck now. Got to tryout my W/B adjustable 3 ball reciever hitch finally, really like it, simple to use, may never have to buy another reciever again  Woohoo!. maybe next time we'll get more attendees for a larger breakfast gathering............ beercrazy

P.S. Sorry we missed ya Bob, wasnt sure anyone was planning on coming.... Oops!
« Last Edit: 03/06/11 04:53 AM by ken pelles » Logged

avalanchuck
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

LET'S GO AVS!

WWW Awards
« Reply #21 on: 03/06/11 05:30 AM »

Sorry to be so MIA lately guys!  Hope the breakfast was good!   Thumbs up!

Chris In CO

♥ Me with Eric Church ♥

Awards
« Reply #22 on: 03/06/11 05:45 AM »

I think we need to send out emails for GTGs...I seem to keep missing them  :E.

2004 Black with Cladding, On Star, XM, Backup camera (Love that), Remote Tail Lock, Pin Switches for bed & saddle bags, third brake light sticker, bullet gas tank cover, all options with the exception of moon roof.  New Mods:  Z71 Horse stickers, Side Panel Stickers, Window Sticker & dual exhaust!   ** new ** Hand painted pinstripping  & flames.
dcn427

Awards
« Reply #23 on: 03/06/11 07:23 AM »

I Completely missed this one myself. Had no idea there was a plan. Differently need to get emails out. Lets set a date for the next one early and start from there

Now with Ambers!!
chadstr

Awards
« Reply #24 on: 03/06/11 02:55 PM »

Umm, first this is not a rant, so please dont take it as such. I think we can all help each other out here.

Emails have been sent out in the past...on several occasions...to little to no avail (ie national GTG last year). So perhaps a couple of things would help, 1) if your interested in attending a GTG, try to check the site more often...We have been really good about setting and alerting of potential GTG's with plenty of time. I understand that everyones schedule is different, we will probably never get everyone at one GTG, but in the future, even if you dont think you will be able to attend the one scheduled, post up, show your interest or dis-interest, so that we can know to attempt to duplicate the GTG at another date or not. If you dont, it is assumed that there isn't any interest and viewed by the cruise cordinators as rubbish. It my goal as a Cruise Cordinator to put together fun gatherings where fellow Ave owners can come together and have fun times and maybe ooo and aaa about each others Aves, you know the stuff that makes it their Aves. And that brings me to 2) which is my bad, in the future, no matter how many people are slated to show, I will do a better job in posting exactly what and where the group will be. I am sorry I didnt on a few occasions because again, I ended up just calling the person I knew was interested, discussed it and we met for breakfast. Ive been talking to a few members and came up with a few ideas for GTG's this summer, I will postup so please vote and get rolling on some cool gatherings shall we.

Thanks
Chadstr

ken pelles

Awards
« Reply #25 on: 03/07/11 04:34 PM »

Another good way to keep informed is to just poke your head into the Colorado section here from time to time and take a minute just to browse through the current events just by looking at the post dates on the right side of the screen....I dont have access to all the email addys but from time to time I try to set a GTG at work and my only hope is that its read about or maybe spread by word of mouth........hopeing for a good turn out at all the GTGs this year, of course work schedule pending, god knows my job is horrible about that...lol                    Beercrazy

Mike G

Yeh, it does 75 in the snow!

Awards
« Reply #26 on: 03/08/11 07:56 AM »

Kido's Saturday sporting events are on hiatus until the end of April.  I have been back in here because the Avy is due for some performance upgrades.  Say when and where on the next GTG and then start taking attendees...
--Mike
« Last Edit: 03/08/11 08:04 AM by Mike G » Logged

2002 White Avalanche - Aber FTDRL's, Torsion Bar Keys, LT285's, "Avalanche" windshield decal, HyperTech program, Tailgate lift torsion bar, Italians of America Red Lion on rear window (yep, wife's ride and she won't give it up).
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: