• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

07 avalanche traction control/abs lights on after starting.

kottas07

Recently my 2007 avalanche has had the traction control and abs lights come on after starting.  The read out says traction control needs service and stabilitrack needs service.  Also it takes a while for me to get it out of park when this happens.  I live in Nebraska, and the problem started when it started to get colder.  I have recently been parking in my new garage and the problem only arises when the vehicle has been out in the cold for quite a while, not after being in the garage.  I'm thinking some sort of sensor, but not sure ???

It is hard to tell what it could be, when the lights come on it sets a code and you will have to get the code read to know what is wrong.

He's right, it could be anything. When the stabilatrac and the traction control lights come on it's the vehicles computer telling you somethings wrong- but not necessarily what the light says. You will have DTC codes you will have to read at a dealership or some auto parts stores will do it too if you don't already have a programmer or some sort of handheld tuner that can do that. I've had it happen on 2 different Av's and both were engine lean codes. Too much air or not enough fuel. Just get it checked out for at least peace of mind.

Just happened to me this week when it dropped below 20F. The codes I had were P0171 & P0174 - System too lean, banks 1 & 2. My MAF went bad, causing it to run too lean. Could be fuel pump or an air leak as well. a code scanner will tell you though. Get it checked ASAP.

Traction control and stabilitrack are controlled by the abs system and power output limiting, so anything affecting those will turn off the TC and stabilitrack, prompting the DIC warning.

Back