Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
08/28/14 06:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update finally "GM"answer to the ford "raptor"...?  (Read 11831 times)
lordvette

"Target Locked"

Awards
« on: 12/17/10 09:57 AM »

i just hope/or care if we can retro fit some of the parts to the "Avy" Thumbs up!

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/16/detroit-preview-gmc-sierra-all-terrain-hd-concept-is-ready-for/
chAVey
CAFCNA 2012 Supporting Member

Ahh!

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 12/17/10 12:33 PM »

Hmmm?Huh?  Saddle Bags a la Dodge Ram a la Avalanche?  And is that tie downs front and rear in the floor of the bed?  Or hatches to get to an understorage area (a la Ridgeline)?  But I like 35" tires on 20" wheels.

Where's some interior shots tho?

thomsen05
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 12/17/10 01:46 PM »

ooh I like it Drive!

Chris

2002 avalanche pewter,4:10 gears, Superchipped 5.3ltr, 3" Ready lift level kit, Stainless steel diamond plate inserts, Amber drl's, K&N FIPK, MSD wires, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Nerf bars, Blue superbright puddles, fabtech steering stabilizer, altezza smoked tail lights 50W back up lights....to be added: strobes
Michaelmiata89

Mottarone meets Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 12/17/10 02:20 PM »

EXTREMELY COOL!!!!

My Avy 2002,

5,3 ltr LPG, 305/40/22, 22" XD Monster matte black wheels, Leather, In-step reverse lights, EXT cluster, blue leds in cluster and switches, superbright white interieur and puddle leds, Xenon, Switchbacks leds, LED DRL, Lund Interceptor, vent visors, Flowmaster 40, Backup cams, Refinish Restored Cl
lordvette

"Target Locked"

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 12/17/10 04:15 PM »

Hmmm?Huh?  Saddle Bags a la Dodge Ram a la Avalanche?  And is that tie downs front and rear in the floor of the bed?  Or hatches to get to an understorage area (a la Ridgeline)?  But I like 35" tires on 20" wheels.

Where's some interior shots tho?
chAVey
CAFCNA 2012 Supporting Member

Ahh!

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 12/18/10 05:55 AM »

Well, other than a different leather pattern, it looks really familiar.  Oh.  Yeah.  That's what my truck looks like!

lordvette

"Target Locked"

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 12/18/10 09:26 AM »

Well, other than a different leather pattern, it looks really familiar.  Oh.  Yeah.  That's what my truck looks like!

yeah the gmt900 interior seems like it lacks a lot on eye appeal.the ford and dodge really have beautiful interior.maybe when the new gmt900 comes out in2012 we might see and upgrade like its competitors
Flint4x4
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 12/18/10 10:51 AM »

The concept for the Avalanche was a GMC. I'm sure the interior will be upgraded when the GMT900 is replaced. We'll have to wait and see what features from the All Terrain concept are cost effective enough to make it into a production vehicle, pretty sure the side bins and the recessed tie-down points in the bed & box will.

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education."  - Bertrand Russell
gn85

I love the AUTOBAHN!

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 12/18/10 11:20 AM »

Wow...GM got the "Give us ground clearance" memo.  Shame they'll probably miss the "Build this concept, PLEASE" memo. 

Chris
2003 Chevy Avalanche Z71... finally!!
1987 Buick Grand National
Support Education
lordvette

"Target Locked"

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 12/18/10 11:51 AM »

The concept for the Avalanche was a GMC. I'm sure the interior will be upgraded when the GMT900 is replaced. We'll have to wait and see what features from the All Terrain concept are cost effective enough to make it into a production vehicle, pretty sure the side bins and the recessed tie-down points in the bed & box will.

the avy side bins seems to be appearing on more and more trucks.soon "Ford"will have to give in and put them on there trucks Cheesy
Flint4x4

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 12/18/10 06:35 PM »

The side bins are an efficient use of wasted space. Funny how cup holders, side pockets in the doors, seatback pockets and storage ideas have sprouted up everywhere. Remember when glove boxes were huge and usually full of unused junk ?

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education."  - Bertrand Russell
WILDFIRE
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 12/18/10 08:47 PM »

good looking truck..

sittin by the phone, waitin for the lord to send my calling
Question~ What are you doing in my house? Answer~ Bleeding out
GHP
CAFCNA 2011 Supporting Member

Yo!

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 12/18/10 09:21 PM »

Ahhh, that's better   chevy

O7 4WD LT3, Dark Blue Metallic, Amber DRLs, De-badged, GM CAI, Corsa Touring Exhaust, Dual Batteries, Waag Front Runner, 8000 HID, IPCW LED Taillights, Daystar Leveling kit, XD Addicts, Terra Grapplers.

http://grady-y0.mybrute.com
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 12/18/10 09:40 PM »

Big laughter with tears

Now if it had lower cladding.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 12/18/10 09:43 PM by MS03 2500 » Logged

2003 2500
jdofmemi

04 2500 4X4, well broken in

Awards
« Reply #14 on: 12/18/10 09:49 PM »

Love the concept, and even better as an Avy!

Its about time we could buy something with enough ground clearance to actually leave the paved road without dragging bottom on everything.

Jerry
Chris_G1

Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Awards
« Reply #15 on: 12/19/10 07:00 AM »

And an affordable duramax option !

2007 Black Avalanche LTZ
Camo1

The day I bought the 02 Av

Awards
« Reply #16 on: 12/19/10 07:37 AM »

Dont get your hopes up GM isnt smart enough to come out with that!  They will fu** up like they did by stop making Pontiac!!!  I aint very happy with GM!!! Beating
Flint4x4

Awards
« Reply #17 on: 12/19/10 08:17 AM »

GMC Sierra All Terrain HD Concept Takes Heavy-Duty Capability To New Ground GM News 2010-12-16

The GMC Sierra concept will be at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January  Thumbs up! 

Remember the '91 Syclone, '92 Sonoma GT, '92-93 Typhoon ? They were done by Production Automotive Services in Troy, MI. If GM does build the All Terrain it will probably be low volume and upgraded by a secondary company, the actual trucks will come off the assembly line in Flint, MI or Fort Wayne, IN

GHP

Yo!

Awards
« Reply #18 on: 12/19/10 08:25 PM »

Big laughter with tears

Now if it had lower cladding.  Cheesy

If I were running GM, we might be broke, but I would give the people what they want  Cool!

O7 4WD LT3, Dark Blue Metallic, Amber DRLs, De-badged, GM CAI, Corsa Touring Exhaust, Dual Batteries, Waag Front Runner, 8000 HID, IPCW LED Taillights, Daystar Leveling kit, XD Addicts, Terra Grapplers.

MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #19 on: 12/19/10 09:40 PM »

Naw that is seriously cool Thumbs up!

Now can you put a SS496 decal on it. Big laughter with tears  Big laughter with tears Big laughter with tears

If I were running GM, we might be broke, but I would give the people what they want  Cool!

2003 2500
MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #20 on: 12/19/10 10:04 PM »

I know I'm dreaming, but there is no way I would buy that thing. But I do like the look.

2003 2500
Jolt

Aka Jeronimo, I'm 21 and LOVE my av!

Awards
« Reply #21 on: 12/19/10 10:07 PM »

First, AWESOME TRUCK!

yeah the gmt900 interior seems like it lacks a lot on eye appeal.the ford and dodge really have beautiful interior.maybe when the new gmt900 comes out in2012 we might see and upgrade like its competitors

I absolutely HATE this steering wheel. They never thought about actually using it. I drove my gf's f150 last week and everytime you press volume down (right side top left part of button on steering wheel buttons) or track down, or temp down, or whatever you figer get's lodged in between that cover and where the button submits, very uncomfortable. you have to try and avoid it every time.

Other than that, it's a very nice interior with chrome accents

Leather, On*, XM, Bose, Corsa Catback, Hypertech Programmer, Dealer DVD headrests, Factory Nav, 20's, HIDs on low, all LED lights + Extra Puddle under steps, K&N, Sub interface+sub, IPOD interface, Escalade Platinum Gauges....
Others:
55 Chevy stepside Blu/blk
65 Corvette blk/blk
60 Impala Blu/blu - In progress
66 Mustang Blk/blk - In progress
95 Impala Blk/blk
63 Ranchero White/tan - FOR SALE
90 Mustang 5.0 Blk/gry
07 XLR Blk/B
GHP

Yo!

Awards
« Reply #22 on: 12/19/10 10:17 PM »

I know I'm dreaming, but there is no way I would buy that thing. But I do like the look.

We can dream

Jolt

Aka Jeronimo, I'm 21 and LOVE my av!

Awards
« Reply #23 on: 12/19/10 10:24 PM »

stop editing it, now your just making it look like a ridgeline... Beating

I'd really like to see the next generation avalanche renderings even if they don't end up proceeding with making any

Leather, On*, XM, Bose, Corsa Catback, Hypertech Programmer, Dealer DVD headrests, Factory Nav, 20's, HIDs on low, all LED lights + Extra Puddle under steps, K&N, Sub interface+sub, IPOD interface, Escalade Platinum Gauges....
Others:
55 Chevy stepside Blu/blk
65 Corvette blk/blk
60 Impala Blu/blu - In progress
66 Mustang Blk/blk - In progress
95 Impala Blk/blk
63 Ranchero White/tan - FOR SALE
90 Mustang 5.0 Blk/gry
07 XLR Blk/B
Flint4x4

Awards
« Reply #24 on: 12/20/10 07:17 AM »

It's a concept but it's buildable with mostly available GM and/or aftermarket parts. It's a peek at the next generation trucks, the rear fenders/box look like a sure bet for production and the 4x4 concept ones could fit duals. The interior is GMT900 Denali, (GM isn't showing all thier cards yet). 

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: