• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Nelson PMC is installed

05Guy

SM 2010
1st up date
Well PCM came in and I installed it at work today simple enough, Truck started right up, rpm was a little crazy, but it settled down after a while,, OK put it gear she stalled, 2ND time same thing, so 3rd time I went up with the idle and made it, kept the idle a little high about 15% for 20 -30 seconds got better,, but still ruff, No check engine lights,(ThankGod)  so that a good sign, when I leave work now I'll see what happens ,,,,,,,,,,, :B:

OK, I called Nelson about the idle it was a little rough, they told me to put the ignition switch on for 20-30 seconds, them shut it and start it  back up, and It was nearly perfect,,I have a 15 mile ride home 5 min stop and go, then highway, every stop light it got better, once I got on the highway I felt the increase in power and the tranny shift,, so far I'm happy. 10x's better then the Hyper-tech I have, the responce is so much better, Glad I spent the money,,,,, oh idle is perfect  :B:..

Total $311.00 with shipping ,,,, went for another ride tonight ,,, she's running great

Well, I only have one word to say (Outstanding) what ever Nelson did to that PCM made my Baby come to life, she feels like a different truck No BS, she is so strong, it's unbelievable. First off the shifts are so quick, no delays what so ever, she pulls from light to light 10X's better then before, the performance on the highway is totally different, I also notice a 10* drop engine temp, it doesn't drive like it did a few days ago, Just don't know why I waited so long, (y) (y)

05Guy said:
OK, I called Nelson about the idle it was a little rough, they told me to put the ignition switch on for 20-30 seconds, them shut it and start it  back up, and It was nearly perfect,,I have a 15 mile ride home 5 min stop and go, then highway, every stop light it got better, once I got on the highway I felt the increase in power and the tranny shift,, so far I'm happy. 10x's better then the Hyper-tech I have, the responce is so much better, Glad I spent the money,,,,, oh idle is perfect  :B:..

Which HyperTech do you have?  ???  Why don't you post some results after a tank or two of gas, since one of your goals was to improve MPG.  Before/after. 

Thanks,

For sure I figured when I put 2-300 miles I would know ,,, as of right now I'm only getting around 13.6 - 14.2 ,,,thats a combo Street and highway,  straight Highway once 16.1 3 hour ride flat roads.. :B:

05Guy said:
For sure I figured when I put 2-300 miles I would know ,,, as of right now I'm only getting around 13.6 - 14.2 ,,,thats a combo Street and highway,  straight Highway once 16.1 3 hour ride flat roads.. :B:

I posted on a different thread that with my CAI, Magnaflow, and HyperTech on my 2206 Avy, i'm getting 16.3 city/highway.  I just drove from Atlanta to Niagara Falls, and averaged 18+.

Back