• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

diablo predator

lowlife714

Hey guys I bought the diablo predator tuner a few months ago. I installed it using 87 and didn't really notice much power gain. Am I the only one who has seen this?

2005 Avalache 5.3 mod's CAI, TBS and flowmasters.

I've 'tuned' and hot-rodded a bunch of different vehicles over the last 40 years. You need to add a substantial amount of horsepower and torque before you get a noticeable seat-of-the-pants power boost. A 10 or 20 horsepower gain is not something you can expect to feel. JMHO, of course..............

-

I did the same thing, and didn't notice a huge gain.  I did notice that it doesn't shift down as often when I am going down the highway.  I drive pretty much the same route every day going to and from work, and on a couple of the hills it would shift down.  And since the tune, it doesn't shift down nearly as often.

I thought there was a way you could log your data and have someone make you a custom tune with the predator.  I forgot who it was that adjusted the parameters but i thought it was like 75.00 for them to get you a custom tune for your diablo.  Iver heard of guys being pretty satisfied with it, just can't remember who it was that did it.  Anyhow may be something to consider.

TJ

Back