• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

TIRES?? What's the biggest size you can put on an 04 AVY without lifting it??

ericpainter52

I just bought a 04 4X4 AVY looooove the truck!!!! Went down to my local truck customizing shop asking them about tires. They said that i can't really go bigger on tires because of the front plastic cladding. Just curious what tires are the best size to make the truck look beefier and not have to raise up the body? Thanks in advance for all the advice.  :help:

I have an 04 Z71 just put 285/70/17 Hankook Dynapro MTs on. Cranked the torsion bars almost all the way up and they fit fine and look great. Don't think u can go much bigger than that.

Yeah 285s are pretty much the limit, unless you want to cut a whole lot of plastic out of the wheel wells.

James.

I actually have 16" rims on mine. I found these tires and was curious if anybody has bought them before and if they look good?? They are 265/70R16 BF Goodrich All-Terain T/A KO

Thanks

I think 32" is about the tallest you can go. I currently have 305/50/20s (32.01"  tall /12.01" wide) on my stock Av, and they BARELY rub at full turns. I should look into cranking up my torsion bars, maybe this weekend.

I originally wanted something with less metal and beefier, but I got an amazing deal on this setup and couldn't say no.

I just looked up the tires I have on their website, it says they are 33". That doesn't seem right I'll have to measure them when I get a chance.

my 06 has 285-65-r18's on it when i bought it with nitto terra grapplers and i love it and they dont rub at all! i was wondering if someone already cranked the torsion bars to fit these in and if not how bad would the ride quality go down if i cranked them out to the max?

I've just replaced my 305/40R22 tires by 305/45R22 (32.8") and they don't rub anywhere. I do have 'Ford' Keys and 2inch spacers in the rear.

Sorry for the fuzzy picture; I just nearly fitted in this parking garage and only had my cell phone with me  >:D

1zxqwwy.jpg

mrobers said:
I've just replaced my 305/40R22 tires by 305/45R22 (32.8") and they don't rub anywhere. I do have 'Ford' Keys and 2inch spacers in the rear.

Sorry for the fuzzy picture; I just nearly fitted in this parking garage and only had my cell phone with me  >:D

1zxqwwy.jpg

[/quote did you keep the same shocks after you put ford keys in????

stogen said:
mrobers said:

[/quote did you keep the same shocks after you put ford keys in????

I am currently driving with the original shocks BUT the front ones are too short. I had to lower the front somewhat to keep the shocks from hitting their end. Parts for the Avalanche here in the Netherlands are hard to come by, especially when they are not standard, so I ordered a complete new set of Rancho RS5000 specially designed for a mild lift (2-3"). I wanted Rancho RS9000 but they are only in stock length or lifts >3". The rear ones just came in yesterday but it seems the front shocks were not in stock and they can't tell me when I can expect them  :(

My keys came with some kind of shock extenders which should be mounted on the top mount of the shocks. It looked so poorly designed that I decided not to use them and instead lower the front a bit. Before lowering, I had the truck aligned by the shop, so I can turn the keys up again when the shocks are in.

Well everyone is saying you can fit 32" tires on stock, well when you buy a 3" level is the only way to fit 33s, They can't be 32" tires on a stock avalanche

Chevy911 said:
Well everyone is saying you can fit 32" tires on stock, well when you buy a 3" level is the only way to fit 33s, They can't be 32" tires on a stock avalanche
I guess experience doesnt speak for itself then. I have a stock suspension Avy, just cranked the keys to get it leveled perfect and i seem to fit my 32s just fine.

I'm running 305/30r26 at the moment. (For about 2 more days until my new and much smaller wheels come in) and I have very little rubbing issues.. Only time they rub is at a full turn up a sharp incline. That's 33.2 inch tires so I believe you can run 33s I have no torsion crank or lift. 02 z71 with cladding.

Running 35x12.5 Toyos on a Readylift 2.5" leveling kit... little bit of trimming on the fenders and front bumper but nothing that you can't do with basic tools.

Attachments

• Lifted.2.w.jpg
    Lifted.2.w.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 234
Back