Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
12/21/14 02:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like 2012 is the last year for the Avalanche and EXT  (Read 55138 times)
Schelbi
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

2002 Chevy Avalanche 1500 Z71 in Germany

WWW Awards
« Reply #100 on: 02/23/12 03:23 PM »

Thanks for the chart Cheesy Now I know that we are only on 7th place here in Germany
OK......it's expensive to drive an Avalanche in Europe but hey....I pay for pure FUN

Black 2002 Avalanche 1500 Z71. Mods: running on Propan (LPG), backup cam, black bowtie, removed Onstar, Diablo Predator tune, Comp cam, amber rear turn signal in place of backup lights, new LED backup lights and rear fog lights in bumper, Samsung 7" Galaxy Tab holder, CB Radio, 3'' body lift, 6" Skyjacker suspension lift, 37x12.5R17 BFG MTs on AZEV rims, Realift torsion bar relocators, removed rear bumper cover.....
Flint4x4
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #101 on: 02/24/12 10:31 AM »

Is there any way you can see if someone in stamping has any CAD prints that resemble the rear side panel for a new Avy? Of course I am assuming those are stored on a corporate database

Probably be easier to insert a spy and/or hack the Pentagon than GM   Cheesy   

Gasoline prices are artificially increased in Europe thru taxation. Canada exports oil to the USA but they pay more per gallon than we do in the states and our prices vary widely, often from one city to the next. A barrel of crude oil costs everyone the same price at any given time but when you add restrictions on refineries and transportation then tax the crap out of it,....   Roll Eyes 

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education."  - Bertrand Russell
Vaeagleav

The Avalanche just keeps getting better!

Awards
« Reply #102 on: 02/24/12 03:01 PM »

I know on a CVO Harley website when we want to get sneak peaks on next year's models they check a website for the California Air Resources Board (CARB) since manufacturers have to submit sample vehicles for testing to get approved for sale. Maybe the have the approval listings for the Avalanches as well?
I don't have the link for the CARB listings though.

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.
Tom73

Awards
« Reply #103 on: 02/25/12 08:17 PM »

Just found the Biggers Chevy dealer website. They in Elgin IL. The site has a write up about the 2013 Avalanche. http://www.biggerschevy.com/2013-chevrolet-avalanche.htm

In part it states:

The 2013 Chevrolet Avalanche is Coming to Elgin

At Biggers Chevrolet, we take pride in providing you with all the available information on upcoming releases of the best Chevy cars on the market. One of the staples of the Chevrolet brand over the last decade has been the powerful, full-sized Avalanche, and we expect that the upcoming 2013 model will be no different. While we don't have all the information on what exactly to expect in the new model just yet, we do know that many of the features that make the current Chevy Avalanche great will be back, along with a few subtle changes to improve upon an already stellar automobile. We'll keep you updated with the latest information on what to expect when the 2013 Chevy Avalanche arrives in Elgin in 2012. If you have never taken the time to drive an Avalanche, you are truly missing out.
brookmotors

Awards
« Reply #104 on: 02/26/12 06:01 PM »

check this site out!!!! http://www.carriebv.com/2013-chevrolet-avalanche-redesign-concept-changes-specs-release-date.htm Wave
BCmountaineer
CAFCNA 2012 Supporting Member

WWW Awards
« Reply #105 on: 02/27/12 10:40 AM »

Im begginning to think these 2013 write-ups are just to grab people who search for 2013 in google.  I say that because there is no hard information - just things like "improved fuel economy" and "a few subtle changes" when they talk about the new and improved Av.  If a local dealer says that they will have the 2013 i suggest you keep note and head down when the time comes.  If they dont make a 2013 Av you should  Beating the dealer.  hard.

2004 Avalanche 1500 Z71 WBH: Factory BOSE Sound System, GM Bug/Rain Guards, GM Side steps, Amber DRLs, K&N CAI/FIPK, Dual Electric Fan Conversion...

Region VI - Vancouver, British Columbia
PerfectReign
CAFCNA 2013 Supporting Member

A Turn Signal is a Statement, Not a Request

WWW Awards
« Reply #106 on: 02/27/12 11:01 AM »

Love the write-up. Not sure about that V6 engine though..

It is real evidence that Chevrolet, as the company wants to answer customerís requests. 2013 Chevrolet Avalanche is supported by remarkable design and also authoritative V6 engine.

2006 WBH LS2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
ms38w

I AM the Scorpion

WWW Awards
« Reply #107 on: 02/27/12 01:39 PM »

Who wrote that article?  It evidently didn't go through the editors hands, as evidenced by all the typos and improper use of several words/terms.  I almost thought it was a British article by the wording, then realized that the author was just an IDIOT!

'02 1500 Z71, with a few mods...
408 Stroker, H2 rear end, 6-speed manual,side pipes, shorty headers,8-lug wheels, 1-ton T-case, custom drive shafts.
PerfectReign

WWW Awards
« Reply #108 on: 02/27/12 02:09 PM »

It looks like a non-English speaker wrote it...

ms38w

I AM the Scorpion

WWW Awards
« Reply #109 on: 02/27/12 02:18 PM »

Obviously not an Av-aficionado either...   Roll Eyes

'02 1500 Z71, with a few mods...
408 Stroker, H2 rear end, 6-speed manual,side pipes, shorty headers,8-lug wheels, 1-ton T-case, custom drive shafts.
Doward

Awards
« Reply #110 on: 02/27/12 03:27 PM »

I'd trade my '05 in on a 1500 4x4 4.5L Diesel if they came out with one for 2013!
SabreXray
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #111 on: 02/27/12 05:20 PM »

I don't care, I'm going to keep my 05 till the wheels fall off, so by 2023 I might need a new one.  Cool!

-Sabre

2005 Sport Red Metallic Avalanche Z71
PerfectReign

WWW Awards
« Reply #112 on: 02/28/12 10:48 PM »

Tonight my cell phone rings.

It is one of the (many) local Chevy dealers. This one in downtown.*

The lady asks if I'd be interested in a 2012 Avalanche. I reply that I'd heard of the '13 model having a diesel (so I lied) and that I have an '06 but want more towing power.

I'm placed on hold for a few minutes.

She comes back and says that they don't have any 2013 diesel avalanche models in yet, but when they do she'll call me back.

Not gonna hold my breath.

*Felix Chevrolet in Los Angeles actually has Felix the Cat as the logo. The owner was friends with the creator of Felix the Cat and got permission to use the cat as the logo.

http://laplaces.blogspot.com/2010/06/felix-chevrolet.html

zo6man1

Awards
« Reply #113 on: 02/28/12 11:40 PM »

Wow that reminds me of the story at rileys the other day. I was looking for the haynes book for our truck and the employee at the counter looked it up and said "Huh thats wierd why does it say it falls under GM... O yea I remember GM bought Chevrolet as part of the big bankruptcy they went through." Wat Wat   Roll Eyes   banghead  Big laughter with tears  I cant believe he just said that I just walked out the store.

2009 Z71 2LT
Ztribe9

Awards
« Reply #114 on: 02/28/12 11:42 PM »

Well boys keep your avys close! and pray GM rethinks the idea of the avalanche and keeps them around a while longer...
Flint4x4

Awards
« Reply #115 on: 02/29/12 09:57 AM »

the employee at the counter looked it up and said "Huh thats wierd why does it say it falls under GM... O yea I remember GM bought Chevrolet as part of the big bankruptcy they went through."

Ironic: early years Chevrolet held over 50% of GM Co. stock, that's when they became GM Inc.  chevy 

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education."  - Bertrand Russell
Tom73

Awards
« Reply #116 on: 03/02/12 07:25 PM »

I checked with another local Chevy dealer and they stated there would not be a 2013 Avalanche.
« Last Edit: 03/18/12 05:02 PM by Tom73 » Logged
SabreXray
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #117 on: 03/07/12 12:07 PM »

I checked with another local Chevy dealer and they stated there would not be a 2014 Avalanche.
Does not prove anything, the dealer might be playing you to not wait and buy one now, dealers are tricky, lol.   chevy

Sabre

2005 Sport Red Metallic Avalanche Z71
Tom73

Awards
« Reply #118 on: 04/04/12 07:16 PM »

I emailed Chevy again asking..."I...was planning to trade for a '13 Avalanche the end of this year.  Now I hear that '12 will be the last for the Avalanche.  Please tell me that it is not true!"

Got a response back today that said, in part..."At this time, no announcement has been made regarding discontinuing the Chevrolet Avalanche.  Production for the 2013 Avalanche is scheduled for June 11, 2012.  Vehicles generally begin arriving at dealers about 6 to 8 weeks later.  Please keep in mind that production dates are preliminary and subject to change...."

So maybe there is hope!

Tom...
Flint4x4

Awards
« Reply #119 on: 04/05/12 07:41 AM »

Got a response back today that said, in part..."At this time, no announcement has been made regarding discontinuing the Chevrolet Avalanche.  Production for the 2013 Avalanche is scheduled for June 11, 2012.  Vehicles generally begin arriving at dealers about 6 to 8 weeks later.  Please keep in mind that production dates are preliminary and subject to change...."

No announcement has been made about continuing the Avalanche when GMT900 production ends sometime in 2013.

When GM announced plans to build the next generation Suburban were back on,... that gives us hope. They built the first Avalanche concept (a GMC I think) from mostly stock parts and put it in production a year or so later. They can do it but will they ?

ARMYtango

Just PUSH until I am tired!

Awards
« Reply #120 on: 04/05/12 08:18 AM »

Wow that reminds me of the story at rileys the other day. I was looking for the haynes book for our truck and the employee at the counter looked it up and said "Huh thats wierd why does it say it falls under GM... O yea I remember GM bought Chevrolet as part of the big bankruptcy they went through." Wat Wat   Roll Eyes   banghead  Big laughter with tears  I cant believe he just said that I just walked out the store.

Are you serious???  Shocked

Holy cow that was stupid...lol   Thumbs down  Beating

'04 Z66 WBH, AVS bug shield, AVS rain guards, BOSE sound system w/6-disk CD changer, 6 On-high, Sequential Bully fire strip, Amber DRL's, tinted SONAR Euro tails, Pace Setter TFX Dual Exhaust, K&N CAI, dual pillar gauge w/ GlowShift 7-color Trans Temp Gauge, low beam 6k HIDs, blue interior LEDs, LED plate lights, LED puddle lights, Halo/Projector headlights
Flint4x4

Awards
« Reply #121 on: 04/05/12 09:01 AM »

Are you serious???  Shocked

Holy cow that was stupid...lol   Thumbs down  Beating

No more stupid than people calling it Government Motors or UAW Motors after the bankruptcy.

The reorganization was more complicated than that

blu_fuz

Awards
« Reply #122 on: 04/05/12 09:05 AM »

Bummer to see that only 5 years into the new body style they are going to end the AV. After mine is all paid for in a year, I will buy a brand new-ish one to put in storage. That way if anything happens to my '07 I will still have a brand new one waiting for me  love

Tom73

Awards
« Reply #123 on: 04/05/12 04:49 PM »

I'm starting to get the impression that there will be a 2013 Avalanche. Just will be a continuataion of the current model. Question will be will there be a 2014?

Tom...
Flint4x4

Awards
« Reply #124 on: 04/06/12 07:49 AM »

Bummer to see that only 5 years into the new body style they are going to end the AV

The GMT800 ran 5 years, '02-'06. The GMT900 will be 7 years, '07 thru '13, it was supposed to be 5 years but they put it on hold when gas spiked to $5 then delayed it further due to the bankruptcy issue. In a way the Avalanche got a two year reprieve, maybe two and half years since it's about 18 months before 2014 Suburban production is scheduled to be consolidated in Arlington, TX.

The Avalanche will have a twelve and half year run, early 2001 to late 2013, not bad. It's still over a year until the next platform comes out which should run at least another 5 years, I wouldn't hold my breath but a next gen AV could still happen.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: