Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
07/24/14 05:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: add on motion alarm  (Read 2392 times)
aval1212
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« on: 09/26/10 08:36 AM »

I was thinking about getting the motion alarm that gm offers, Just wondering how that operates if you can disable it if for some reason something keeps setting it off. Thank you
aval1212

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 10/01/10 05:58 PM »

Use to be in the old days you could get any question answered on here   oh well
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 10/02/10 06:57 AM »

Maybe you need to add more info.

Part Number of kit
What year avy you have?
etc etc

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 10/02/10 07:46 PM »

Maybe you need to add more info.

Part Number of kit
What year avy you have?
etc etc

X2 I do not mind searching for stuff but if you don't post the basic stuff I'm not going to look it up or guess.

Please put the year and model you have.

GM makes a motion sensor and a tilt sensor.    I need a hug
Yellowreef

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 03/16/12 10:04 AM »

Ok, I'll play.  Same question, I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with this add-on and how it works.  It is the GM PART # 17800431 shock sensor.  Description says it is an add on to the security system, so presumably the system does not come with this.  I have a 2008 Avalanche LTZ.  Thanks for any insight you might be able to provide.
DouglasOak
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

2008 Summit White LTZ Windsor, Ontario

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: 03/16/12 10:27 AM »

I have not used this part, but was recently looking at it myself. It is a simple plug and play piece that uses an external shock sensor to trigger the factory alarm.
Sensitivity can be adjusted to prevent false alarms with a simple screw on the shock sensor. It is also a 2-stage sensor, meaning it honks in short burst if it detects minor tapping on the window/etc.

This is not like the crappy mercury switch/or spring and ball types of long ago, but a magnetic sensor. (This prevents it from being overly sensitive on inclines etc, but it is still liable to go off @ 3 in the morning when someone drives by on a Harley with his pipes uncorked!!)

It appears to be a fairly good set-up although costly ($115) compared to aftermarket (but they do not include all the plugs necessary for a clean and simple D.I.Y. installation.)

Part # 17800432 is an incline sensor which will trigger if the vehicle is slowly jacked up (for towing, or tire removal, by "Midnight Auto Supply")

PART # 17800431 SHOCK SENSOR  (first picture)

PART # 17800432 INCLINE SENSOR (second picture)
« Last Edit: 03/16/12 11:17 AM by DouglasOak » Logged

ARMYtango

Just PUSH until I am tired!

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 03/16/12 10:51 AM »

I have not used this part, but was recently looking at it myself. It is a simple plug and play piece that uses an external shock sensor to trigger the factory alarm.
Sensitivity can be adjusted to prevent false alarms with a simple screw on the shock sensor. It is also a 2-stage sensor, meaning it honks in short burst if it detects minor tapping on the window.

This is not like the crappy mercury switch/or spring and ball types of long ago, but a magnetic sensor. (This prevents it from being overly sensitive on inclines etc, but it is still liable to go off @ 3 in the morning when someone drives by on a Harley with his pipes uncorked!!)

It appears to be a fairly good set-up although costly ($115) compared to aftermarket (but they do not include all the plugs necessary for a clean and simple D.I.Y. installation.)

Part # 17800432 is an incline sensor which will trigger if the vehicle is slowly jacked up (for towing, or tire removal, by "Midnight Auto Supply")

PART # 17800431 SHOCK SENSOR  (first picture)

PART # 17800432 INCLINE SENSOR (second picture)
Are they $115 EACH, or which one were you talking about?

I would love to get the shock sensor if it will plug into an '04.

'04 Z66 WBH, AVS bug shield, AVS rain guards, BOSE sound system w/6-disk CD changer, 6 On-high, Sequential Bully fire strip, Amber DRL's, tinted SONAR Euro tails, Pace Setter TFX Dual Exhaust, K&N CAI, dual pillar gauge w/ GlowShift 7-color Trans Temp Gauge, low beam 6k HIDs, blue interior LEDs, LED plate lights, LED puddle lights, Halo/Projector headlights
DouglasOak

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: 03/16/12 11:16 AM »

Are they $115 EACH, or which one were you talking about?

I would love to get the shock sensor if it will plug into an '04.
$115 is retail for the shock sensor. GMPARTSDIRECT $80.50
$155 is retail for the incline sensor. GMPARTSDIRECT $108.50

Both items are listed for 07+ Avalanche/EXT.

ARMYtango

Just PUSH until I am tired!

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 03/16/12 11:19 AM »

THANKS!  Thumbs up!

'04 Z66 WBH, AVS bug shield, AVS rain guards, BOSE sound system w/6-disk CD changer, 6 On-high, Sequential Bully fire strip, Amber DRL's, tinted SONAR Euro tails, Pace Setter TFX Dual Exhaust, K&N CAI, dual pillar gauge w/ GlowShift 7-color Trans Temp Gauge, low beam 6k HIDs, blue interior LEDs, LED plate lights, LED puddle lights, Halo/Projector headlights
Yellowreef

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 03/17/12 01:01 AM »

Douglas, when you say
Hey don't include all the plugs necessary are you talking about the aftermarket or the GM?  This one does seem to include all connectors.  Do you know if it comes with install instructions.  I know a lot of OEM stuff doesn't because they probably figure it will be installed at the dealership or something.
DouglasOak

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: 03/17/12 09:42 AM »

The GM parts include the necessary connectors, and there are a couple extra wires that need to be inserted into existing connectors in the truck. As for instructions... I am not sure, but the General usually doesn't give anything but the part and a plastic bag. I will check into instructions later this weekend. But for now I'm enjoying record breaking high temps, and giving Ava some overdue pampering!
« Last Edit: 03/17/12 02:27 PM by DouglasOak » Logged

DouglasOak

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: 03/18/12 05:41 PM »

As for instructions... I am not sure, but the General usually doesn't give anything but the part and a plastic bag.

As usual the General does not have any install info, and the BCM (Body Control Module) needs to be reprogrammed.  Thumbs down

aval1212

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 04/09/13 05:31 PM »

I was told my 2013 ltz will not work with the with the add on sensor alarm
wyotonka

THE TONKA TRUCK AND I ARE PASTAFARIANS

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 04/10/13 09:18 AM »

From what i understand that is because of the auto ride suspension

Intimidatoruag

Tatertown Posse Member #5

Awards
« Reply #14 on: 04/10/13 09:22 AM »

From what i understand that is because of the auto ride suspension

what he said .... they told me the same thing when I had my '08 ... they tried to program it only to call tech support and find out it will not work with the auto leveling suspension ....

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: