Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/20/14 10:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is XM really worth it?  (Read 4812 times)
05Guy
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

My 05

Awards
« Reply #25 on: 09/17/10 03:44 PM »

Nothing better, always something to listen too chevy

Mods:/
Rockford Punch P500 Amp, JL Audio J2 250.1 mono Amp, Pioneer TS-A1683R Speakers, Pioneer Premier TS-A702C Speaker Set, Custom Midgate mod, with 2 10 inch sony sub's, Fabtech Performance Steering Stabilizer...Nelson PCM tune
Front/EBC Sport Rotors, Spectre Cold Air Intake. MSD Spark Plug Wires......Gibson Dual Extreme....8000 Xenon HID Headlights, .
thunderstruck06

Awards
« Reply #26 on: 12/11/10 09:32 PM »

Pandora Radio is a far better deal than XM or Sirius IMO, that is, if you already have a smartphone and at least a 2GB dataplan.

2006 Avalanche Z71 || 1995 C1500 Silverado

Escalade cluster, Corvette servo, iSimple interface, other misc. stuff...
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #27 on: 12/11/10 09:47 PM »

What is Pandora Radio and why would I need a smart phone in my AV. I don't know

2003 2500
Flint4x4
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #28 on: 12/12/10 05:44 AM »

I just checked out  http://www.pandora.com/   and it's an OK internet radio option.

I don't have a cell phone let alone a smart one, XM is far cheaper than another phone bill. 

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education."  - Bertrand Russell
CodeBlueEMT
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #29 on: 12/12/10 08:50 AM »

I recently reactivated my XM. They offered me 5 months of service for $20. I'll see what they're willing to do when that offer expires. I love the Boneyard and Hair Nation channels.

My five month deal recently expired. I had the "XM Everything" package, but wanted to downgrade to the "Mostly Music" package. I called XM (I couldn't do it myself on the XM website) and instead of paying $9.99/month for the "Mostly Music" package, they offered me "XM Everything" again,  5 months for $20. Now, I'm good to go until May 2011.

XM's customer service sucks. I hate calling them. At least XM is willing to deeply discount their programming these days. I'll deal with their poor customer service once every 5 months if needed.

I love my XM. The signal is always good and their music programming  beats the socks off of the local FM stations around here.

$4 a month is a great deal.
« Last Edit: 12/12/10 09:11 AM by CodeBlueEMT » Logged
Flint4x4

Awards
« Reply #30 on: 02/20/11 08:00 AM »

I bought lifetime membership for few hundred.... had it for.. heck I forget...

and yes I wear out the comedy channels 

They want $271.95 to renew XMeverything for two years next month.

I really screwed up not buying the lifetime 7 years ago when I traded for the '04  banghead   

You need a magnifying glass to read the XM channel lineup card they sent me.

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education."  - Bertrand Russell
Allen705

Awards
« Reply #31 on: 03/19/11 04:27 PM »

I just took advantage of the promotion of one year for $77 bucks(really about $90 after taxes, royalty fees). It's XM Everything so you will even get the sports. Just tell them you received an offer, or saw it advertised, from a friend, etc.

As for as for is it worth it?  I like the selection, talk, laugh radio, and sports...especially when they update the scores on the digital readouts!! So if you just tuned in and don't know the score, it's displays it.

I aim to misbehave.
dman
CAFCNA 2011 Supporting Member

I love my rare beast!!

Awards
« Reply #32 on: 03/19/11 11:35 PM »

I have the $77.00 deal on my first radio, on my 2nd and (brothers) 3rd radio, I use to have the $20 for 5 months deal. I have had that deal for about 2 years, I would call back to renew and always get the same deal. Now when I renewed XM said they don't offer it any more. The new 2nd and more radio deal is like $90.00 plus tax and royalty fee, about $102.00. Not a good deal anymore. I may have to drop the 3rd radio.  Cry

2003, 2 wd, 2500, 8.1, 4:10's  YELLOW, Zaino,  20" MB Motoring v-drive rims, Hankook Ventus 295/45/20 tires, Edelbrock Ceramic headers, Orange TPMS, 2" rear wheel spacers, Xtreme floor mats, Volant, Predator, AV bug guard, On-star, XM, Homemade bedslide, Sportwing spoiler, Hood scoops,  Bose RSE,DVD. Full power, heated butt warmers, under rear seat sub with 2 Audiobahn 10" woofers, Magnaflow S.S. catback exhaust, Viper 2-way remote start alarm. Train horns, Riverboat whistle.Dual batteries.
Flint4x4

Awards
« Reply #33 on: 03/20/11 03:34 AM »

... sports...especially when they update the scores on the digital readouts!! So if you just tuned in and don't know the score, it's displays it.

If you push that display button the announcer will tell you the score   Wink  If you have the same feed on AM/FM and get frustrated waiting for the score just click over to XM and I swear they will tell you the score as soon as you push display  Cheesy

Not sure about this season but on XM MLB you can listen to either the home or opposing team broadcast, baseball season is so long it's nice to break it up and listen to what other team's announcers think of our Detroit Tigers.

CodeBlueEMT
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #34 on: 03/21/11 02:47 AM »

I recenty added XM to my desktop and BlackBerry.
BFDengine5

Awards
« Reply #35 on: 03/21/11 04:42 PM »

I must say i absolutely  love XM. I have had XM for quite a few years now (5 or 6??), and i cant say enough good things about it. I currently use an aftermarket XM receiver which i have carried over from a 96' Ram 2500 to a 2003 Xterra to my current 99' Ram 1500. When i pick up my Av, (2008 LTZ) the first thing I'm doing is activating the XM. A few of the key aspects i love about XM are the diversity of music, listening to the "live" (pre-recorded) concerts (XM55....Buffett is the best!!), and the amount of channels. Here in CT, we only have 1 country music FM station. XM instantly boosts that to 5 (that i listen to), and its just amazing. The only down side I've noticed is a few dead-spots (literally maybe a 1 second cut-out of signal, probably due to RF interference from businesses or communications systems on trains). Aside from that, listening to a concert really makes the time fly on some 3 hour road trips  Thumbs up!
Buckshot

w00t !!

Awards
« Reply #36 on: 03/22/11 07:49 AM »

I just took advantage of the promotion of one year for $77 bucks(really about $90 after taxes, royalty fees). It's XM Everything so you will even get the sports. Just tell them you received an offer, or saw it advertised, from a friend, etc.

As for as for is it worth it?  I like the selection, talk, laugh radio, and sports...especially when they update the scores on the digital readouts!! So if you just tuned in and don't know the score, it's displays it.

I did this the other day, I  didn't mention the deal and they tried to sell me on the $271 deal, when I asked the lady said 'I will have to look that up'. I did end up with the $77 (which is $85 with taxes and fees)

2007 Sunburst Orange LT 4x4, mud flaps, Weather Tech floor mats, GMC Yukon wheels, Amber DRL's, self installed leather, Maglite. EBC rotors and Hawk pads.
dman
CAFCNA 2011 Supporting Member

I love my rare beast!!

Awards
« Reply #37 on: 03/22/11 08:56 AM »

I have the $77.00 deal on my first radio, on my 2nd and (brothers) 3rd radio, I use to have the $20 for 5 months deal. I have had that deal for about 2 years, I would call back to renew and always get the same deal. Now when I renewed XM said they don't offer it any more. The new 2nd and more radio deal is like $90.00 plus tax and royalty fee, about $102.00. Not a good deal anymore. I may have to drop the 3rd radio.  Cry

I called back today and got the new 5 months for $25 deal that I found about online, for the 2nd and 3rd radio. Much happier now.......

2003, 2 wd, 2500, 8.1, 4:10's  YELLOW, Zaino,  20" MB Motoring v-drive rims, Hankook Ventus 295/45/20 tires, Edelbrock Ceramic headers, Orange TPMS, 2" rear wheel spacers, Xtreme floor mats, Volant, Predator, AV bug guard, On-star, XM, Homemade bedslide, Sportwing spoiler, Hood scoops,  Bose RSE,DVD. Full power, heated butt warmers, under rear seat sub with 2 Audiobahn 10" woofers, Magnaflow S.S. catback exhaust, Viper 2-way remote start alarm. Train horns, Riverboat whistle.Dual batteries.
DarkSky

Awards
« Reply #38 on: 04/04/13 05:26 PM »

I just found out that my 03 Av has XM Radio as well. I thought about re-activating it; but, is it really worth the price? I mean $130 a year is a little high for something I may not use much! I mean my wife talked me into Direct TV and we can never seem to find much worth watching! Opinions?

That all depends on how much you listen to the radio Smiley  I only listen to about 5 or 6 of the channels available, but I listen to them all the time.  I really like having CNN there to throw on as background chatter just to keep up to date on the goings on.

The one thing I've found I DON'T like with XM since I've been a subscriber (since before 2007 at least!) is when they change the channel #'s.

But in reality, nobody will listen to 90% of the station on it, but there's something there for everyone.

Very good for sports lovers as you get multiple channels for each major sport, broadcasting the games.

2007 Avalanche LTZ: Kenwood 6990HD DVD/MP3 deck with Garmin GPS, 2x 12" MTX Subwoofers, 4x 6.5" MTX 2-way door speakers, 1 farad Stinger capacitor, Kenwood 5-channel amp, MTX sub amp, subwoofer box midgate replacement, Shurikie BT120 high capacity battery,  Viper 2-way alarm w/remote start.  2.5/1.5" lift,  Arnott front struts, Arnott rear air shocks, 18" Mayhem Chaos rims,  275/70R18 BFGoodrich All Terrain TA K/O tires, Tinted front windows, Go Rhino 3000 push bar.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: