• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2011 Diamond White comes with painted sails & tailgate cap?

HD25002AV

I ordered a 2011 Diamond White (which is due to arrive anytime) and was poking around on the Chevy site..I noticed you can build the 2011's now and it looks like if you order the Diamond White the sails come painted like the Escalades (look at the picture when you select White Diamond)...Hopefully it's not an error on the site cuz I like it!!

Can anyone confirm this?

After viewing the gallery it looks like the blue and sheer silver also come painted to match..

One other thing I just noticed, looks like it has the Escalade style rear upper brake lamp..

Attachments

• 2011 Avalanche.JPG
    2011 Avalanche.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 221
do you have a link? ... I just tried to do the Diamond white and the only way I got it to come up as an available option was to select the popular option and then change the color to diamond white ...when I did that the sail panels are still black ....

http://www.chevrolet.com/tools/byo/byoCustomizeVehicle.do?mode=byosummary&year=2010&pvc=11916&styleId=&brand=avalanche&optionList=S80,BRS,PCJ&title=LTZ%20WITH%20POPULAR%20OPTIONS&evar10=byo_path_popularconfig

Looks like a $400 option and is only available in a few colors.

Body-Colored Exterior Components

Requires Convenience Package and exterior color Black or Sheer Silver Metallic.

You have to choose either one of follows options:BlackSheer Silver Metallic

http://www.chevrolet.com/vehicles/2011/avalanche/overview.do

LINK  strange when you click to build one it does not show any orange color but on this page it is there and shows the painted sails!!

Maybe they're still working the bugs out of the system??  If you go to build your own, the painted sails come up automatically without selecting the exterior color option on the White Diamond color..

Just a thought which may support your question. I had been looking into sanding/painting my existing cladding to match my 2008 pearl white, well the tailgate piece was chipped so I was going to order a new one. In the body shop's computer system a few months ago the part number for the piece of course pulled up the textured piece for the avalanche. Now, fast forward to now and long story short, I found all the parts I needed at a salvage yard already the same color and installed them, except for that tailgate piece because that was the only piece I couldn't get. So back to the body shop to order and paint, only that same computer system now has a textured or smoothed option on the avalanche cladding pieces,which I assume is just the ext pieces. But still, the fact that body shops doing repairs may now have the option in their systems to choose textured or smoothed may very well confirm that this may be a new option coming out on the 2011 model avalanches. I ordered the smooth tailgate piece with the backup camera cutout listed for the avalanche and all was good. Hopefully if your correct and that is an option you got it, because I agree with you, I like... :love:
232323232%7Ffp%3A8%3A%3Enu%3D3378%3E9%3C9%3E588%3EWSNRCG%3D33959%3A6%3B96338nu0mrj

So I called the dealer and found out the painted option wasn't available when I ordered my 2011.  I'm a bit pissed that GM would do this, my new truck is supposed to arrive any day.  I'm thinking I might tell the dealer I don't want this one and have him order one the way I want it.  It's a lot of money to spend to have regrets before the truck even arrives at the dealer!  GM needs to get their you know what together in IMO

Options change all the time. You should be able to refuse the one you ordered without issue.

That's what i would do,refuse and reorder the one you want. Like you said, no use in spending all that money and having to settle without something you know you'll want. If you don't refuse and take the one not painted to match, then you'll regret it the first 2011 model you come across that's painted to match... just my opinion... Good luck and i hope it all works out in your favor! (y)

Z66 BUTCH said:
Options change all the time. You should be able to refuse the one you ordered without issue.
I suppose they do, its just frustrating that i've waited this long (about 8 weeks) to find out a couple days before it arrives they've added an option I would love to have.  So I either live without it or order another truck...just frustrating that's all, not to mention I'll probably get less for my trade due to the extra time and mileage.   Poor planning on their part IMO.  

Agreed. Get the truck you want, especially if you went to the trouble to custom order one!  (y)
I am liking the new painted sails option!!  :love:

Here's a thought...have the dealer order & install the painted sail panels before you take delivery. That way, you don't have to wait another couple months, but you still get it the way you want it.  (y)

Good luck,

MM

hey GR1MR3APER ... so how much was the tailgate part you got from GM?  not the handle piece byt the long piece and do you remember the part #?

the handle piece and the long piece across the top are all 1 piece. I wanna say it was less than $200, somewhere along the lines of 125-150 for the painted to match with rear camera option if I remember right. I got the receipt here somewhere. And it would need some double checking but I think the part # was 15826669

MightyMouse said:
Here's a thought...have the dealer order & install the painted sail panels before you take delivery. That way, you don't have to wait another couple months, but you still get it the way you want it.   (y)

Good luck,

MM

I'd try and see what MM recommended, have the dealership order the parts and put them on for $400  or simiply refuse the vehicle.  Stand your ground!!  Good Luck!

Back