• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

HVAC Mode Actuator Config

gocubs

I'm having a strange problem with the mode actuator in my 03.  When the AC is set to the front vents only, the actuator makes clicking/squeaking noises.  When looking at it I can see that it is moving all the way to the full front vent setting and then it appears to be trying to go further than is possible.  With every click you can see the whole actuator housing shift a bit as it struggles to move further than possible.

All of the other settings work fine.  If the temp is set low enough the AUTO setting produces the same effect.  At around 76 degrees in AUTO the actuator stops attempting to move further.

Per some other posts here about actuator issues I've tried unplugging the actuator and also unplugging the HVAC fuse to reset the actuator but the problem still exists. 

The click/squeak noise doesn't seem to be as loud since I've been messing with things but it still does not appear to be operating normally and I'd prefer not to burn it out.  Before I had to turn the stereo up very loud to drown out the noise.   

If anyone has any ideas on how to get the actuator calibrated correctly please let me know. 

Thanks,
Eric

Turn the HVAC off remove the fuse for 15 minutes put the fuse back in start the AV DO NOT TOUCH THE CONTROLS wait 1 minute then turn the HVAC on. If that does not fix it then replace the actuator

Back