• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2002 Front Bumper

sweetwatermac

My neighbor backed into the front of my 02 Avalanche last week.  ARRGGHH!  The driver's side of the bumper was pushed in and it left a 1" crack in the bumper on each side of the lights where the top of the bumper meets the front panel metal.  I've looked at the skins on ebay which appear to be after market units.  Couple of questions - 1) are these skins identical to the original skin and 2) how difficult is it to replace the front bumper?  The fog light was also broken so I need to replace it to.  Any help on either question is appreciated!

Steve

sweetwatermac said:
My neighbor backed into the front of my 02 Avalanche last week.  ARRGGHH!  The driver's side of the bumper was pushed in and it left a 1" crack in the bumper on each side of the lights where the top of the bumper meets the front panel metal.  I've looked at the skins on ebay which appear to be after market units.  Couple of questions - 1) are these skins identical to the original skin and 2) how difficult is it to replace the front bumper?  The fog light was also broken so I need to replace it to.  Any help on either question is appreciated!

Steve
Uhm...have his insurance buy you a new bumper and fog light?  :beating:

My neighbor is an 85 year old woman and she will pay for it but I'm trying to keep the cost down as she just lost her 91 year old husband.  I'm a softie.

http://car-part.com/index.htm

sweetwatermac said:
My neighbor is an 85 year old woman and she will pay for it but I'm trying to keep the cost down as she just lost her 91 year old husband.  I'm a softie.
(y) understandable...

:jacked:

Funny story: Shortly after I got my 02 I got hit by an elderly woman as I was leaving a restaurant.  She only took a small a gouge out of the plastic on the back bumper and I wasn't going to turn it in, but what happened next changed my mind.

She kept driving after hitting me and pulled into a parking space.  I got out, looked at my damage and thought, 'whew' not bad!  I went over to her and her car was really damaged. Headlight smashed, hood and fender dented pretty good.  I told her she had just hit me and she said "well you wouldn't get out of the way!"...needless to say the conversation got worse from there.  She even decided that going into the restaurant and meeting her friends for lunch was more important than talking to me about our accident.

I visit this restaurant we were at often and know most of the employees and the owner by name, so I went in to tell them there was a "clean up on aisle 3" and I called the authorities.  The guy that answered  the police dispatch is the father of a friend of mine.  I told him what happened and what she said and he paused and said "are you kidding?" "no" I replied, and then heard him laugh as he told another dispatcher.  The cop that came to assess the damage even laughed when I told him.  She came out when he got there and told him the same thing "he wouldn't move" and the cop said "Ma'am, he had no where to go". 

Anyway, she bought me a new bumper.  I wasn't going to turn it in, but her attitude really bothered me...worse yet, it was Christmas time...I was in a great mood and my AV wasn't badly damaged, but I felt that scrooge needed a reality check.  >:D

(End of thread jack...)

I can understand your position though...hopefully someone on here can give you better help.  Maybe check some junk yards??

Ha!  I'd stop being nice real quick if that was the case.  She feels terrible about it.  Now every time I see her back up I'm holding my breath as we have a shared driveway.  I can only "get out of the way" so far and then my house is in the way!

We fixed the problem of cracked front bumpers  >:D

608.jpg

Yeah, yeah you knew it was coming  :laugh:

Spork_Driver said:
We fixed the problem of cracked front bumpers  >:D

608.jpg

Yeah, yeah you knew it was coming  :laugh:

I know it's been a few years since this thread was going, but I came across it via a search and found this photo.  I've been searching for various options concerning a new front bumper for our 04 Avalanche but with cladding it seems tough to find one.  So when I saw this picture, I had to try to see if the owner is the poster and if so, are you still around?  :help: 

I can't remember who bought who out....it is either Stealth Bumpers or Monster Bumpers.  We got this in 2006 maybe?  Sorry I can't be anymore help, especially since it is my truck  :beating:

Spork_Driver said:
I can't remember who bought who out....it is either Stealth Bumpers or Monster Bumpers.  We got this in 2006 maybe?  Sorry I can't be anymore help, especially since it is my truck  :beating:

Thanks for the reply.  I knew it had been a while, but that helps me just the same.  (y)

Back