Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/24/14 02:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WWGTG Des Moines, IA Picture thread  (Read 7292 times)
Didit
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« on: 07/23/10 12:53 PM »

Last night Lu and myself met up with Butch and Jo and Matt and Dawn and went to "Stella's" for dinner, unfortunately the only pic I got was of Butch's tenderloin, lol.   Was having such a good time and conversation, forgot to take any more pics, lol

Didit
« Last Edit: 07/23/10 01:00 PM by Didit » Logged

Didit

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 07/23/10 01:04 PM »

This morning myself and Lu, and Butch and Jo went to Cherry Glenn campground to visit with Matt and Dawn a bit, mercy the stifling humidity, I mean my feet were sweating, lol.   What an AWESOME campground and the lake was breathtaking.  Met Jabrd's bettter half and the baby, how sweet, what a precious age, four months old, will get pics of  the little ham later on.
« Last Edit: 07/24/10 08:28 AM by Didit » Logged

Didit

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 07/23/10 01:06 PM »

This is a shot of Jbrd's unit across the road!

Didit

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 07/23/10 01:09 PM »

Heres a couple of shots of this gorgeous lake from atop the dam road.

Didit

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 07/23/10 01:12 PM »

As this area of the midwest has had an inordinate amount of rainfall, the were releasing some water from Saylorville Lake into the Des Moines river, wow the water gushing was, well kinda awesome!

Didit

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 07/23/10 04:48 PM »

Here's one of Jbrd's four month old, a few of us are in the motel parking lot, getting ready to go to Hardee's Fri night cruise in.

Didit

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 07/23/10 04:50 PM »

Dusted and ready to go!

Shawns extra seat!

Didit

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 07/23/10 04:52 PM »

Really you'd think we could all park together, lol

Just chattin a bit

MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 07/23/10 05:26 PM »

Thanks for the Pics Didit it looks gorgeous there, keep them coming.

2003 2500
Didit

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 07/23/10 08:40 PM »

Well as luck would have it about fifteen minutes after I did a quick shine on my AV, uh it started raining again!  Go figure...............  heres a few folks under the motel walk canopy waiting on the rain to quit.   It finally did and we went on to the other side of town where, guess what it was raining, lol.   The car show and cruise in at Hardees was cancelled. 

Didit

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 07/23/10 08:43 PM »

After spending a few minutes at Hardee's, we headed downtown to the Spaghetti Works for dinner, we parked in a parking garage, alllll the wayyyyyyy up to the rooooooof where guess what, yep it was raining, lol.  I did manage to get a few shots during the brief periods it was not pouring.

Here are a couple of the Des Moines skyline going into town
« Last Edit: 07/24/10 08:33 AM by Didit » Logged

Didit

Awards
« Reply #11 on: 07/23/10 08:45 PM »

AV lineup on the rooftop of the parking garage

Didit

Awards
« Reply #12 on: 07/23/10 08:48 PM »

We had eight AV's on  the rooftop, and I passed one on the way up, lol.  No tag.

Heres a couple of rooftop shots, in the second one, you can see some of our gang going to the Spaghetti works, the ones with umbrellas lol

The third pic is a hmmm "arial tag" maybe, lol  dunno, saw it from the rooftop
« Last Edit: 07/24/10 08:38 AM by Didit » Logged

lurchsavalanche

Luxury of a car, yet function of a TRUCK!

Awards
« Reply #13 on: 07/23/10 08:56 PM »

Anyone know of the AV (1badwolf)? custom plates as we were walking to Spaghetti Warehouse? It was going down the street.

Amber FTDRL, All on high mod, Cooper Zeon LTZ 275/60/20 tires, drop in K&N air filter, Ford torsion bar keys, 3" body lift. (1st GTG in Iowa 2010)
Didit

Awards
« Reply #14 on: 07/23/10 08:59 PM »

Ok, heres the deal, I'm not a photographer by any means, as I'm sure you know by now, lol.  We chose not to go to the Spaghetti Works only because it was an after thought, a good one, however we had Molly with us and there was no way I was leaving my baby on the rooftop all alone, she's scared of heights by herself!  Soooooo we drove by the Spaghetti Works and tried to take a couple of pics in the pouring down rain, lol.   NOT A GOOD IDEA, lol.   The building under the red sign is where they were, right on the sidewalk row inside the restaurant.  On one of the drive bys, you could see Goldbowtie and Toots and a couple of them waving, however I don't think the camera shows that.  RAIN RAIN GO AWAY!

« Last Edit: 07/24/10 09:33 AM by Didit » Logged

MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #15 on: 07/23/10 09:10 PM »

Thanks Didit. Thumbs up!

2003 2500
lurchsavalanche

Awards
« Reply #16 on: 07/23/10 09:29 PM »

Hardee's rainout

good clearance

Amber FTDRL, All on high mod, Cooper Zeon LTZ 275/60/20 tires, drop in K&N air filter, Ford torsion bar keys, 3" body lift. (1st GTG in Iowa 2010)
Z66 BUTCH

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #17 on: 07/24/10 06:46 AM »

Didtit, sorry that you guys could not join us for the great dinner last night but you could have walked Molly down and hitched her at the curb, she is not afraid of a little rain is she?   Big laughter with tears

I was surprised that the lifted Avalanche made it up to the top in that parking garage!

Having a great time and hope to broadcast live a couple of times later today!

Didit

Awards
« Reply #18 on: 07/24/10 09:36 AM »

Early morning modding, sniff I was the only one up, lol.  Doing the "energy suspension" frame mount bushings and the sway bar end links for Harly

and the all four on high and full time DRL mod

Didit

Awards
« Reply #19 on: 07/24/10 09:38 AM »

How precious, this one is  5 months old, Hrly and  Jolynn's baby Aubrey

Didit

Awards
« Reply #20 on: 07/24/10 09:43 AM »

Lining up to go for a Train Ride, can you say choooooo choooooo

07HrlyHlr

HE'S BACK!!!

Awards
« Reply #21 on: 07/24/10 02:55 PM »

My av got a lot of love in the pics! I am not very able bodied so I mostly just stand around and collect dust while others mod my truck  banghead! Broken foot = no fun!

2007 Burnt Orange LT...No mods yet...

Had to sell her and some a$$hole trashed her! 2005 Z71 4x4 10 or so mods and LOTS of paint matching! Clear headlights, Harley Davidson emblems chrome Avalanche on rear and chrome tailgate handle chrome bow tie and of course You cant lose with 22's!
MS03 2500

Awards
« Reply #22 on: 07/24/10 09:13 PM »

My av got a lot of love in the pics! I am not very able bodied so I mostly just stand around and collect dust while others mod my truck  banghead! Broken foot = no fun!

I told ya Dr Didit  Thumbs up!

2003 2500
Didit

Awards
« Reply #23 on: 07/24/10 09:47 PM »

I'm kinda bushed, just got in  the room its after midnight our time, and we've been doing some well midnight modding, lol.  When we got back to the room after dinner, Hrly and Eric were sitting out behind their AV's ready to knock it out, bummer I had the rear bushing's in my room, ugh.  I was bushed but Eric was pumped and ready to knock it out, got Hrly's rear energy suspension bushings in, Eric, way to jump in there, your awesome we really appreciate that.  Heres a couple of close to midnight pics.
« Last Edit: 07/25/10 04:05 AM by Didit » Logged

Didit

Awards
« Reply #24 on: 07/25/10 04:14 AM »

Here are a few of the train pics, it was a pretty awesome train ride, this steam locomotive that we were on was the very last one off the assembly line in China.  There was a "high bridge" we went across, some were squeamish, lol.  It was 150 some feet in the air.

Didit

Awards
« Reply #25 on: 07/25/10 04:16 AM »

the locomotive

Didit

Awards
« Reply #26 on: 07/25/10 04:20 AM »

fill er up with H2o

the caboose

Thats all I got, thanks Iowa for a great time, hope everyone else enjoyed themselves as much as we did

Didit Lu n Molly

ajebner
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

Go Navy! Support our Troops!

Awards
« Reply #27 on: 07/25/10 04:29 AM »

Great Pictures!  Hope you all are dried off, lol.  Thanks for sharing!

2006 Dark Blue Metallic Z66 (with Cladding -- wouldn't have it any other way!).  Mods thanks to my Indiana AV friends:  Amber DRL's; Silverstar signals; FTDRL's; All on High; Easy Lift tailgate; tranny cooler.  She wears Michelin LTX M/S2 shoes size P265/70R17.  Restore Refinisher rocks.

2013 Blue Topaz Metallic LT All Star -- no ambers yet.
lurchsavalanche

Awards
« Reply #28 on: 07/25/10 05:45 AM »

Cheesy My family and I had a great time and I was especially happy to help out in some mods.  love

I will have some more pics to add here, but won't be til this evening.

Everyone have safe traveling back home!

Didit

Awards
« Reply #29 on: 07/25/10 05:22 PM »

We made it home a little after six our time, just shy of 500 miles on one tankful,  got 17.97 mpg.   not bad for a 3 ton buggy!
We stopped for a walk along the Mississippi for a wake up walk, tried to talk Lu into a swim but she wasn't bitin!

I saw where GoldBowTie and Toots made it home ok, Butch stopped in Farmer City, Ill for the night, hope everyone else made it back home ok with no incidents.

Didit

Ski Edition
CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member

Sling some powder!!!

Awards
« Reply #30 on: 07/25/10 05:27 PM »

Looks like you folks had a great time (minus the precipitation) !! 

Z66 BUTCH

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #31 on: 07/25/10 06:13 PM »

I am feeling much better, I think I was more tired than ill. I am so disappointed that we could not get the live webcast working for us, but I am glad to see that many others got it working, I will take a look at the clips when we get home. The first time I guess that you could expect a few glitches. We will keep doing it the old way for now  by posting pictures in this thread. We have several that I will post when we get home. Thanks to everyone who helped with this GTG, we had a great time!

lurchsavalanche

Awards
« Reply #32 on: 07/25/10 06:57 PM »

Made it home at 8PM, stopped in KC area at the Cheesecake Factory for a dinner and dessert. After all the eating and dessert on top of a full belly, I felt like  barf  Big laughter with tears

Had no issues and seen at least 7 AV's on way home including one that was refueling at same pump when we got back into El Dorado. It was a lady in her 50's? and said hers gets around 15 MPG too.   Cool!

Pics will be later, I have laundry and such to deal with.... banghead  Big laughter with tears

07HrlyHlr

HE'S BACK!!!

Awards
« Reply #33 on: 07/25/10 07:06 PM »

We made it home safe around 115! I unwrapped my foot (dont tell my Dr.  Big laughter with tears) Popped a few pills and just woke up about 8 hours later!

We had  great time! We wish we could have done the train ride, but I did not want to get to far away from the homebase at the hotel!

I want to send out an extra special thanks to Mike (DidIt) and Eric (Lurch) for modding my truck for me as I was in a bit of a prediciment! Also to Jaybird and his wife for helping with getting the baby to the Av from the resturant during the monsoon! I owe yall a couple favors next time! Also thanks to everyone else for being so accomodating! Segio ( LakeFX) and his family for the door prizes as well!

We look forward to meeting up with yall again!

Got 14.6 heading down and 15.7 on the way home! Over 400 on each tank  Thumbs up!

Truck rides amazingly smooth like new with the poly bushing!
« Last Edit: 07/25/10 07:46 PM by 05HrlyHlr » Logged

2007 Burnt Orange LT...No mods yet...

Had to sell her and some a$$hole trashed her! 2005 Z71 4x4 10 or so mods and LOTS of paint matching! Clear headlights, Harley Davidson emblems chrome Avalanche on rear and chrome tailgate handle chrome bow tie and of course You cant lose with 22's!
lurchsavalanche

Awards
« Reply #34 on: 07/25/10 09:16 PM »

Here is a link to some pics, http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g205/lurchsmalibu/Avalanche/Avalanche%20GTG%20Des%20Moines%202010/

Whoever wants to take these pics and post them elsewhere feel free to do so!

I took a quick pic of the drawing/door prizes I received to help say THANK YOU to EVERYONE involved on and off the boards here along with the gift sacks for the kids that attended too!!  Thumbs up!

If someone is good at stitching photo's together you can have #1437, 1438, and 1439 to piece together and look like a panoramic shot.  (I have that lens, but it's a PITA!)  Big laughter with tears

« Last Edit: 07/26/10 05:37 PM by lurchsavalanche » Logged

Texascwgrl
CAFCNA Regional Coordinator

Pavement Princess

WWW Awards
« Reply #35 on: 07/25/10 09:55 PM »

GREAT pics!  Good to see some members I have not seen in a while  love love

Texascwgrl's AV Pics
2002 Pewter Z-66 CWGRL Avalanche
Born 5/01  Bought 6/01
Frame date:  May 26, 2001

More of Texascwgrl's AV Pics
avz66

AV - AHOLIC!!!

WWW Awards
« Reply #36 on: 07/26/10 07:29 AM »

Cool pics  Thumbs up!

2002 Avalanche Z66 Indigo Blue - Bought 9-25-01 as of today  0,096,100 miles

66 AV gtgs - 22,892 Miles - Tx. (Hou, S.A.,A) LA, KY, AL,TENN., SD, Wy

CAFCNA Member - 305

Mods - Cowl Hood, Epic Gladiator 20s, Volant CAI, SportsWing, Flowmaster 40, Trenz Bullet Grill and Bowtie, AMP fuel door, Bed slide, Flames

jabrd
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #37 on: 07/26/10 09:01 AM »

Nice pics!
As I posted on the other thread, wish we could have made it to more of the events. I have a pic of the line up at Bakers that I can't seem to get loaded, too large maybe. I can email to someone if they can make it smaller and post? I think someone else got that pic anyways. Either way thanks again!
 Wave

'03 2500, Victory red, cladded, Goodmark cowl induction hood, HID low and fogs, volant CAI with powercore, red top optima, tow mirrors, mirrored amber DRL's and turn signals, "muffman" dual Magnaflow exhaust, front keys/leveling, BFG 285/75/16 TA's
Z66 BUTCH

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #38 on: 07/26/10 12:26 PM »

Nice pics!
As I posted on the other thread, wish we could have made it to more of the events. I have a pic of the line up at Bakers that I can't seem to get loaded, too large maybe. I can email to someone if they can make it smaller and post? I think someone else got that pic anyways. Either way thanks again!
 Wave

You can email it to: Butch22@Comcast.net and I will resize it and post it for 'ya.

I need to get working on my pictures now, that all need resized! We made it home this afternoon just a few min ago.

« Last Edit: 07/26/10 12:31 PM by Z66 BUTCH » Logged

Z66 BUTCH

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #39 on: 07/26/10 01:16 PM »

I got up on Saturday morning and the first thing I see is GBT's Avalanche WET!! It really had rain drops on it.....I could not find any dirt on the Black Beauty after it's 12 hour drive but it was WET so I had to post that picture!

I will work on other pictures later, it's nap time now........(I did post a couple of pictures in the thank you thread)  Thumbs up!

Trafficman
CAFCNA 2012 Premium Member

I love CAFCNA

WWW Awards
« Reply #40 on: 07/26/10 03:41 PM »

Way to go guys.  Simply awesome gtg.  Our web cast did not work out all that well either.  Only online a couple minutes and then gone.  Saturday night none of us could get online at all.  Glad ya'll enjoyed yourself.  looks like a whole buttload of fun.  love   Thumbs up!
cooncitycornflake

Awards
« Reply #41 on: 07/26/10 04:51 PM »

Perfect road trip item, worlds largest concrete gnome  15'.  We were too cheap to pay for admission so we sent in the kids with fistfulls of cameras.

State Capital building.  The grounds around the building are also worth seeing.

The expensive seats are outside.

Food drop from the group, we got the bucket half full plus a 50/50 raffle that should help with the rest of the bucket.

Snack car, mmmm ice cream sanwiches - one of us went off his diet.

cooncitycornflake

Awards
« Reply #42 on: 07/26/10 04:56 PM »

This train was waiting for us at the end of the line - with a group that had a formal meal.

Looking good.

More to come latter when I find the cord for my other camera.

Great time all - beyond expectations!!

CCCF
lurchsavalanche

Awards
« Reply #43 on: 07/26/10 05:45 PM »

I finally added most of pics to my photobucket link a few posts back from most of the activities.  Cool! Cheers!

I have some videos to add, but they aren't cooperating with photobucket at the moment.  banghead

I'm glad there were so many other cameras to capture so many different angles and photo ops....cool pictures!!
« Last Edit: 07/26/10 05:51 PM by lurchsavalanche » Logged

Z66 BUTCH

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #44 on: 07/26/10 08:54 PM »

Early morning modding, sniff I was the only one up, lol.  Doing the "energy suspension" frame mount bushings and the sway bar end links for Harly

and the all four on high and full time DRL mod

Nope, you weren't the only one up...........at least i was there before you were finished!

Z66 BUTCH

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #45 on: 07/26/10 08:58 PM »

Here are a few of the train ride......

Z66 BUTCH

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #46 on: 07/26/10 09:00 PM »

And some of our group on the steam train...............

Z66 BUTCH

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #47 on: 07/26/10 09:13 PM »

When we got to the end of the line the dinner train was waiting on a spur-off track. We pulled just past it and stopped allowning it to head back to the station. The steam locomotive that was pulling our train unhooked and used that spur-off to somehow get to the other end of our train, giving us a great view of it traveling down the tracks. When it hooked back to the train everyone flipped their seat backs over so that we set facing forward once again, very cool!

Z66 BUTCH

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #48 on: 07/26/10 09:17 PM »

Here is part of the group at the Hooters parking lot.........

Z66 BUTCH

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #49 on: 07/26/10 09:24 PM »

Here are a few random pictures, first the hotel. Some days Inns are better than others, I felt that this was one of the better ones!

Z66 BUTCH

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #50 on: 07/26/10 09:25 PM »

Did anyone notice when viewing this water tower are some angles it looked like it was leaning?

« Last Edit: 07/26/10 09:32 PM by Z66 BUTCH » Logged

Z66 BUTCH

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #51 on: 07/26/10 09:30 PM »

We ate breakfast at the Machine Shed, great food....on the way out of the parking lot we noticed these nice motorcycles.

Z66 BUTCH

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #52 on: 07/26/10 09:36 PM »

The group came through with a great food Donation and Didit collected money that I will donate to the local food bank, thanks everyone!  Wave

lurchsavalanche

Awards
« Reply #53 on: 07/27/10 03:34 AM »

We ate breakfast at the Machine Shed, great food....on the way out of the parking lot we noticed these nice motorcycles.

The bikes are one nice thing I did like about Iowa! These were at the train ride at Boone.

cooncitycornflake

Awards
« Reply #54 on: 07/27/10 03:52 PM »

Found the cord.

Hanging out on the train.

Front

Back

LakeFX

See the U.S.A. in a Chevrolet!

Awards
« Reply #55 on: 07/27/10 05:05 PM »

pics

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
LakeFX

Awards
« Reply #56 on: 07/27/10 05:07 PM »

pics

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
LakeFX

Awards
« Reply #57 on: 07/27/10 05:09 PM »

pics

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
LakeFX

Awards
« Reply #58 on: 07/27/10 05:12 PM »

pics

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Ski Edition

Sling some powder!!!

Awards
« Reply #59 on: 07/27/10 05:13 PM »

Those gnomes are too cool!!  Love the Iowa State one!   Cool!

LakeFX

Awards
« Reply #60 on: 07/27/10 05:13 PM »

pics

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: