• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Idea for GTG

fgavalanche

Just had an idea if anybody was interested. Every year there is the concords car show in Forest Grove. This may be a good time to get the group together in one of the parking lots for lunch. There are tons of mini car shows through town in just about any parking lot. Everything from hot rods, classics, trucks etc. Might be a good chance to get people to join and fun to walk around and look at allot of nice cars and trucks. The event is this Sunday so this year may not be a possibility but might be something to think of for next year.

Let me know if you think this may be a good idea and I can let everyone know when it comes up next year. I could put some events together like BBQ at the lake afterwards or something.

That sounds like great fun.  (y)
Your a hike from me but who isn't around here.
Same time next year, I'll make the trip.
I haven't been to a car show in a few years and this one has trucks...justified road trip in my book.
Gonna need a reminder though... >:D

Brian

Great, ill set a reminder for next year. below is a couple of links of the main event. it is mostly classic cars but the town is filled with all kinds. I'll try to take some pics today if i make out. Last year we went and had my mother in-law's 47 chev woodie in the show. it was just crazy how many clasics, hot rods, and trucks where just park in the lots in town and allong the streets.

http://www.forestgroveconcours.org/History.html

http://rides.webshots.com/album/564219899gNtoOn

This Sunday as in tommorow? This Sunday the 25th so it would be part of the WWAGTG?

it is today (July 18th). I just thought of it yesterday :E: so my gues it's to short notice for this year but may be somthing we could do next year or some other like event.

AyyTrainn said:
Jolt...i think i was accused of being in K-Falls...when it was actually probably u they saw.  :laugh:

And where do you keep all those cars?  :eek:

I barely have room for my 3.

Who knows, I guess I was the imposter  :laugh:  Funny though, I did however see a 2500 avy in white while I was out today At Fred Meyer, Was going to say hi, but it turned out she was way out of my league to even say hi.... Hottest blonde girl you've ever seen. haha Room for cars....most are sitting in a shop and outside on a 20 acre lot with lots of tree to hide them. haha There's about 40 projects sitting outside, and another 20 or so inside... old model A's and mustangs and such.... There is just never enough time in this life is there?

P.S. Who's up for visiting Southern Oregon? Just wondering potential interest... I'd be cool to do something while the weather is nice

I thought i was bad with project cars, and i'm always wondering what one to work on :E:, what to do ???, oh ya and with what time. don't know how you do it with many of them.

I'd be up for a trip for a trip but i'm leaving  :drive: for Bend in 3 weeks and then will be down there for 3 weeks :D, don't think i could pull two trips.

Back