Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
11/24/14 05:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WWGTG MODDING IN Des Moines  (Read 6941 times)
Ski Edition
CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member

Sling some powder!!!

Awards
« Reply #25 on: 06/30/10 03:53 PM »

Big laughter with tears you could hop a UPS plane to Des Moines, hmmmm

Would want to bring the truck and not sure if they have room.   Huh  Can't leave home without her!!   Thumbs up!

Z66 BUTCH
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #26 on: 06/30/10 04:57 PM »

OK, put me on the list!!  As far as me showing up may be a different story.  I'll talk to Mrs. Ski and maybe grovel a little and make promises I can't keep and see if I can get a little closer to being a firm attendee!!   Thumbs up!

Thumbs up! I will explain the rule about being on the list as we go along............

Ski Edition

Sling some powder!!!

Awards
« Reply #27 on: 06/30/10 05:00 PM »

Thumbs up! I will explain the rule about being on the list as we go along............

I'm sure you will Butch!!  I may make a solo run up that way.  Thumbs up!

07HrlyHlr

HE'S BACK!!!

Awards
« Reply #28 on: 07/01/10 07:30 PM »

Not going to do the under lights mod. I will wreck them 4 wheeling in the winter when I get buried!

I do want to do the headrest mod! I am searching for cheap and easy mods as we speak!

2007 Burnt Orange LT...No mods yet...

Had to sell her and some a$$hole trashed her! 2005 Z71 4x4 10 or so mods and LOTS of paint matching! Clear headlights, Harley Davidson emblems chrome Avalanche on rear and chrome tailgate handle chrome bow tie and of course You cant lose with 22's!
07HrlyHlr

HE'S BACK!!!

Awards
« Reply #29 on: 07/01/10 10:37 PM »

The question I did have was does anyone know how to hard wire a radar detector that is going to be at this GTG? Again this is th wiring stuff I am not to hot at

Had to sell her and some a$$hole trashed her! 2005 Z71 4x4 10 or so mods and LOTS of paint matching! Clear headlights, Harley Davidson emblems chrome Avalanche on rear and chrome tailgate handle chrome bow tie and of course You cant lose with 22's!
Didit

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« Reply #30 on: 07/02/10 12:35 AM »

The question I did have was does anyone know how to hard wire a radar detector that is going to be at this GTG? Again this is th wiring stuff I am not to hot at

Can do, I'll show you how I done mine while up there.

Didit

07HrlyHlr

HE'S BACK!!!

Awards
« Reply #31 on: 07/03/10 09:13 AM »

What do I need other then the detector?

Didit

Awards
« Reply #32 on: 07/03/10 09:21 AM »

depends on wether the unit is under warranty or not, if it is, then an auxillary lighter cord, if not, nothing, I would strongly suggest you put in or get an auxillary fuse box and a relay, as the wires that are in the AV are for  a specific purpose and rated so, pull to many amps off of one set of wires and you could have a melt down which is no fun at all, lol.  If your planning on adding other lights or electronic gizmos, would be a good idea.  They are about 8 bucks or so at the auto store.  I'm sure there are auto parts stores in Des Moines, lol.   This is something we can take care of there if you so desire.

Didit

07HrlyHlr

HE'S BACK!!!

Awards
« Reply #33 on: 07/03/10 09:31 AM »

depends on wether the unit is under warranty or not, if it is, then an auxillary lighter cord, if not, nothing, I would strongly suggest you put in or get an auxillary fuse box and a relay, as the wires that are in the AV are for  a specific purpose and rated so, pull to many amps off of one set of wires and you could have a melt down which is no fun at all, lol.  If your planning on adding other lights or electronic gizmos, would be a good idea.  They are about 8 bucks or so at the auto store.  I'm sure there are auto parts stores in Des Moines, lol.   This is something we can take care of there if you so desire.

Didit

No warranty to worry about! I can pick one up before or there depends on if I forget  Cheesy

Didit

Awards
« Reply #34 on: 07/03/10 12:12 PM »

I have plenty of wire to make  the hookup then, think about the auxillary fuse box and relay though.

Didit

Alaska_AV.

living the cold life

WWW Awards
« Reply #35 on: 07/03/10 01:20 PM »

Would want to bring the truck and not sure if they have room.   Huh  Can't leave home without her!!   Thumbs up!

I'm a little un clear on this?  Do you mean the Wife or Avalanche

First you'll lose your mind
and then any free cash laying around
Then mods will bloat your credit limits
You'll be like a crack addict, refinancing your home..
You'll cry yourself to sleep,stuff like, must get new rims.
Important questions like, polished or chrome. will shadow you daily

I'm Jon, and my Wife is an Avalanche widow..
Nationals 2007 and 2008 good times

http://alaskaav.mybru
Lu

Awards
« Reply #36 on: 07/03/10 07:23 PM »

Wave jon.

probably both. lol
Ski Edition

Sling some powder!!!

Awards
« Reply #37 on: 07/05/10 04:25 PM »

I'm a little un clear on this?  Do you mean the Wife or Avalanche

Meant the Avalanche, but the wife is a given!!   Thumbs up!

07HrlyHlr

HE'S BACK!!!

Awards
« Reply #38 on: 07/05/10 09:03 PM »

Am I the only one modding? If so how hard would puttng a tranny cooler on be?

Didit

Awards
« Reply #39 on: 07/06/10 12:38 AM »

they are not that hard!

Alaska_AV.

living the cold life

WWW Awards
« Reply #40 on: 07/06/10 06:13 PM »

Am I the only one modding? If so how hard would puttng a tranny cooler on be?

Is that like giving aunt bob a wine cooler?
« Last Edit: 07/07/10 01:48 AM by Alaska_AV. » Logged

First you'll lose your mind
and then any free cash laying around
Then mods will bloat your credit limits
You'll be like a crack addict, refinancing your home..
You'll cry yourself to sleep,stuff like, must get new rims.
Important questions like, polished or chrome. will shadow you daily

I'm Jon, and my Wife is an Avalanche widow..
Nationals 2007 and 2008 good times

http://alaskaav.mybru
07HrlyHlr

HE'S BACK!!!

Awards
« Reply #41 on: 07/06/10 06:54 PM »

Is that like giving aunt bob a wine cooler?

haaawhat???

07HrlyHlr

HE'S BACK!!!

Awards
« Reply #42 on: 07/08/10 08:40 AM »

I am going to open this up to people that are going to be in Des Moines first so I will not have to mess with shipping! I have a brand new chrome gas tank cover that did not look like I thought it was going to with my Harley emblems that Iw ould like to get rid of for 25$ let me know if you would like to pick it up at the GTG!

I know this is a for sale item and there is a section for that however I would like to first try and get rid of it without having to ship it!

Z66 BUTCH

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #43 on: 07/08/10 09:35 AM »

Never seen that, do you ahve a picture or a link to what it looks like?

Z66 BUTCH

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #44 on: 07/08/10 10:30 AM »

If you don't sell it before the GTG bring it with you, Didit talked about a swap meet.
« Last Edit: 07/08/10 10:05 PM by Z66 BUTCH » Logged

07HrlyHlr

HE'S BACK!!!

Awards
« Reply #45 on: 07/08/10 02:52 PM »

FIRST DIBBS....depending on the brand and picture.......

I will get a pic up tonight! It is just a reg chrome cover not the stick on one it is the while thing the real deal!

Z66 BUTCH

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #46 on: 07/08/10 08:30 PM »

I will look around and see if I have any extra parts to bring.......
« Last Edit: 07/08/10 10:06 PM by Z66 BUTCH » Logged

07HrlyHlr

HE'S BACK!!!

Awards
« Reply #47 on: 07/08/10 08:52 PM »

Let me know the brand name please....there is some real junk out there.

I dont buy junk for the record Butch!  Angry I will have a pic in the morn I do not feel like going through the basment tonight!

Z66 BUTCH

I love Dachshunds

Awards
« Reply #48 on: 07/08/10 09:07 PM »

Good luck with the sale, what else have 'ya got?
« Last Edit: 07/08/10 10:08 PM by Z66 BUTCH » Logged

07HrlyHlr

HE'S BACK!!!

Awards
« Reply #49 on: 07/08/10 09:27 PM »

Grabbed it quick so I wont forget tomorrow! Sorry I didnt shine it up lol! There are no scrapes or cuts on the outside so it will look nice! Like I said it just looked weird on my truck with the other stuff kind of stuck out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: