• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Satellite radio in 02 Avy

Chris_Z71

Ok I have been searching around here and can not really find the answer I am looking for. I have a 02 Avy with the On Start stuff on it and from what I gather that no longer works on any of the 02's? Anyways my Avy has the regular Am/FM CD player system in it and I would like to get a satellte system so I can have Xm or Sirus radio.

What am I looking for and what would I need to do to be able to get this? Will I be able to to do this with just swapping out the old radio for a newer one? Is that even possaible or so I have to just by an after market sat radio system and have it installed to be able to get this done?

NEed to buy PIE GM AUX 9 adpater (Search that on here to confirm or at a web store)
then get XM radio you like.
Then get Headphone jack (1/8") to Stereo RCA adpater cable thingy from Radio Shack
then maybe 1meter RCA cable and install.....

That is what I did.

This allows you to hit AUX button on stock radio and inpiut whatever you like thru RCA jacks

Back