Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
11/27/14 12:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Satellite radio in 02 Avy  (Read 895 times)
Chris_Z71

Awards
« on: 04/08/10 05:13 PM »

Ok I have been searching around here and can not really find the answer I am looking for. I have a 02 Avy with the On Start stuff on it and from what I gather that no longer works on any of the 02's? Anyways my Avy has the regular Am/FM CD player system in it and I would like to get a satellte system so I can have Xm or Sirus radio.

What am I looking for and what would I need to do to be able to get this? Will I be able to to do this with just swapping out the old radio for a newer one? Is that even possaible or so I have to just by an after market sat radio system and have it installed to be able to get this done?
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 04/09/10 06:19 AM »

NEed to buy PIE GM AUX 9 adpater (Search that on here to confirm or at a web store)
then get XM radio you like.
Then get Headphone jack (1/8") to Stereo RCA adpater cable thingy from Radio Shack
then maybe 1meter RCA cable and install.....

That is what I did.

This allows you to hit AUX button on stock radio and inpiut whatever you like thru RCA jacks

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: