Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
04/24/14 06:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XM won't Refresh?  (Read 1886 times)
paulsfd

Awards
« on: 03/27/10 01:17 PM »

Hey guys...new here.  Just got a 2008 Z71 with Nav (LOVE the truck so far!)  I signed up for XM and tuned to the preview channel to register the unit.  I know with my past hand-held units, this process should take all of 10-15 minutes to complete.  Well, I have tried 5 times now (both via XM refresh and on the phone with XM--whose tech support is a joke), but nothing works.  All I get are the preview channel, the emergency channel and the channel with my radios' code--the preview channel and emergency channel are loud and clear.  Each time I have had a perfectly clear shot at the sky.  I even left the truck running for an hour to see if it would work   banghead

Any ideas or is this something the dealer may be able to help with?Huh  Thanks guys!!!
old skool

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 03/27/10 02:47 PM »

Hey guys...new here.  Just got a 2008 Z71 with Nav (LOVE the truck so far!)  I signed up for XM and tuned to the preview channel to register the unit.  I know with my past hand-held units, this process should take all of 10-15 minutes to complete.  Well, I have tried 5 times now (both via XM refresh and on the phone with XM--whose tech support is a joke), but nothing works.  All I get are the preview channel, the emergency channel and the channel with my radios' code--the preview channel and emergency channel are loud and clear.  Each time I have had a perfectly clear shot at the sky.  I even left the truck running for an hour to see if it would work   banghead

Any ideas or is this something the dealer may be able to help with?Huh  Thanks guys!!!

If you are getting audio on the channels that you mentioned, it couldn't be an antenna problem...they told me it should take 20 minutes or less to get going...they also told me it had to be on the preview channel while the signal is being sent.
« Last Edit: 03/27/10 02:49 PM by old skool » Logged

Black 07 LS, Ambers, 24 inch U2-55S wheels with 305/35/24 Falken tires, TREX sports mesh grille, Chrome door handles, mirror covers and, tailgate bezel, Flowmaster 50 muffler, Billet front and rear bowtie, caliper covers, Line of fire lights, 35 watt 8K HID lows, 25 watt 8k HID fogs, K&N CAI, Pioneer HU, Kenwood 500 Watt Amp, Polk Audio Speakers, Pyle 10 inch powered sub, Boyo license plate mount back up camera, Lund bug shield, 2 in Belltech lowering springs.
paulsfd

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 03/27/10 04:04 PM »

I spent 40 minutes on the phone with XM--actually got someone with a little knowledge too.  Looks like it could be the XM receiver on the Nav unit took a dump.  Looks like a trip back to the dealer  Thumbs down
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 03/27/10 07:19 PM »

The XM receiver is a separate module , it's not part of the Nav.
paulsfd

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 03/28/10 10:13 AM »

Since its separate, would it be a good guess to say its not too hard for them to swap it out?
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 03/28/10 10:46 AM »

Nope not hard at all, they just have to program the replacement.
Flint4x4
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 03/28/10 10:59 AM »

maybe it's something stupid like they forgot to delete it from previous owner's account  Huh 

If it's already registered,... I swapped from '02 to an employee driven loaded '04 and they were confused at both OnStar & XM, both had to give me a free year but both were already on in some other guy's name. It's been 6 years now but I remember getting put on hold and transferred around until they found someone that knew what they were doing.

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education."  - Bertrand Russell
paulsfd

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 03/28/10 04:52 PM »

It's been 6 years now but I remember getting put on hold and transferred around until they found someone that knew what they were doing.
Yeah, I dealt with some real boxes of rocks at XM over this!  As a side note; my new AV was a lease return.  Well the guy who had it before me left all his info in the Nav unit i.e. Name, home address and phone #, work address and phone #.  Unreal in this day and age!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: