• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2010 Woldwide GTG-Colorado July 23-25 Suggestions

chadstr

SM 2023
SM 2022
SM 2010
THE CHEVY AVALANCHE FAN CLUB OF NORTH AMERICA
PROUDLY PRESENTS

THE 1st WORLD WIDE AVALANCHE GET TOGETHER

BE A PART OF THIS SPECTACULAR EVENT
ON THE INTERNET AND HERE IN COLORADO

Here are some ideas that we are possibly considering for our part of the World Wide GTG. I would like to get a list of peoples interested so I can go to the next step and maybe getting some discounts for larger parties.

Garden of the Gods
http://www.gardenofgods.com

Mollie Kathleen Mine (Cripple Creek)
Go down 1000 feet into an old gold mine (1 hour tour)
http://www.goldminetours.com/Home.html

Pikes Peak, (maybe the COG railway as well)Starting at the gateway at 7,400 feet to the 14,110-foot summit, from the bottom to the top, multiple scenic views of Colorful Colorado...

Attachments

• Pikespeak.jpg
    Pikespeak.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 91
Cave of the Winds
Multiple tours available. Discovery Tour (general) and the Lantern Tour (For the Brave)
http://www.caveofthewinds.com/CaveOfTheWindsTours.aspx

Manitou Springs/Old Colorado City
Lots of shops from old to new, and Manitou has an outdoor arcade with some really cool old games.

Seven Falls
Picture says it all, beautiful both day or night. Also you can hike to the top of the falls (lots of steps!)
http://www.sevenfalls.com

Attachments

• sevenfalls.jpg
    sevenfalls.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 93
Elitch Gardens (Six Flags)
Rides, water park general fun in the sun
http://www.elitchgardens.com

Attachments

• elitches.png
    elitches.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 89
Damn those all seem like good options.  My top 3 in no particular order are Pikes peak, garden of the gods and elitch gardens.

Thanks for responding....where is everybody else? This is coming up on us and we need to get some things finalized and need to know participants.

Thanks,
Chadstr

Thanks for the ideas Chad!  I've sent out emails so hopefully folks will pipe up and put in their 2 cents worth!

My schedule is totally up in the air... some weekends I have off others I end up working one or both days so I can't really plan anything certain.  As the time grows nearer I'll let you know.  If we can do a couple things in the Springs one day and maybe a couple things in Denver that'd be cool.

Grand Lake is very reasonable and has the 5 B's  (boats, bars, beer, babes and for the ladies brawn)
Plus the size of the town is small enough that 20+ avalanches will be a big deal and very impressive.

NickDago said:
What is the World Wide GTG

Check out this thread for more info...  (y)

amd1900mp said:
THE
CHEVY AVALANCHE FAN CLUB OF NORTH AMERICA
PROUDLY PRESENTS

THE 1st WORLD WIDE AVALANCHE GET TOGETHER

BE A PART OF THIS SPECTACULAR EVENT
ON THE INTERNET - AND - IN A CITY NEAR YOU

wwcagtg.jpg

1. The idea is simple. Each CC and/or Regional CC will be in charge of organizing his or her own gtg. All these gtg's will be held on the same Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This allows the opportunity for each of the CC?s or RC?s to decide which of the days work best for them. There could be bowling, picnics, bbq's, pool parties, or modding. All CC's will be involved in making this the first of its kind gtg and participate in the biggest gtg in CAFCNA history. Think of it, almost anything a CC wants to do for his area is doable. The possibilities are endless.

2. We would like to have as many gtg?s simultaneously around the world as possible. It doesn?t matter if some end up being large and small or all large or all small or any combination there in.

3. The intention is to not put restrictions on the size, location, or number of gtg's. It's all about getting as many people together worldwide on the same weekend for the same purpose.

4. Each Worldwide GTG event location will have the opportunity to feed their gtg video cast as it happens to a common site so that we can all interact with each other.

5. Think of the opportunity to see and talk with people from France, Amsterdam, Germany, the Middle East, Canada, Hawaii as well as the other 49 states all at once. I'm personally looking forward to seeing other members Avalanches. Imagine being able to see I CHNGE, SmokinAv, YGMN, Doug, SHC, and many other members at a gtg like this would be cool. Just think of all the people you know on-line but couldn't pick out of a crowd and may never meet in person.

6. Our country is pushing going green and face it, our trucks use fuel. What better way to go green and lead the way then by using our unique venue? The Internet. It's what brought us together and now we can use it in a new way. We will have the opportunity to get good positive advertising.

7. Imagine having a good reason to buy or rent a 42" LCD TV to mount in the back of your truck. The Laptop, Camcorder, or Web Cam can be stationary or mobile. You can see and ask questions of people you thought you would never be able to meet.

8. Local CC's may want to contact their local media outlets with a prepared statement promoting our site and the event. This could be the ultimate tagging event with the local media being involved as the day or weekend approaches.

9. Every gtg participating will share the same t-shirt design

10. Every gtg participating will be supporting the same charity beneficiary.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,113201.0.html

Chad, thanks for the great ideas. Pikes is always fun and I also liked the Grand Lake idea, but all seem like fun. Anyplace to drop a fishing line is always good  (y)

Lloyd

I like the idea of Grand Lake too! I'll be there around this time with my boat. Just used the last day on my ski pass this past Sunday. Summer is here!!!

i'm digging cripple creek, cave of the winds, seven falls, and any old ghost mining towns around. some off-roading coupled with touring some historic sites is always cool with me.
i'd pass on the elitch gardens gig, i hate kids  :9:
garden of the gods is hard to beat but a bunch of us in our trucks could make for some tough parking when we try to pull off and such. i've done that ride a few times with other car groups and there's always a few cars that can't fit into the parking area.
my 2 cents which probably isn't worth even that much........

Me too.....I'll pass on Elitch Gardens.  Wouldn't be crazy about Cave of The Winds but ghost mining towns, off roading......now we're talking!  (y)  Someplace to take cool pictures and see some things I've never seen before.

OOPS!  Withdraw all of that......we'll be out of town that weekend but if anyone wants to drive to Hastings, NE, we'll be there that weekend!  :D

Grand Lake works for me.  I have a wakeboarding boat I can bring along.

Don't know how I missed this thread!

A carAVan of Avs headed up Pike's Peak would be cool. GoG would be also, but as stated above... parking would be an issue. We could start early and secure parking before the crowds get there...

I'm down for any place we can hang out, get to know each other, and get some awesome photos of our Avs. With the intent it to get together locally, but be a part of the larger group, having some cool shots to represent Colorado would be fantastic!

avalanchuck said:
Thanks for the ideas Chad!  I've sent out emails so hopefully folks will pipe up and put in their 2 cents worth!

My schedule is totally up in the air... some weekends I have off others I end up working one or both days so I can't really plan anything certain.  As the time grows nearer I'll let you know.  If we can do a couple things in the Springs one day and maybe a couple things in Denver that'd be cool.

Chuck,

Didn't see any emails on the subject... my email is bobbittm@hotmail.com

Look forward to hooking up with y'all somewhere!

<Chad, I got your PM on the CO board... will give you a holler sometime soon!>

Bruizza said:
Grand Lake works for me.  I have a wakeboarding boat I can bring along.

Hey Bruizza,

What part of Colorado are u in? What lakes do you visit? I try to get my boat out every weekend. Will attempt wakeboarding with it this summer.

I dont know what my schedule yet, but I would love to attend this event.  I am not particular with the where as much as the chance to get togeher and talk about Avs and such.

Sabre, please note that there is another post in which the events, locations and times have been decided. Please check it out and post when you think you would be able to attend. Hope to see ya both again.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,119316.0.html

Chadstr

Back