• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

GM's next-generation of large SUVs reportedly due by 2013

If it's wrong wheel drive (FWD), I'm not buying it.  If it doesn't have a full frame, I'm not buying it.  If it's not an Av, I'm REALLY not buying it.

ARE YOU LISTENING GM!

Royal Vader said:
Glad to see sales are up and the product planners have finally come to their senses.   :beating:

they only put it "on hold" because gasoline prices spiked to $5 and then the credit crunch,...

GM still plans to pay back the last $4.5 million of the loan to the government in June

alot has happened in the past two years but you still can't tow near 10,000 lbs with no frame  :D 

I don't know about the areas you are living in but here in the Tacoma area there are alot more Avalanches than there are Suburbans.  Tahoes and Yukons our number the Avs but the AVs out number the burbans.  I can tell you all now that I will always drive an Avalanche, I will drive one if they are discontinued, I WILL buy another one if they are still in production.

GM Pay attention to your owners.  No other vehicle you build with the exception of the Corvette and Camaro have the following as large and as strong as the Avalanche following.  None of your trucks have a group like this one.  Your Suburban may be your longest running nameplate but its time has come.  The Tahoe/Yukon platform has evolved to a point of being the same truck.  The Avalanche is Unique, versital, functional, and above all else the truck is one of a kind.

Massey

The Suburban still has it's place with passenger/towing capacity, hopefully they'll continue the Avalanche since it's basically a modified Suburban on the same platform. They have to meet newer mpg/emissions standards. That's why we are seeing fewer engine options, it's expensive to redesign a powertrain and they've been putting more resources into smaller engines since the market for big trucks/suvs shrank.

Heh, I loved the following line:

The fact that GM SUVs are practically ubiquitous as congressional transporters probably doesn't hurt the case for revamping the full-size SUV line, either. After all, Capitol Hill has a massive stake in GM, and they might as well get some new armored Escalades for politicians publicly stumping for small, fuel-efficient cars, right?

The building next door to my office contains a Homeland Security office. Occasionally I spot multiple black Suburbans parked out front. I can't imagine seeing multiple black Acadias parked there would have the same effect.

Massey said:
I don't know about the areas you are living in but here in the Tacoma area there are alot more Avalanches than there are Suburbans.  Tahoes and Yukons our number the Avs but the AVs out number the burbans.  I can tell you all now that I will always drive an Avalanche, I will drive one if they are discontinued, I WILL buy another one if they are still in production.

GM Pay attention to your owners.  No other vehicle you build with the exception of the Corvette and Camaro have the following as large and as strong as the Avalanche following.  None of your trucks have a group like this one.  Your Suburban may be your longest running nameplate but its time has come.  The Tahoe/Yukon platform has evolved to a point of being the same truck.  The Avalanche is Unique, versital, functional, and above all else the truck is one of a kind.

Massey

Well said..I concur :B: :B:

Well there are a couple things coming down the pike and more sooner than later.

I can't find a official link I have been searching all day.

Bah, doesn't matter!  I'll be driving my 30-year-old Avalanche to the 2036 National GTG.    :D

Anybody have any new info on this front yet?  I keep surfing the web looking for updated info on a new 2013 or (GASP) the discontinuation of the AV to no avail.  I just read an article in our local (SW Florida) paper today talking about brisk national SUV sales percentages so maybe that is good news for our beloved AV?

This is a few months old [bGM Announces Big Investment In Next-Gen Small Block V-8 Engines][/b] 

Alot can change in 3 years, I think the full size SUVs are only built in Silao, MX & Arlington, TX now. The Arlington, TX plant is running two shifts 50 hrs, 59 hrs every other week. Fort Wayne, IN truck has 3 shifts and I think they are working OT too, Flint, MI truck is running two shifts 50 hrs and may have to start a third shift. I'm unsure about Silao truck and suv production, I know demand has increased this year.

Latest news said they would continue the Suburban so odds of Avalanche too look better than last year.

This gives me some hope. I've been worried lately about the future of my beloved Avalanche.

Even though I sell GMC/Chev trucks every day, there is nothing that could replace my Avalanche. I'm sure that I would buy a Crew and put a hard folding tonneau cover on it but it wouldn't be the same.

If I find out that it'll be discontinued, I'll buy a 2012. Then I'll buy an 84 month GMPP Total Plus and ride the Av until it falls apart or they bring it back.

FamilyTruckster said:
This gives me some hope. I've been worried lately about the future of my beloved Avalanche.

Even though I sell GMC/Chev trucks every day, there is nothing that could replace my Avalanche. I'm sure that I would buy a Crew and put a hard folding tonneau cover on it but it wouldn't be the same.

If I find out that it'll be discontinued, I'll buy a 2012. Then I'll buy an 84 month GMPP Total Plus and ride the Av until it falls apart or they bring it back.

I'm with you

GM announced Friday 4-27-12 that 2013 Avalanche will only offer one Vertion of the Avalanche for it's last year,  2013 Avalanche Black Diamond Edition. Can't find out alot yet, but I did send a query to GM as to when we can order ect. Will post more when I get an answer. I have had 3 Avs and currently have a 2012 on order, but may have to rethink this purchase and wait for the 13.

there will be more than one version .... there is already something posted about a $2500 discount for LS or LT models ..... so that tells me there will be more than one ....

Yeah, the Black Diamond edition will just be one version. They'll ahve others.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/13/gm-announces-end-of-chevy-avalanche-with-black-diamond-edition/

The 2013 Black Diamond Avalanche will arrive with body-color trim work, special badging, and most importantly, lower prices. LT trim now boasts a standard rear-view camera, while LS guise adds in rear park assist, power adjustable pedals, fog lights and remote start as standard gear. GM has cut the base vehicle's MSRP by $2,500, which means buyers can take one home for $35,980, excluding the $995 destination fee.

And - for the record - I'd love a diesel Chevette.

This is the conversion I just had with a chat rep at Chevy.

Welcome to Chevrolet. Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
19:42:34Mackenzie:Hello!  Thank you for contacting Chevrolet. My name is Mackenzie , how may I help you today?

19:43:19Customer:Is it true that Chevy will not be making an Avalance after 2013?

19:44:02Mackenzie:Yes, this is true. The Avalanche will be discontinued after the 2013 model year.

19:44:32Customer:I just wanted to be sure. Thank you.

I had heard that at one time they was talking about a hybrid but that got shot down.

Final run (2013 model) of the entire GMT900 platform starts any day now. Exactly when the next generation 2014 SUV begins production depends partly on how smooth the transition goes first at the pickup truck assembly plants next year.

The large SUVs almost got the axe entirely, instead production will be consolidated at Arlington TX assembly. It's a shame there will be no more AV or EXT but it could have been worse,... no Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon either.

Hi,, 2005  AV owner here,, just tried to order 2013,, dealer said all 2013 avalanches will have the black diamond badge,, also even though shows fairway metallic online fro 2013(google), (green),, its is not available to order at all ,, only white, black silver blue,, 4 colors, anyone have more info,, was very interested in fairway,, but havent seen actual color yet??  thanks for any feedback!! D

Back