• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Map Lights, Vanity Mirror Lights and Cargo Light not working

chevy_lover

SM 2007
:help:I have a 2004 Avy.  As far as I can tell, only the Map Lights, Vanity Mirror Lights and the Cargo Light are not working.  The same lights that double as map and courtsey lights work when a door opens or when you rotate the interior dimmer switch to over ride.  The puddle lights and front door lights both work when a door is opened.  I searched and could not find a topic already posted that was like this one.  That does not mean its not there.  I think I covered all the symptoms.  If anyone can help, thanks in advance. :help:

I couldn't remember. But at one time someone had shorted the map lights.
I think it's driver's IP fuse panel. Maybe the TBC1, 2 or 3 fuses.
I don't have the circuit guide with me.

I believe it's the TBC ACCY fuse.

Work (getting home late) and bad weather has delayed looking into this.  It was the TBC 2C fuse (15A).  I still might have a problem that caused it to blow.  Time will tell.  Thanks for the inputs.

Todd :cool:

chevy_lover said:
Work (getting home late) and bad weather has delayed looking into this.  It was the TBC 2C fuse (15A).  I still might have a problem that caused it to blow.  Time will tell.  Thanks for the inputs.

Todd :cool:

I seemed to work for a short while.  The TBC 2C fuse keeps blowing, but now the symptoms have changed.  All the syptoms above are working.  Now both front heated seats won"t work and the driver seat has now power control.  I have a Haynes manual, but the schematics are very basic and trouble shooting is a challenge.  Something keeps blowing the fuse.  When I replace the fuse the seats still don't work.  I there a fuse that I am not seeing to control the seats?  Don't know where to start isolating. 

I am pretty sure I have figured out what is causing the problem.  Weather cooperated today that allowed me to spen the better part of the afternoon working on the truck.  Pulled panels, checked wiring harnesses, fuses and everything in between.  Finally, I found the Seat Harness Diagram in CAFCNA Sperry Tech Center http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,46048.0.html  I verified that I had power at pin A to S.  I noticed that pin S (ground) had what appeared some charring.  Checked continuity from the front of the connector to the back.  All was good and I put it back together and everything worked.  Drove for a short trip to the store and the seat moved and the heated seats worked.  Then went out again and it was not working again.  Wiggled the connector and it started to work again.  Got to look at what is causing it to do that.  At least I know where the problem is.

Back