• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Dinner & Cruise GTG, starting at ChevyBen's in Tigard, Feb 20, 2010

JoeSpicoli

SM 2004
So Ben, Tanya, Anthony, and I had a short discussion at today's Sonic Lunch GTG about a dinner GTG before the Cabela's GTG.

Scoop:

3:30pm: Meet at Ben and Tanya's - 7210 SW Taylors Ferry Road, Tigard OR 97223
5:00pm: Old Town Pizza 226 NW Davis, Portland OR . Here's a review Old Town Pizza on Yelp.  Parking on the street, supposedly kid friendly, good for groups, no reservations.  Maybe ghosts.
Go back to Ben and Tonya's and play a Wii tournament of some sort and have some beverages

Ben and Tanya live near the Washington Square Mall.

-Joe

edit: fixed spelling error, that's odd, huh?  Updated title.
2nd edit: removed after dinner thing as Ben and Tonya have another engagement at their house that evening
3rd edit: added details, fixed Tanya's name spelling

Will this be in the Portland area?

You you change the title to follow the format laid out in the CC threads.

You know, that just so happens to be the same weekend as Laughlin.  Now I know that Laughlin in over 1000 miles away, but I actually do plan on going!  - barring anything happening that would prevent me from traveling (like getting a job, etc.).

So, would you consider doing something on another weekend?  The previous weekend, Feb 13th, in a 3 day weekend with Presidents Day on Monday, Feb 15th.  Otherwise, you are 2nd on my list of things to do that weekend.  Honest!  (y)

Yes, in the Portland area.

Ugh.  This will be for those that can't make Laughlin. ;) This date was picked actually based on the organizer's availability.  We might be able to move it, but we wanted something before the Cabela's GTG but with enough notice for people to plan.

-Joe

edit: fixed spelling error

Well, it looks like you can put me back on the list!  My daughter has her first (and only!) band concert on the night of the 18th.  Which means that I won't be able to make Laughlin.  So I'm In!

Just PM me details of when/where to meet!

:wave:
Hi To All,
New here do you meet most Saturdays I would like to meet
some people from the CAFC.
Possible going to Cabala's so I would like to start some where close.
I live in the Canby area.
JV   

:welcome:

We get together where ever we can.  Lots of people around, so we meet wherever we can.  Sometimes for coffee, sometimes for lunch, sometimes for offroading, whatever.  Hope to see you on the 20th!

Okay, so I'm in.  I've got Ben/Tonya's addy, but what time are we meeting?  Or are we meeting at somewhere else?

Post the exact details.  See you next Saturday!

It starts at my house So i am definitely in......BUT I just blew the transmission in the avy this morning( Sunday) So I will have it towed away on monday morning and tell them get it done fast so it will be ready by Saturday. I only have reverse right now. Sucks to be me!!!!
Ben

Oh no!   :E:  I hope you had some sort of warranty on it, otherwise that is going to hurt.  Sorry, man.

-Joe

ChevyBen said:
It starts at my house So i am definitely in......BUT I just blew the transmission in the avy this morning( Sunday) So I will have it towed away on monday morning and tell them get it done fast so it will be ready by Saturday. I only have reverse right now. Sucks to be me!!!!
Ben

That sucks Dude!  (n)  I worry a lot about mine because I have the anti-abuse turned off, is your setup stock?

Yeah its stock........ I just got the call, $3700 for the new transmission.!
It might not be ready on Saturday but still meet up at my house so I can be around the other Avalanches.
Do you think those meaty new tires on the back had anything to do with this?
Ben

How many mile on the old tranny and what size tires Ben? What maintenance was done to the tranny since you bought her?

Okay, On my way!

Don't worry - I'm not showing up at noon.  I've got to go up to Washougal to look at a trailer, and then I'm coming back to meet you.

Ben/Tanya,
If you need a ride, you can get it from me.  We'ld be glad to have you.

Thanks, Chris

I don't know about everyone else, but me and Tanya had fun last night!  It was great getting to see everyone again and to checkout Ben and Tanya's place.  It was a nice little cruise and dinner, as well.  My Tanya especially liked Ant's train horn antics as we were cruising.

Attached are some pics.  One is of me BS'ing Ben and Ant about something at Ben's house; Ben is calling someone that cares and Ant is about to face palm me.  J/K LOL.  Another is with us lined up shortly before leaving Ben's place.  And the other one is of a Tahoe with an Av front end that I saw on the way to the GTG!  I had heard that the Tahoes and Suburbans sold in Mexico (and Canada?) had the Av-like front end.  Me likes a LOT.  Not a bad color, either.  (y)

TTYL,

-Joe

Attachments

• Av Club Dinner and Cruise 1rs.JPG
    Av Club Dinner and Cruise 1rs.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Av Club Dinner and Cruise 5rs.JPG
    Av Club Dinner and Cruise 5rs.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Av Club Dinner and Cruise 7rs.JPG
    Av Club Dinner and Cruise 7rs.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 27
Ant-
you are withering away to nothing.  you better bring me some of that 3x Jordan gear that you don't need anymore.  I will take those warm up's off your hands.

I like that last pic, good idea having the owners next to their rigs.  (y)

First timer here.
Looking for AVY's in Portland, Salem going to Cabela's GTG.
JV

Back