• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Water pump Cost???????

runutz

Hey everyone, I am new to this site and actually glad that it exists !!!

I live in NJ and I have an 04 AVZ71  with 128,000 miles that i am happy to say I have had very few issues with .Now my water pump just went, as well as the left rear caliper is locking up intermitently.AND My Tranny is giving me codes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any idea as to what a new water pump should run me? How much should a new tranny cost?
ANY HELP OR ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

I purchased a OEM pump kit from the dealer, I believe it was $220ish range, it came with the new gaskets, water outlet, and thermostat.

I'm in Canada but up here I sell a reman from A1 for 120$CDN and a new for 300$CDN. Down there you should be able to do quite a bit better.

A1 Remanufacturing Inc also does rear calipers (rebuilts) that I would sell for $135 or so.

The actual numbers are higher that what you would expect to pay in the US. Check RockAuto down there to see what they have for the parts.

runutz said:
Hey everyone, I am new to this site and actually glad that it exists !!!

I live in NJ and I have an 04 AVZ71  with 128,000 miles that i am happy to say I have had very few issues with .Now my water pump just went, as well as the left rear caliper is locking up intermitently.AND My Tranny is giving me codes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any idea as to what a new water pump should run me? How much should a new tranny cost?
ANY HELP OR ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

I've got a brand new Bosch waterpump plus gaskets that will fit your Avalanche for $90 plus whatever Fedex charges. PM me or reply back if interested.

Getting mine replace as I type this...I will let you know how badly I get bent over. Least they are doing the labor for free.

Here is the breakdown...

New water pump $164.07
Coolant $35.24
Misc shop parts $19.60(probably for pizza at lunch) :mad:
Labor 2.2 Hrs $217.80(I didn't pay full labor charges since truck was only purchased a month ago)

Grand total $436.71

($100 an hour for labor, what the deuce?? was this heart surgery?? :E: Oh well. Its 34 degrees and snowing so I couldn't really do the repair in my drive way)

I replaced my water pump at around 95k with one from O'Reilly.  I'm at 153k now and its still doing fine  Cost of pump was around $100 plus a couple gals of antifreeze.  Went with a small time repair shop, so the labor was a lot cheaper than at the stealership....I think around $75 for labor.

:D RockAuto.com has the best prices on the pump.  Bought an AC Delco brand for $103 delivered.  They have the gasket also but when shipping is added the gasket was cheaper from auto zone. Hope this helps.

Got a new pump w/ gaskets from Napa $109. Had the time to do it myself, took 1-1/2 hrs plus a gal of antifreeze.
Done deal, must have been some air siphoning into the motor, cause when I got the new one done I seemed to have a little more Pep! (y)

Back