• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

HD silverado hood what year will fit 2004WBH?

jayheth

Hi,
I have a 2004 wbh avalanche and want to know what year HD hoods will fit with my  AVA grill without having to change out my grill also. ..
  I just want to find a HD hood that will work/fit with my stock Avalanche WBH grill anybody know what years HD(high hood) I need to look for that will fit with my stock grill.
Thanks

Aren't HD hoods the same as 1500 silverado hoods which is the same as WBH Avalanches hood.

I'm talking about the HD "HIGH HOOD" that go on alot of HD 2500 and I believe some year HD 1500 silverados..
Thats the big question cause some years would require me to have to swap out my grill too but I do know theres some years that came with the HD "HIGH HOOD" and my grill would work with those hoods just dont know what specific years..
PS: The "HIGH HD HOOD" is clearly taller/higher at the front of the hood above the grill versus the lower avalanche hoods and most 1500 siverados

Go to the "say hello for new members"thread on 2002 to 2006 zone and go to page 21 look at"quiksilver81" he has a HD high hood on his avalanche with picures..His posting is just above my posting where I said hello as I had just joined on this website..
Anyways I think he had to change the grill on his also.. I know they made them on some years HD 1500 and most year 2500HD but am lost as to what years would work with my grill..
Thought quiksilver81 hood pics would atleast show the "HIGHHOOD" on a avalanche looks good in my opinion

03 up fit, but require the grille change

Yes you are right I went out and saw one it is different. I never notice it was like that.

All you need is a hood from any 2006 or 2007 classic truck. They raised the front on those two years only. For reference here is my old 2006 Crew Cab 1500.

DSC01902.jpg

TheLlama said:
All you need is a hood from any 2006 or 2007 classic truck. They raised the front on those two years only. 

The question was partly if you have to change the grille assembly too ?

Was it 2007 classic ? I'd forgotten about what year it was but Flint Truck Assembly builds the HD crewcabs and was the last truck plant to model change to GMT900 so rather than call them a 2006 & 1/2 ... might have built only 2007 classic then switched to 2008 GMT900

If you have to change both hood & grille assembly to do it why not get the fenders too and make it a GMC avalanche ?

They didnt make a raised HD style hood from 2003-2005, so you WILL have to change the grille. Sorry, BUT it would make a nice mod and look amazing

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,112835.msg1797808.html#msg1797808

Reply #539

Back