• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Will 315's fit with leveling kit and spacer?

Todd Edge

I have a '02 2500 Avy and running 305-70-16 Nitto's with just the leveling kit and no rear spacer.  I just added a 1" rear spacer and cranked the front to again sit level.  My tires are getting a bit worn and a friend just sold his truck and saved a brand new set of 315-75-16  BFG's.  He's offered to give these to me but, I dont 'want them if I have to spend the money to install and balance them to find out that they rub horribly and end up paying to get them taken off.  I'm open to some trimming but, don't want to cut metal or hack the fenders completely.

If anyone has ever run 315's with just leveling and spacers, I'd love to know and would especially like to see some pictures.

Thanks,
Todd

Well boss, I just did a couple of tire conversions found via google (my bestest friend  :D ) and a 315/75/R16 sits at a diameter between 34 and 35".

That said, I had 35" on my truck with a 6" lift, and had rubbing issues that required lots of trimm.  I know LA had a 3" body lift on his truck with 35's and had major rubbing issues too.

I'm not sure how high you have things cranked, being a 2500 and it's all 1500 that I've seen/dealt with, but I would say for the safe side that if you arent into doing a lift or serious trimming, these may not be the best bet for you.

I went with the 305/65 and can hardly see a difference in height, sitting at almost 33" (32.7) diameter and at 12.3" wide (versus a true 12.5") I'm happy without the constant rubbing. 

AND i can tell you it's so frustrating to try backing up and having your wheels rub the fenders like they wanna rip the truck apart.

Maybe you can sell the tires and get a better fitted size for your ride?

HTH  :B:

I was at a football game and was walking through the parking lot and i saw a Z71 04 not cladded avalanche with 315-70-17 BFG AT's on it. It didn't even look like he had a body lift on it either.  I though you had to have a 3" BL to clear 295's w/o rub. I don't know how he did it or how bad it rubs.  That's kind of like putting a 35 on a 33 inch max so its got to rub some.  But i found out that he lives in my town.  So ill try and track him down and ask him about those.  Ill let you know once i do.

FYI - I found out they won't.  I put a set of 315-75-16 Toyo MT's on my stock wheels and they rubbed pretty bad.  I removed them and will save them for later.  I'm trying to decide between a body lift or an all out 6" drop kit.

Todd

Todd Edge said:
FYI - I found out they won't.  I put a set of 315-75-16 Toyo MT's on my stock wheels and they rubbed pretty bad.  I removed them and will save them for later.  I'm trying to decide between a body lift or an all out 6" drop kit.

Todd

ok well i still want to ask him because his looked boss and im trying to find out what year his is too

Spacers will only make it worse.  Any more offset on the wheels will push the tires out and when turning, make the tires come in contact even worse than they do with the stock wheels.

Todd

Todd....I know this is an old post and all and I see u now have a susp lift but i was wondering when you just had a key lift  did the 305/70's rub at all? I'm trying to decide between those and the 285/75 and am only going to use a key lift for now. Thanks!

The 305-70-16's did not rub at all with the keys installed.  This was on factory wheels.  If you run aftermarket wheels with more offset, you might rub.

Todd

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if a set of 305/65/17 on stock rims will fit on a 2002 1500 with a 2" rear spacer lift and 2" torsion lift. I can run 285/70/17's without rubbing. I figure I have about 1/2 to 5/8 of clearance when the tire is cranked side to side.

Thanks

Back