• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Best way Wiring a aftermarket amp into Bose and Stock HU?

Codysown

Its been a while since I have posted here, as most of the information that I need I find by searching and anything I want to do has already been tried.

I am going to finally add a 12" sub and amp to the factory Bose system.  I don't want to change any of the stock setup, I just want to add a little more down range punch.

I have an old amp that I am going to use that works good and is in good shape, it will be bridged into a SVC 12" 4 ohm Alpine sub.  That's the simple part.

I am going to mount the Amp under the rear seat and run the main power wire from the battery.

Where can I get a remote wire and is there a place I can plug in coaxial cable or do I need to pull off of a high input and run that to a converter?

I am looking to keep this as simple as possible, as I would like to be able to just pull the sub box out and and have the full functionality of the folding seats.

In the 4 years that I have owned my Av, I bet I have only used the fold down midgate and folded up the seats maybe half a dozen times and in those instances I would be able to just pull the sub from the middle by the console and set it elsewhere.  I am just looking for the simplest way to do this.

I did have some experience with installs back in the early 90's, however I have been out of that game for over a decade. 

I appreciate that advice in advance, and have used many of the ideas and gained a lot from this forum in the past.

Cody

Not sure if this is the same for all years, but HERE is how I hooked up my sup to the factory Bose amp before I got an aftermarket Nav unit.

I never found the remote power for the amp, to turn in on with the radio.  However I have seen may posts that talk about the that power, I just forget the acronym for it.

Back