• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2010 Worldwide GTG - Region III Comments

pktwatch

SM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2004
SM 2003

Lets talk over some ideas for GTG's that can be a part of the World Wide Avalanche GTG in 2010 in this thread.​

I have no agenda for this and am open to all ideas, it is up to the members and Coordinators of Region III what we do for the 2010 World Wide Avalanche GTG, we could do several GTG's in different states or try for one large one or a combonation of both. If we decide to hold a large event and some members cannot make it to the GTG (Remember Region III covers several large states) then feel free to start your own GTG and still be a part of the 2010 World Wide Avalanche GTG.

This thread is only for ideas and the preliminary discussions of events, when you feel that it is time to start your own thread please do so.

Butch

Shopolot and I have some ideas we are kicking around.
We will post up more info later when we get things hashed out!!!  (y)

I like the Mackinaw Island idea, but it's kind of out of the way for most folks.

MS03 2500 said:
I like the Mackinaw Island idea, but it's kind of out of the way for most folks.

The one main problem with that is you will never get the avys to the island.

Has anyone ever checked to see if we could get on the track at Michigan International Speedway? I know that we checked here for the Indianapolis Moter Speedway one time and the cost was WAY to high. We would have been required to hold a million dollar ins. bond and pay for track services and clean up etc.

Speedway GTG's have been done in the past and were always popular, I feel it would make a good focal point for a GTG..........just a thought.

I changed the Subject line to reflect what we are doing.......

The last time I checked MIS they would not let us on the track, but that was 2 years ago.

MS03 2500 said:
The last time I checked MIS they would not let us on the track, but that was 2 years ago.

No they will not but maybe with a little help from GM they might!!??

Z66 BUTCH said:
Has anyone ever checked to see if we could get on the track at Michigan International Speedway? I know that we checked here for the Indianapolis Moter Speedway one time and the cost was WAY to high. We would have been required to hold a million dollar ins. bond and pay for track services and clean up etc.

Speedway GTG's have been done in the past and were always popular, I feel it would make a good focal point for a GTG..........just a thought.

Yup, and the Michigan track is booked that weekend..... :cool:

trAVelingman said:
Yup, and the Michigan track is booked that weekend..... :cool:

Hmmm, this is what I was told........

MS03 2500 said:

:cool:

BigC Mich said:
No they will not but maybe with a little help from GM they might!!??

Sounds like a good idea

Well if Alaska AV and Shels will be there I think I'll be there if the location is OK

Biggie said:
i love the mack island idea. gone there many times and am willing to help with anything if that is an option

I did not get much interest here, but I still plan on going up with a couple of folks June 11-12 here is a link.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,116074.0.html

Back