• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

NAPA air filter

bamabucket

I am going to try a NAPA gold air filter in my 05 1500.  They offer a heavy-duty and a light-duty and I'm not sure which one to get.  I would assume the heavy-duty is better and it only costs about $1.50 more,  but I don't know if it would fit.  I thought I saw a post in an old thread about this, but I can't find it.  How can I check to find out which is the right one?

bamabucket said:
I am going to try a NAPA gold air filter in my 05 1500.  They offer a heavy-duty and a light-duty and I'm not sure which one to get.  I would assume the heavy-duty is better and it only costs about $1.50 more,  but I don't know if it would fit.  I thought I saw a post in an old thread about this, but I can't find it.  How can I check to find out which is the right one?

Either or. They only differ by a couple of mm in length. Everything else is the pretty much the same dimensions. Before I went to an aftermarket CAI, I always just bought the cheapest NAPA gold air filter. Works fine. You can even blow it out a couple of times before absolutely having to replace it.

Thanks ramonday.  I thought it probably was no big deal but I just wanted to be sure and it is good to hear from someone who has some experience with that filter.

I know very old thread but I'm bringing it alive does anybody know if the Napa gold filter is the same as the wix filter.
the wix filter I just got seams very restrictive compaired to the A/C delco.
Says 320cfm dont know if thats good of bad flow forvour 5.3

Back