• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Turn signal problem

mantisgt

Can anyone help please?

When I indicate right the truck dose 3 normal flashes then flashes quickly. Sometimes if you use the power fold function it works fine for 1 or 2 times than the fault returns. All the bulbs are working correctly.

Thanks
Ian

If your using LED bulbs, that would explain the hyper flash.

If not, I'd start by checking the flasher, and wires for a short.

:dunno:

mantisgt said:
Can anyone help please?

When I indicate right the truck dose 3 normal flashes then flashes quickly. Sometimes if you use the power fold function it works fine for 1 or 2 times than the fault returns. All the bulbs are working correctly.

Thanks
Ian

so yeah, modded turn sigs or stock?

mantisgt said:
I have power fold and indicators in the glass

??? what exactly is "power fold"

Are you using the lane change feature (a quick blip of the turn signal that gives 3 blinks)?  I had a car that gave me fits when I would accidentally activate that feature and then try to put my regular turn signal on.

Why are you using the power fold mirrors when turning?

I guess I'll chime in here. If I understand correctly, after you cycle your power fold mirror a few times, the blinkers work normal? Sounds like you've got some wiring issues in there. I would start with the connections inside the doors going to the mirrors. You'll have to pull the panels off to get to it. It also could be a wire going to the mirror itself from inside the door panel starting to break.

Check for bad bulb as well

i have this exact problem!  its super irritating

I will activate my indicator and it will blink normally a few times then it will start blinking at a significantly faster rate (twice as fast?) for no reason.  I also have the power folding mirrors and glass indicator.  I have not experienced it in a few months though... but then again, I stopped using them because it was so agitating.  i'll start using em again and see if cycling the auto folding works.

Had this issue this past weekend. Turned out to be a dead rear left turn signal bulb. Was doing it randomly and then I guess once it was completely dead it always was blinking fast. Replaced the bulb and the hyper blinker went away.

Back