• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Announcing "The 1st Worldwide CAFCNA GTG!" July 23rd - 25th, 2010

amd1900mp

Silent Avalanche RIP
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
THE
CHEVY AVALANCHE FAN CLUB OF NORTH AMERICA
PROUDLY PRESENTS

THE 1st WORLD WIDE AVALANCHE GET TOGETHER

BE A PART OF THIS SPECTACULAR EVENT
ON THE INTERNET - AND - IN A CITY NEAR YOU

wwcagtg.jpg

1. The idea is simple. Each CC and/or Regional CC will be in charge of organizing his or her own gtg. All these gtg's will be held on the same Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This allows the opportunity for each of the CC?s or RC?s to decide which of the days work best for them. There could be bowling, picnics, bbq's, pool parties, or modding. All CC's will be involved in making this the first of its kind gtg and participate in the biggest gtg in CAFCNA history. Think of it, almost anything a CC wants to do for his area is doable. The possibilities are endless.

2. We would like to have as many gtg?s simultaneously around the world as possible. It doesn?t matter if some end up being large and small or all large or all small or any combination there in.

3. The intention is to not put restrictions on the size, location, or number of gtg's. It's all about getting as many people together worldwide on the same weekend for the same purpose.

4. Each Worldwide GTG event location will have the opportunity to feed their gtg video cast as it happens to a common site so that we can all interact with each other.

5. Think of the opportunity to see and talk with people from France, Amsterdam, Germany, the Middle East, Canada, Hawaii as well as the other 49 states all at once. I'm personally looking forward to seeing other members Avalanches. Imagine being able to see I CHNGE, SmokinAv, YGMN, Doug, SHC, and many other members at a gtg like this would be cool. Just think of all the people you know on-line but couldn't pick out of a crowd and may never meet in person.

6. Our country is pushing going green and face it, our trucks use fuel. What better way to go green and lead the way then by using our unique venue? The Internet. It's what brought us together and now we can use it in a new way. We will have the opportunity to get good positive advertising.

7. Imagine having a good reason to buy or rent a 42" LCD TV to mount in the back of your truck. The Laptop, Camcorder, or Web Cam can be stationary or mobile. You can see and ask questions of people you thought you would never be able to meet.

8. Local CC's may want to contact their local media outlets with a prepared statement promoting our site and the event. This could be the ultimate tagging event with the local media being involved as the day or weekend approaches.

9. Every gtg participating will share the same t-shirt design

10. Every gtg participating will be supporting the same charity beneficiary.

8. Local CC's may want to contact their local media outlets with a prepared statement promoting our site and the event. This could be the ultimate tagging event with the local media being involved as the day or weekend approaches.

Do we have a standard form letter available yet, so that each region can taylor it to meet their needs?

Interesting idea :0:

Z66Modder said:
Do we have a standard form letter available yet, so that each region can taylor it to meet their needs?

It's not available yet.

Guess I should have read this thread first as I mentioned basically what was written here in a different thread.  Guess I'm a slow learner.

Tango Chaser said:
I guess it's how I read it.

1 Large GTG (larger the better) on the dates provided
AND
For those in other areas too far to attend, hold smaller GTG's during the same time frame.

THEN

webcast all events in real time.  Even make some of the events during the GTG's inter-active with one another.

???

I like this idea, I think it will be great with the webcast.  (y)

Yeah you may need a internet hot spot, but sprint sells them it is so small it fits in your pocket. (y)

MS03 2500 said:
Yeah you may need a internet hot spot, but sprint sells them it is so small it fits in your pocket. (y)

yeah, I think that's going to be the biggest problem - finding an internet connection in the middle of a GTG...  I'm sure no one wants to see everyone else sitting down at a Starbucks, sipping coffee!

We'd rather see people at a GTG, doing some modding, blasting train horns at pedestrians, etc...  :laugh:

Troublemaker said:
yeah, I think that's going to be the biggest problem - finding an internet connection in the middle of a GTG...  I'm sure no one wants to see everyone else sitting down at a Starbucks, sipping coffee!

We'd rather see people at a GTG, doing some modding, blasting train horns at pedestrians, etc...   :laugh:

No problem the hot spot fits in your pocket, it's cellular you can drive with it and attach a laptop to it with a webcam. BTW over a 3G network

MS03 2500 said:
No problem the hot spot fits in your pocket, it's cellular you can drive with it and attach a laptop to it with a webcam. BTW over a 3G network

I'd still rather blast train horns at pedestrians...  >:D

But I don't know if a 3G connection is fast enough to view "live" video, especially since the upload speed is much slower than the download speed.

If we could find a way to tap into a WIFI hotspot, we may get better video quality.

Troublemaker said:
I'd still rather blast train horns at pedestrians...  >:D

But I don't know if a 3G connection is fast enough to view "live" video, especially since the upload speed is much slower than the download speed.

If we could find a way to tap into a WIFI hotspot, we may get better video quality.

Trust me it will stream. I have built internet sites for 31 years. But I don't know my butt from a hole in the ground.

(y)
The good thing about this is if you only have a couple of days off work you could attend a National Event near your home. If you want to make a vacation of it or want to meet other members that you have talked with here on the site you can find a National GTG further away. So many choices, what to do, what to do...............I can't wait for the instructions on how to get the internet part of this working, it will be cool.

Troublemaker said:

We'd rather see people at a GTG, doing some modding, blasting train horns at pedestrians, etc...   :laugh:

Hooters has free wireless!  :cheers:

Z66Modder said:
Hooters has free wireless!  :cheers:

They do?  I never noticed  :laugh:

But looking for ideas on how to webcast our GTG.  We'll have to try the 3G method on my laptop and iphone. :rolleyes:  Otherwise, I guess I'll have to scout the potential GTG locations.

Looking forward to this global event!  (y)

RoarinRow said:
They do?  I never noticed   :laugh:

But looking for ideas on how to webcast our GTG.  We'll have to try the 3G method on my laptop and iphone. :rolleyes:  Otherwise, I guess I'll have to scout the potential GTG locations.

Looking forward to this global event!   (y)

They hide the antenna's pretty well, don't they?    :laugh:

MS03 2500 said:
And who will be paying for  them? The coordinators?

Most wifi hot spots are slower than the 3g device you can carry around in your pocket. Tap into one sometime and go to Mobilespeedtest.com. I've got some contacts at ATT that could arrange for some fiber but it won't be cheap.

Good luck with your endeavors on this. Sounds like a great plan.

Troublemaker said:
They hide the antenna's pretty well, don't they?    :laugh:

And we don't mind looking for them anyways!  >:D   

Back