• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Red Rocks to Bear Creek - Summer BBQ & Picnic GTG

avalanchuck

SM 2007
Who: Colorado Av Club

What: BBQ & Picnic GTG

Where: Let's meet at Red Rocks for an Av line up and photo session & then we can cruise on up Highway 74 West of Morrison to one of the parks along Bear Creek for the bbq & picnic.

When: Saturday August 15, 2009 at high noon

Why: Hey its been too long since our last gtg!

What to bring: I've got a couple of small table top propane grills I can bring so if any of you can bring a small grill or two to share cooking duties that would be great.  Everyone should plan to bring their choice of meat to grill and a side dish or a dessert you can share with everybody.  Be sure post to this thread what you plan to bring to share so we all don't bring potato salad or cookies.  Not that there's anything wrong with lots of cookies!

Be sure keep checking this thread for updates.

http://www.coloradoavclub.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=286

I think me and mine will be down for that. We can bring our meat and a tossed salad. We like ranch dressing, I can bring some Italian dressing as well. And a case of some mountain dew. I had a little propane grill around here somewhere I will dig out and I have a 1st up canopy I could bring in case weather looks a little wet. Also I can get/borrow a table Im sure.

Chadstr

Ouch,

Tina (Sooner Red Av) and I will be doing my daughters birthday on the 15th (she'll be 13).  :(  :cry:  :needhug:

You could all come down to the lake and party with Kate, but I don't think you'll care for the music (any Hannah Montana fans?!)  :laugh:

-sabre

I am most likely out on this one.  I have to use the avy to tow the boat to the lake.

I would love to do this, but I have not been on the site for awhile :mad: and I just found the email yesterday :E:.  I have to much to do this weekend.  I will go on the next one.  I promise to check the site and my email more often.

Later,

JOHN

my wife and i are looking forward to today's gtg. it's been a while since i've seen some of you and we're glad to have an excuse to enjoy this global warming.
see you at red rocks at noon!

oops...
meant to also say that we're probably bringing some kind of appetizer. i'm thinking quesadillas but we'll see what's in the pantry!

beercrazy will be there for the pics, but cant stay for the BBQ, its his brothers B day. We will see ya at noon

Good time everyone, Tom great to meet you and your wife. Look forward to the next GTG. Here are some pics Alison took.

Attachments

• redrocks.jpg
    redrocks.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 41
  • linupbacksmall.jpg
    linupbacksmall.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 41
  • lineupfrntsmall.jpg
    lineupfrntsmall.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 41
more:

Attachments

• trailnntherain.jpg
    trailnntherain.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 41
  • trailntherain.jpg
    trailntherain.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 41
  • trailn3.jpg
    trailn3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 41
hey guys,
i wanted to offer a belated thanks for chuck and nicole for setting up the gtg. after seeing/meeting you great folks and your trucks, you got me jonesin' about fixing mine up.
i went home and ordered the refinish restorer for my cladding. applied 2 coats yesterday and that stuff looks great. the cladding looks new again.
i look forward to making the springs mod event,
thanks again.

Back