• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

STI VI - Bull Run Tybee Island

Hug_R_Av

PM 2017
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2004
We know after watching Bull Run this year so many members wanted a chance to participate in the event.. 
Well here is your chance to take part in a BULL RUN.. 
The only thing different will be STI STYLE in the Savannah Tybee Island area..

You and a navigator will drive a specific route that will be provided to you.  DON'T SPEED!  This is not about getting from Start to Finish in the fastest time.  What you want to do is drive the route in a time as close to the Reference Time (Time driving the legal speed over the exact route) as possible. 

But it's not that simple.  There will be several Check Points along the route.  At each one there will be a challenge.

AN AVALANCHE MUST BE DRIVEN FOR THE CONTEST NO EXCEPTIONS

THE DETAILS ARE:

When:  Friday October 23rd Starting at 12 noon running until 4pm
Staging to start at 11:30am

Where:   Starting line will be the Hotel Parking Lot

Prizes:   To be Determined soon

Contest details to be given the DAY of the event..

The winner will be the team that comes closest to the Reference Time after all bonuses and penalties are assessed.

Are YOU ready for Bull Run Tybee Island?

Have gotten a few phone calls, PMs over the last several days...  Some just some more info to help  clear things up for those that haven't ever seen Bull Run..
We will basically be driving a set course through the streets of Tybee and Savannah.  The course will be driven by 2 separate members of the Bull Run Team to determine the target time of the event.  The team that gets the closet to the time will win the race.  Get to the finish line too fast or too slow you will be penalized accordingly, getting there too fast will incur a larger penalty.
A map of the course will be provided to the runners, there will be several check points along the way in which the Driver or Navigator will have to perform a challenge.  These challenges will either increase or decrease depending on your time, or ability to complete the challenge.  The quicker you finish the check point challenges the more bonus time you will receive.

Prizes will be announced in the coming weeks..

Post here if you want to enter.  Tell us who your navigator is, and your team name.

TEAMS:
TO BE ANNOUNCED.... 

Hugs you are the MAN! I have been wactchin whats goin on w/ this GTG and you guys are havin it.
Talked to SHEL's a little last week in MI & also w/ the wife about doin theis one instead of Mexico for our Anniversary that month.
If you guys keep comin up with sweet Ideas I may have to demand this one (y)

since an Av has to be driven, I guess that leaves the fans of the "fan club" out as drivers. :E:

grnxnam said:
since an Av has to be driven, I guess that leaves the fans of the "fan club" out as drivers. :E:
no I am sure someone would let you drive theirs..  When you show up you will understand as its Avalanche related as all the check points you will need an Avalanche

Sound interesting. I need a navigator... :E:

desirehrdwd said:
Hugs you are the MAN! I have been wactchin whats goin on w/ this GTG and you guys are havin it.
Talked to SHEL's a little last week in MI & also w/ the wife about doin theis one instead of Mexico for our Anniversary that month.
If you guys keep comin up with sweet Ideas I may have to demand this one (y)
Keep watching the boards..  More is coming soon..!!!!!

Intimidatoruag said:
I need one too ....  :E:

We can flip a coin to see who drives their Av and who navigates.....

Intimidatoruag said:
ok ... sounds like a plan ....  (y) ... I love it when a plan comes together ....  >:D :cool:

Sounds good to me.

Hugz - sign us up. You can put down Intimidatoruag as the driver for now and me as the Nav. If things change after the coin toss it will be no biggie. Team name - "The Intimidators"  >:D :p

Whichever of you lost can now let B drive your Av, so everybody wins!  Well, you guys anc B anyway.

AVnFun said:
I knew I should have watched Bull Run. The only thing I know is people where racing around for something  :E:
You can see the episodes on the net if you want..  lol
Trust me it will be tons of FUN..!!!!!

No 'Hoe?  :needhug:

I think I can find someone to allow me to navigate...  :D

Willyorca said:
No 'Hoe?   :needhug:

Brenda, you could certainly be my navigator and maybe Byron could navigate for Intimidatoruag  :love: :B:

K-9 kennellanche said:
i'll navigate or drive...i need a team mate too
I am sure before too long that we can find someone to be a team mate

Willyorca said:
No 'Hoe?   :needhug:

yeppers no Hoe..  Sorry..    And I am sure you can nav for someone

AVnFun said:
I knew I should have watched Bull Run. The only thing I know is people where racing around for something  :E:
Isn't that event that a bunch of people are being chased by a bunch of  bulls?  They'll trample my fat ass....

02 Z71 said:
Brenda, you could certainly be my navigator and maybe Byron could navigate for Intimidatoruag  :love: :B:
That so nice of you!  :love:  I think it's already covered though--but thank you so much for the thought!!! 

Willyorca said:
That so nice of you!  :love:   I think it's already covered though--but thank you so much for the thought!!! 

:cool: :love:

Back