• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Bad BOSE Amp 2004

dbros

Left the sunroof open on my 2004 with Bose system, and of course it rained. I know only have one speaker functioning. Can I replace my amp, can I go after market, or do I need to go back to GM to get one?

Thanks,

Dennis

Yes you can replace it and it does not have to be an OEM Bose from dealer...if you go aftermarket you'll need adapter/s

Here is a good place to find them...

http://www.pac-audio.com/

:welcome: to the club Dbros you must have had a lot of rain to get to the AMP it is buried in the console. Check in  the under hood fuse box for a fuse labelled AMP and see if the fuse in blown.

Thanks I will check the fuse. And oh ya - it was a lot of rain overnight, the type of rain that wakes you up in the middle of the night.

Probably stick with the factory setup, unless its cheaper going after market, not a big stereo buff and was pretty happy with the system, but I miss it!

My amp in my 2004 went out about a year ago. Does anyone know the part number or recommend another amp I can replace it with or can direct me in the right direction? Don't want to pay the dealership the $700 they quoted me to fix and don't know too much about this but MISS MY MUSIC!

Thanks, now I just need to find the exact part number of mine to replace.  Do you have to use the exact one?

If you go to the gm site I gave you,email them. They will want your VIN number. Then they will respond with the part number for your vehicle.

They replied with the same part number 15267751.  So once you replaced the amp everything was good?  Did you remove the console or go through the back?

Yes works great now!  Definitely cheaper than what the dealer quoted me.  I went in through the console. Had to to get to the amp and unscrew everything. Then slid it in from the back. 

Got the new amp off Amazon for $207.  Removed rear console and center console door.  Replaced amp in about 30 minutes.  Works great and now I have back speakers again too.  Thanks everyone for the help.

Thanks for this post... I too  (y) 2004 avalanche/ Left the sunroof open/thunderstorm over night/ open the door and relize i left the sunroof open.
we got at least an inch of rain. The rear speakers were humming and cracking.  the rear stereo was all gibberish across the screen. I pulled the stereo fuse.  shop vac and fans to dry it out. 3 speakers were out.  passenger front was working but then quit. All the fuses are good.
Looks like i need an Amp.

Ok im at the amp.  I tested the Orange power wire. Im getting power. How do I know if its a bad amp. Where else should i test for voltage?  Do I need to take apart the door and see if im getting power to the speaker?

If your getting power to the amp chances are its the amp or your deck also got wet and it dead (much less likely).

Try the wet cell phone trick. Pull the amp, put it in a big bag of rice for a few days and see if it pulls all the moisture out. Seal the bag up real good. I always doubted this until my stepson dropped his phone in a creek and did it. His phone started working again after a day in the bag.

I found out you can put bleech on those wetness indicators in your cell phone and turn them white again so that the phone company will replace your phone.  If they see red they know you got it wet and your out of waranty. 
It would be nice if i could just dry it out.  I have it sitting infront of a hair dryer, I will try it out in an hour and let you know if it worked.

Also to remove it was easy.  took the cup holder out.  took out strage bucket. opened back of console. got the amp bolts out, bent down the metal tabs pulled it out.
Here is a short cut.
Amp has 4 bolts. 2 in the back are exposed, easy to get to. The silvar metal bracket over the Amplifier, hidding the front 2 bolts.... Drill 2 holes thru, over the bolts so you can access /put a driver and socket thru the holes. Saves about 3 hours.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Discuss:How_do_you_remove_a_bose_amp_from_a_chevrolet_silverado#ixzz1MFpz6lnZ

My research says my amp was problematic and to replace my amp with  part # 15267751.  Was there a recall? I probably already know the answer (NO) Has gm replace a known problematic amp not under warranty.

Is there a mod I can do to prevent my new amp from getting wet if I accidentally leave the sunroof open again.  The Diabolical sob engineers made a hole in that metal bracket that channels water right on top of the amp. ???

Do the Bose amps need to be programmed ? Got a used one from a truck yesterday
Pulled it in and nothing ? Put my old one back in and everything works! I didn't leave
My sunroof open! I have feedback through my speakers so wanna replace it for that ?

Kevinka said:
Do the Bose amps need to be programmed ? Got a used one from a truck yesterday
Pulled it in and nothing ? Put my old one back in and everything works! I didn't leave
My sunroof open! I have feedback through my speakers so wanna replace it for that ?
Nope.

Back