• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Rear Door Lock Relay

durell81

Does any one know what the replacement relay part number is for the rear door lock relay. I have searched the forum and notice that people have replaced this relay when having issues with the rear door locks. No one has mention what the part number was they used for the replacement.

I have a 2003 Avy WBH. The part number for the bad relay I took out is Delphi 15328867. I have tried to find this online and was unsuccessful. My dealer wants $41 for the part I feel it will be much cheaper online. After I could not find it I call the dealer back and ask for the part number that shows in the system. He gives me a different part number than the one that is on the relay I took out. He says the part number is 19115082.

I can find the relay with the part number 19115082 online. But there are no pictures of it. I want to be sure that I am buying the right thing. Can somebody confirm if part number 19115082 is the replacement part for the Delphi 15328867 relay.

Check at www.gmpartsdirect.com

Thanks for the reply. I checked gmpartsdirect and I checked rock auto. It doesn't find the Delphi part number but it does find the 19115082 part number. Neither site has a picture. I just want to be sure I am getting the right part.

I wanted to offer an update to this as I just went through this issue on my '03 WBH Z71.

Original relay was # 15328867

All the info on this site pointed me to the replacement relay #1911-5082.  Went to the dealer and they are now saying that it has been replaced again and the new relay is #1911-6058.

I bought a new one to replace the bad relay that was causing my rear door locks to be inoperable, and viola........no change.  I thought maybe they sold me the wrong relay.  I could still swap the relays around and reverse the problem so I knew my old original relay was still working.  I went in and bought another of the 1911-6058's  to see if there was a chance that I got a bad one.    Again, no change.    It was then that I discovered I had to put both new relay's in to make it work.  So....long story short.....if you have this issue with locking or unlocking and you need a new relay.  Make sure and buy two.  They new ones will not work with the old originals.

how do you get these relays out?  I have a bad one, all I have to do is tap on it gently and then the doors will lock correctly for a few days before I have to tap it again.  I tugged on the relays pretty good but neither will budge.  Is there a trick to getting them out?

Just bought new relays...rear locks still will not power  ???lock or unlock... Is ther a fuse that supplies power to the relays? Where is it?  2004 avalanche z71

I developed the same issue last week. My rear doors would unlock, but they wouldn't lock (except if you locked them manually). I put new relays in today. Problem solved.

Back