• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Next GTG???

avalanchuck

SM 2007
Well I contacted chadstr about having another GTG in Castle Rock this weekend but realized that it was Father's Day Weekend.  :rolleyes:

I know lots of folks are interested in the RR for Cladding. 

Have many of you done this yet or has all the rain delayed your attempts so far? 

Does anyone have a location in mind to do this? 

I have a couple of canopies that I can bring to keep folks out of the sun while they apply the RR.  If we get a place to do it and bring a grill we can do hamburgers & hotdogs.

This sounds like a great plan.  Unfortunately I don't know of a place to do this but I would love to attend!

I've done the RR already.  Not sure where would be a good place ot do it either.  Having done it once, it is a fairly long process to do it right, and you don't want to be driving the vehicle around until it has set.  Therefore, I recommend it as a DIY at home type of job.

Before I did it, I thought it would be a great GTG idea, but not anymore.

The problem with the RR is that it has a tack time, so it is a little sticky. I just did the sail panels and the covers.  It did not take too long and only added minimal chemical smell to the garage (my sons hockey bag masked it well...).  It seems the second coat that sets on top stays tacky a little longer though.  I would love to see you all at a GTG, but I think our next three weekends are booked including the holiday for the 4th...

--Mike

as summer goes, so does the weekends fast. the 27th of this month, fourth of July, 10th and 11th supposed to go the the pikes peak rodeo for the first time, and hopefully camping on the 17th. two weeks ago all but one of these was open. Isnt summer crazy.

Back