• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

"XM Error" on display?!?

funk_drum

I have Bose, XM, On-Star and NAV.  Yesterday I was listening to my iPod that playes through XM1 on my HU through the NEO iPod adapter.  Shut off truck for 5 minutes, turned it on again and saw, "XM error" on the display and it switched to FM1.  I cycled through the bands again to XM1, got the "XM error" on the display again.  It switched to FM1.  I did it a third time.  Now when I cycle through the bands XM isn't an option.  Just FM1, FM2 and AM.

What just happened?

I don't have XM, but when I added an aux input for my DVD stuff, it started letting this error display on occasion when operating on RAP.

Worth ignoring, IMO

I don't mind ignoring, but I can't get to the XM inputs and I need them to play my iPod.

funk_drum said:
I don't mind ignoring, but I can't get to the XM inputs and I need them to play my iPod.

I am not certain that it will work, but it is worth a shot.  Try removing the fuse to the head unit for about 30 seconds and reinstalling.  You will probably lose all of your presets and favorites, but it may very well reset everything to default settings and regain your XM band.

trAVelingman said:
I am not certain that it will work, but it is worth a shot.  Try removing the fuse to the head unit for about 30 seconds and reinstalling.  You will probably lose all of your presets and favorites, but it may very well reset everything to default settings and regain your XM band.

You are the FRIGGEN MAN!!  That worked!  Once I found the right fuse...scheesh!  Is it to much to ask for the radio fuse to be marked "radio"?  Best of all I didn't loose my presets.

THANKS!

It did it again.  I think I know the reason.  I have a Neo iPod adapter.  It has an aux out that I configured on the box to use so I could use my iPhone and my iPod.  But ever since I configured it (through dip switches) to use the aux, it jackes up my XM.  So I'll swicth it back and see if there are and problems.  Stay tuned.

Back