• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Where is the cigarette lighter fuse in a avalanche pickup???

It is in the underhood fuse box, there is a diagram on the underside of the lid. Not sure which one it is I replaced mine but I cant remember.

i have one lighter working, and the other not...could this be a fuse? or are they both wired separatly???

there is a cigarette lighter and 2 12 volt jacks in my av.  They jacks are not on the same circuit as the lighter (different fuse at least).

i'm not sure what the difference is. but i have 3 total in my truck.  the first two are under the radio, on the lower dash pannel, one to the right and the other to the left. and the 3rd is in the center consol, in the back for the back seat occupants. its right under the back seat rear audio controls.  the one thats out on mine, is the one under the radio, to the left.

AtabeyK said:
i'm not sure what the difference is. but i have 3 total in my truck.  the first two are under the radio, on the lower dash pannel, one to the right and the other to the left. and the 3rd is in the center consol, in the back for the back seat occupants. its right under the back seat rear audio controls.  the one thats out on mine, is the one under the radio, to the left.

All 3 of those outlets are wired serperate, te two up front are under the hood and the outlet for the back seats in the drivers side fuse box. There are two under the hood

15A cig ltr
20A aux pwr

and the one in the drivers side fuseebox

15A aux pwr 2

Hey Austen, did you have to change the fuse too? Did you drop your knowledge here to help the next guy/gal stuck with the same issue?

I was just curious why the post was resurrected after 11 years. Regardless, welcome and congrats on your first post!

Back