• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Where can I find Bose Speaker replacements?

Plunk

I've got an '05 with a factory Bose sound system.  My passenger side rear door speaker is partially blown and rattling.  I'm looking for a good place to get a replacement.  I've found a few used ones on Ebay.  Is there a reliable place online to get a new replacement?

I'll be replacing my complete set of Bose speakers in my 05 within a month or so.  If you can wait, I'd me more than happy to help you out.

Everyone on this board is great  :D  I can easily wait that long.  It's still got sound coming through it's just got the static and rattling sound in the mid to upper sounds range.

I am replacing my door speakers as well.  I am going with two Kicker 6.5 coaxials in each door.  In fact, I am waiting on FedEx to deliver them today.  They are in route!

Todd

Btw, I have an 05 also with the BOSE system.  Already swapped HU and added two JL Audio 12s and JL amp.

A lot times you can find whole Bose speaker systems on eBay. Usually when people who run custom stereo shops pull them out they sell them there.

I did the same thing back in January with Kicker Coaxial from Crutchfield (Mrs Claus was nice this year).  I changed all four doors with the same kind.  Crutchfield also sent the connectors with them so I didn't have to cut or splice any wires.  I just had to drill four new mounting holes in the back doors and they fit great and also sound great.   

todrick said:
I am replacing my door speakers as well.  I am going with two Kicker 6.5 coaxial in each door.  In fact, I am waiting on FedEx to deliver them today.  They are in route!

Todd

Btw, I have an 05 also with the BOSE system.  Already swapped HU and added two JL Audio 12s and JL amp.

fmcdaniel said:
I did the same thing back in January with Kicker Coaxial from Crutchfield (Mrs Claus was nice this year).  I changed all four doors with the same kind.  Crutchfield also sent the connectors with them so I didn't have to cut or splice any wires.  I just had to drill four new mounting holes in the back doors and they fit great and also sound great.   

I had to do the same for the back doors as well when it came to driiling new holes.  I need the connectors though.  I was only able to do the back ones tonight.  I have them temporarily plugged into the stock connector and taped up good.  I need to figure out where I want to do my second location per door, and then I will get everything permantly set.  By the way, are you running an aftermarket amp for yours or are they just coming off the stock Bose one?

Plunk said:
I've got an '05 with a factory Bose sound system.  My passenger side rear door speaker is partially blown and rattling.  I'm looking for a good place to get a replacement.  I've found a few used ones on Ebay.  Is there a reliable place online to get a new replacement?

I'll give you mine.  As of now, I only have the back two pulled out.  Give me til the weekend to get the fronts done.

tritonboulder47 said:
I just replaced all 4 of my door speakers with Kenwood KFC-1662S speakers...  Amazing difference...
Aftermarket is always better than stock!!!

I was looking at this tread and I realize is was started over a month ago but wanted to ask a question related to the topic. Has anyone replaced their Bose speakers while retaining the stock Bose HU and amps? If so, what speakers did you replace the Bose speakers with and how satisfied are you with the sound quality?     

Texava said:
I was looking at this tread and I realize is was started over a month ago but wanted to ask a question related to the topic. Has anyone replaced their Bose speakers while retaining the stock Bose HU and amps? If so, what speakers did you replace the Bose speakers with and how satisfied are you with the sound quality?       

Yes...  All I did was replace the speaners in the doors...  I'm currently still using the factory Bose HU and Amp/Powered Sub... 

What speakers did you go with and how is the sound now?

Thanks, Texava

Never mind, I see from your post above - great, Bose HU, Bose amps, Kenwood KFC-1662S, sounds amazing.

I have an 04 Av with the stock 5.25" speakers in the rear. One of them is dead and I have to replace it. Do any of you guys who went with bigger speakers have pics of how you mounted, ie drilled new holes for, the new speakers? I'd really like to see how you made that fit and still kept the door panel intact.

I am new to the Forum and have the same condition with the front Rt Passenger unit is rattling and want to replace it.

I started out with this seemingly minor and annoying problem and after a little research on here quickly decided to scrap this idea and replace all four speakers. I researched what speakers would fit my model/yr av on the crutchfield website, just so I'd have an idea what I was looking for. I will say though that I also quickly figured out that just replacing my speakers was not going to work. the new speakers did not give me the same sound as the factory speakers. As they say in for a penny in for a pound. I ended up replacing the head unit as well shich then led to wanting better sound all around which led to wanting some base which led to needing subs and an amp which led to building sub boxes (not as hard as you'd think) which led to wanting to add the backup camea.....In the end though well worth the $$ spent. It was a nice upgrade. Hope this helps. Oh yeah p.s. I went with pioneers all around.

I've got a similar problem in that my sub seems to be blown (only happens on some tunes even at very low volume).  I'm wondering if the dealer will replace it under the CPO warranty.

iamten7 said:
I started out with this seemingly minor and annoying problem and after a little research on here quickly decided to scrap this idea and replace all four speakers. I researched what speakers would fit my model/yr av on the crutchfield website, just so I'd have an idea what I was looking for. I will say though that I also quickly figured out that just replacing my speakers was not going to work. the new speakers did not give me the same sound as the factory speakers. As they say in for a penny in for a pound. I ended up replacing the head unit as well shich then led to wanting better sound all around which led to wanting some base which led to needing subs and an amp which led to building sub boxes (not as hard as you'd think) which led to wanting to add the backup camea.....In the end though well worth the $$ spent. It was a nice upgrade. Hope this helps. Oh yeah p.s. I went with pioneers all around.

So your saying that aftermarket speakers wouldn't sound good if I kept my stock bose head unit? I have a 2007 LTZ and am interested in replacing all 4 door speakers while retaining my Headunit.

HaydenW said:
So your saying that aftermarket speakers wouldn't sound good if I kept my stock bose head unit? I have a 2007 LTZ and am interested in replacing all 4 door speakers while retaining my Headunit.

Well I am saying that, in my personal experience, the speakers when replaced and retaining the factory head unit sounded like they were under performing even with the volume turned up. They did not sound at all like the factory speakers did at any level. When I inquired about this issue with Crutchfield and some of the local stereo shops I had visited prior to buying the speakers, they all sang the same refrain that the factory head unit will not sound the same with after market speakers. So that led to all the aforementioned upgrades. I will say that everything sounds much better after adding the Jeff D sub boxes without a doubt. If you have any amount of skill with electronics and wood working they are an easy build just take your time and take your measurements and your golden. Again though this was my personal experience which is kind of like an opinion and you know what they say about those, eveyones got one. Good luck.

I went to a very respectable audio shop today that has been around for 38 years. They told me that keeping the stock head unit and putting in aftermarket speakers would yes still work fine but that the Bose speakers are 2ohm and that most aftermarket are 4ohm and that the bose amp would not be able to push your aftermarket to full potential. While yes it would still work you would only be getting half the impedance that you are capable of getting out of them.

That sound right?

HaydenW said:
...keeping the stock head unit and putting in aftermarket speakers would yes still work fine but that the Bose speakers are 2ohm and that most aftermarket are 4ohm and that the bose amp would not be able to push your aftermarket to full potential. While yes it would still work you would only be getting half the impedance that you are capable of getting out of them.

That sound right?
So basically yes, your braking down in technical terms what I was saying previously. However I'd like to add that after installing the aftermarket head unit while maintaining the stock bose amp I did notice the aftermarket speakers sound better. And on a side note this summers project is going to be taking out the  stock amp and replacing that as well. I just need a week without rain so I can ride the bike to and from work for that to happen.

I have no possible way of replacing my stock bose head unit in my 07 at this time. I am going off for college and simply can't afford to spend nearly a grand on something that is not necessary. I do however want to fix this busted speaker because it annoys the hell out of me! so... any suggestions? are there any good replacements for the bose that will still work as well as the bose?

Back