• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

GTG suggestion

TCR1

I was dialouging with plumbob about a GTG for Refinish Restorer application to our faded cladding.  I am also jealous of the trucks with the nice throaty growl, so have been dreaming of a catback exhaust mod...and chadstr offerd to let me drive his around a bit at the next GTG, so I am a little motivated to get a GTG together, or at least throw out a suggestion for a future GTG...

What does everyone think of a Spring Cleaning/Detailing GTG in early to mid April? 

There are some pretty inexpensive plastic drawer mods just being done that seem like a good idea for storage, I was planning to build a little storage shelf area under my cupholders (don't want stuff sitting on/near the electrical cables under there), and would like to do my cladding, as well as paint my power bar and bowtie.  Lots of things to do, but all fairly inexpensive and some would be done before the GTG so I can help others out with some if they like them.

Hope I'm not stepping on toes, just thought I would throw an idea out there for people to chew on.

Super idea for a GTG?Bring it and Clean it   :D

This sounds fun...I haven't been around in a while, but what is the cladding thing you speak of, lol?  Gatorback?  And the storage area? 

Ugh, guess I better get to reading on this stuff.

Saturdays are almost impossible for us, unless it's our "off Saturday" then we would be available around 1:00 or so...this is upcoming Saturday (the 14th) is our "on Saturday" so if you really want to do it on Saturday, and you want to figure out every-other-week for us, go for it!  :D :D :D

My poor truck could really use a Spring Cleaning!  Poor thing.

Im game for most, we need a location. Chris, are you saying that the 21st is a good saturday for you? I think we should do it then. Again once we figure where, I can get others coming as well. Maybe grill some burgers as well. Sounds fun

Chadstr

Chris In CO said:
This sounds fun...I haven't been around in a while, but what is the cladding thing you speak of, lol?  Gatorback?  And the storage area? 

Ugh, guess I better get to reading on this stuff.

Saturdays are almost impossible for us, unless it's our "off Saturday" then we would be available around 1:00 or so...this is upcoming Saturday (the 14th) is our "on Saturday" so if you really want to do it on Saturday, and you want to figure out every-other-week for us, go for it!   :D :D :D

My poor truck could really use a Spring Cleaning!  Poor thing.

Its called Refinish Restorer by CarSystem.  It is supposed to pull color out of the plastic as opposed to paint it on (like gatorback).  I would have ot order a bottle, and doubt I will do it befoer good weather is assured.  I don't like having chemicals stored in the garage witout an immediate purose. 

The storage area is not really a storage area, its under the cup holder if you have front bucket seats.  its actually a good sized compartment.  The problem is that there are wires in there for something and I don't want to put anything in there that could possibly mess up the wires.  I have some cardboard at work with me today and am going to play around with a couple different options for the area.  Once I decide on one, I am goingto build it out of plexiglass.  Probably paint the plexi with the krylon fusion paint.

Not sure the 21st of February will work for me, but I'll have to double check at home.  More details on the GTG for that day may be helpful.  I won't be ready for a spring cleaning day then as we are bound to get hit with a lot of weather in March (I hope :D:).

It may be a good one to just get together and look at other peoples trucks though...mine is stock, so not much to see :9:

21st doesn't work, my nieces birthday  :E:

The 28th of February (Saturday) would work for us, anything after about 1:00.  We don't have to clean that day, maybe just drinks and dinner?

Castle Rock is usually a good middle point to meet.  That way, the Springs people can go too!  Isn't there a brewery bar there? 

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but Nick at Detailer's Paradise "loans" his shop (and parking lot) to car clubs.  How much product he hopes to sell is unknown, but they're a nice couple.  Indoor work areas, power, bathrooms...

dps said:
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but Nick at Detailer's Paradise "loans" his shop (and parking lot) to car clubs.  How much product he hopes to sell is unknown, but they're a nice couple.  Indoor work areas, power, bathrooms...

Thats awesome to hear.  I am going to swing by there on my way home from work next Thursday most likely.  I want to see if he can get the Carsystem stuff and if so what his price would be.  I also want to see the other products he recommended and try some on my bed panels.

Thanks for the info!

TCR1, just curious what you found out about Detailers Paradise? I'm just getting ancy. I tried to look up the spelling on "ancy" and gave up. I'm tired of shoveling snow and bored. Lets MOD.

plumbob

They don't have Refinish Restorer.  Shawnemac has coordinated a Mod GTG at Jazz it Up off of Arapahoe Rd. for the 18th of April. 

I have lots of stuff I would like to do, but not sure I will be doing much of anything soon.  Still saving as the stuff I want to do is on the expensive side of things (Tires, Exhaust, CAI), but there are some smaller things I would like to do too, just have to look up the details on them (for example an under the cupholder storage with lighting mod, pin switch bed light mod, maybe some under the seat lighting with switches too.  But I am not good with electrical, so those ones scare me.

I have been working on getting the av to where I want it from a cleanliness standpoint.  The seats need some attention for sure.

I'll call Detailers Paradise on Monday and see if they would be intersted in hosting something first part of April though.

A spring cleaning and mild mod GTG sounds fun. I'm saving for exhaust but would be glad to clean my AV and check out the other Avs etc.  (y)

Detailer's Paradise closed their retail space and cannot host us.  However, they recommended that I contact Intrigue Auto Detailing in Lakewood.

Is there any interest in doing this in early April?  I would have to check with them to see if they are interested at all.

http://www.theintriguedetail.com/

I'll give them a call and see if they are interested and see what dates might work for them, then see if people are interested before confirming.

Thanks for your reply.

My schedule is a little funky this month. The 4th I have a wedding, 5th a birthday party (P.M. only I hope), 11th is open, 12th Easter, 18th is my son's birthday, 19th is open, 25th open and 26th open. So now you all know my April schedule.   :laugh:

plumbob

I contacted the other place and the deal is that its pretty much a 4 hour detailing class, where they teach you how to detail a car.  Offer you products to by, and wish you bon voyage.

I get the impression people want to work on their vehicles. 

One thing I was thinking is that we can put peoples names in a hat and see if they will demo on some of our people's trucks...can only learn to detail an avalanche by learing how to detail an avalanche, right :B: (y)

It would be free, unless you bought product.

The idea did not generate any interest whatsoever on the ColoradoAvclub forum or really on here.  So I cashed it in.  There is supposed ot be a Mod GTG at Jazz it Up on the 19th but not sure I will go as the only thing I will have to do is remove some graphics and put on some new ones, which may be done before then anyway.

I haven't done so well in getting people together, but it can't hurt to keep trying. 

Well you already did the "refinish restorer" but what about that space in the console you wanted to utilize?
I'm going to do my best to make this one. Would be nice to put a name with a face but I know we all get busy.
I'll check ColoradoAvclub for the Jazz it Up GTG.

plumbob

It would be nice to see both of you at the Jazz it up GTG. I dont see any reason Robert that we cant do get your truck finished/restored and I as of now dont have anything to do to my truck either, however I am still shooting to get there. I may get a grill cover, but other than that, Im there to help anybody that needs it.

Chadstr

I'm sure I will be there, but I'm not plannning on my truck taking up any garagae space.

I ended up putting my new Z71 decals on today.  The camera is MIA though, so no pictures at this point.

I haven't done anything more on the console piece as I'm not sure if it makes as much sense anymore, but I guess I will never know until I try.

Off to but some plexiglass (y)

Well I got the clearance from the warden, I'm in for the 19th.  :laugh:
I've got a fresh can of Refinish Restorer and this week I'll look for some cup holders for the bumper.
I need to find one of these smileys with a cowboy hat and a YEEEHAAA!

plumbob

plumbob said:
Well I got the clearance from the warden, I'm in for the 19th.   :laugh:
I've got a fresh can of Refinish Restorer and this week I'll look for some cup holders for the bumper.
I need to find one of these smileys with a cowboy hat and a YEEEHAAA!

plumbob
Where did you find the Refinish Restorer?

Back