• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New Member trying to figure things out

TCR1

My name is Ryan, live in Castle Rock.  Bought a 2004 Chevy Av 1500 cladded 2 years ago.  It is Dark Grey with some bars for a Yakima rack on the bed cover (but no trays or ski racks yet).  No mods other than that to make it distinguishable. 

Interested in getting to know some others familiar with these rigs, do some get togethers and have some fun.

Also, I am looking for some minor parts, I assume there is a classifieds section in here somewhere.

Some of the things I am looking at for the near future include:
Custom bowtie
Air Intake
body lift (but not sure I want all 3"?)
most imminent if I can find the parts is to replace the mounting lugs for the tailgate (both on the gate and on the truck itself).  It looks like the former owner backed it into something with the gate down.

Mostly wanted to introduce myself, and get in the loop a bit.  I can't private message yet.  Who is now keeping the active role call?  What, if any, are the obligations to the club?

Thanks,
Ryan

:welcome:

There are seperate sections for :  Sale, Buy, trade, Group buys and site partners here...........
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?action=collapse;c=6;sa=expand#6

:welcome:

There really aren't any "obligations" to being a member of this club.  After posting "xx" amount of posts (moderators keep the # secret), you will be able to PM others, and post pics also.

The only thing you MUST do is HAVE FUN!

As Tango said, there are sections for posting parts for sale, from both other club members and by "Site Partners" which are also members here, and some of them offer discounts for members.  You may also want to check out the "Colorado" forum for GTG's in your area.  I didn't realize at first you actually posted your message in the Colorado forum!!  :E:

:welcome:Welcome to the club! All you need is an Avy and and a good heart to log on here. Lot's of great modding info and other stuff you may not find useful to read. :E:

Thanks for the welcome folks.  I found the parts for sale forum last night.

I'm a little leary of this forum for one simple reason...its going to be sort of addicting trying to do some of the mods I have read about and updating/grading my rig. 

Welcome Ryan!  I've just started a new 2009 Colorado Roll Call so please be sure and check it out and send me your information so I can include you in the emails we have for local GTG's (get togethers).  Also we should be having a GTG soon to get ideas for things to do in 2009.  Hope you can join us!

avalanchuck said:
Welcome Ryan!  I've just started a new 2009 Colorado Roll Call so please be sure and check it out and send me your information so I can include you in the emails we have for local GTG's (get togethers).  Also we should be having a GTG soon to get ideas for things to do in 2009.  Hope you can join us!

I sent the info.  A GT would be fun.  I'm insanely busy (as I am sure we all are) so the more notice the better.  I see a very nice avy every once in a while down in the neighborhood.  Black cladded with what appears to be a 6" lift and a safari rack on top.  Black wheels.  It would be in Castle Rock.  anybody know him?

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
This forum is nothing if not addicting. I bought my AV last October and found this forum straight away by looking for subwoofer installations.

I have made a few mods to my AV and anything i have needed to find has already been talked about here or someone has the answer within a couple of hours.

Welcome and enjoy. I know that I do.

Back