• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Law question regarding "auxiliary lights".

Rackir

Hey guys, I just found this information here http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/TS/docs/New_MC_Laws.pdf .

It states; "All other (edit-other than motorcycles) vehicles in Oregon must turn off their auxiliary lights during times when the law requires drivers to dim their high beam headlights."

Any idea what is meant by "auxiliary" lights?  Would DRL's count for that?

I beleive what they are saying is FOG LIGHTS.  If you notice your fog lights turn off when you use your high beams.  I think this is a law and built into the system that way.  DRL's are different.  I dont think there is a law that says you cant wire them to be on all the time.

Rackir said:
Hey guys, I just found this infirmation here http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/TS/docs/New_MC_Laws.pdf .

It states; "All other (edit-other than motorcycles) vehicles in Oregon must turn off their auxiliary lights during times when the law requires drivers to dim their high beam headlights."

Any idea what is meant by "auxillary" lights?  Would DRL's count for that?

MRamsden said:
I beleive what they are saying is FOG LIGHTS.   If you notice your fog lights turn off when you use your high beams.  I think this is a law and built into the system that way.  DRL's are different.  I dont think there is a law that says you cant wire them to be on all the time.

That was my first thought too, but if you look at it, it says the Aux lights CAN be on when high beams are on, but can not be on when high beams are illegal (like within x distance of oncoming traffic, etc).  Weirdness.  Hopefully it either doesn?t mean anything about DRL's, or if it does, no cop understands it either  :D

trAVelingman said:
Did you know this week is "Spell Check Awareness Week"................. >:D

??? Why sir, I have no idea what you are referring too.

-Quick, MRamsden, fix that quote  :eek:

Rackir said:
??? Why sir, I have no idea what you are referring too.
-Quick, MRamsden, fix that quote  :eek:

Rackir,                                                                                        :laugh:

It's ok, "infirmation" is kinda like "infomercial".  U were con"firm"ing, information that u found.  Thus, "INFIRMATION" was created.

Whattup trAVelingman?

Back