• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

6 or 8 inch lift on 08 Avalanche?

eldechihuahua

ok well I have an 08 4x4 LTZ Avalanche, and Im getting ready to add a lift. ok this is the deal, I will give it an 8 inch lift only if it will fit 37 inch tires, if the 8 inch doesent fit 37 inch tires than Im just gonna go with a 6 inch and 35's, what I want to know is if an 8 inch lift handle 37's without rubbing.

these are a couple of pictures of my truck that I took the other day, tell me what you think

l_a295748fbd8224b635d88425a2dafdd2.jpg

l_0e645f68c4f3c64e32dfcdafeccc454c.jpg

I think there is a little more to it then fit/not fit.

If you want it that plain jane then it's a 9" lift for 37's and a 6" lift for 35's.

Now that doesn't take into consideration the type of lift, any aftermarket rim/wheel choice, anything...  But if what you want is a yes or a no...

It's a YO!

SurvivalFreak said:

If you want it that plain jane then it's a 9" lift for 37's and a 6" lift for 35's.

Now that doesn't take into consideration the type of lift, any aftermarket rim/wheel choice, anything...  But if what you want is a yes or a no...

It's a YO!

ok well do you know of a good 9 inch lift for my truck? bec all I have seen is a 6'' an 8'' and a 12'', but 12'' is just to much for me. And as for wheels and tires I want to get 22'' or 24'' XD monsters with 37'' kuhmo road venture mt's

Hey man i am running a 2007 avalanche ltz with the autoride and i am running 20 inche wheels with 35/1250 mickey t atz and belive me you have to do lots of triming to fit the 35s in a 6 inche so there is no way 37s will fit with a 8.I hope this help i have had really good luck with my fabtech lift so far 1 year and counting problem free hope this helps.

LOL i just checked up on some of the things your going for.  List price for the Kuhmo Mt in 37X13.5R22 IS.... $506.00 EA.

Normally I'd say that's insane and re-evaluate the project/lift.  But I've been there, and will be again.  So I would say that nothing is impossible.  Definatly... DEFINATLY... go to the best local 4X4 shop you can find.

There are the lift kits that are for our trucks, but a whole ton of others out there that can be "made" to work given enough time, patience, and $$$.

Finding a good shop is key though.  Then just ask them what needs to be done to get 37's under the av without rubbing, and get ready for a shock, and then a beating from the wife. 

Good Luck.

P.S.  If you havent considered yet, you can put a body lift on in conjunction with the suspension lift.  That way maybe you try the 8" and 37's and if it's problematic, throw on a 3" BL.  I don't know if you interested, but it's another option.

eldechihuahua said:
ok well do you know of a good 9 inch lift for my truck? bec all I have seen is a 6'' an 8'' and a 12'', but 12'' is just to much for me. And as for wheels and tires I want to get 22'' or 24'' XD monsters with 37'' kuhmo road venture mt's

There is 12 inch lift kit for the avalanche who makes it do you have a link to the site also how much :eek:

DirtyDeeds said:
There is 12 inch lift kit for the avalanche who makes it do you have a link to the site also how much :eek:
yeah there is, and its actually preety badass I think, its made by bulletproof suspension, they also have an 8''... man, looking at that one footer actually makes me wanna' lift my Abby that much, looks really nice, I guess only time will tell what I decide to do, anyways here is the link, let me know what you think of it.
http://bulletproofsuspensions.net/12_chevy-suburban-tahoe-avalanche.php

SurvivalFreak said:
LOL i just checked up on some of the things your going for.  List price for the Kuhmo Mt in 37X13.5R22 IS.... $506.00 EA.

Normally I'd say that's insane and re-evaluate the project/lift.  But I've been there, and will be again.  So I would say that nothing is impossible.  Definatly... DEFINATLY... go to the best local 4X4 shop you can find.

There are the lift kits that are for our trucks, but a whole ton of others out there that can be "made" to work given enough time, patience, and $$$.

Finding a good shop is key though.  Then just ask them what needs to be done to get 37's under the av without rubbing, and get ready for a shock, and then a beating from the wife. 

Good Luck.

P.S.  If you havent considered yet, you can put a body lift on in conjunction with the suspension lift.  That way maybe you try the 8" and 37's and if it's problematic, throw on a 3" BL.  I don't know if you interested, but it's another option.

actually thats what I had in mind, a suspension plus a body lift, but the thing is I havent seen any body lifts for 07 up Avys, do you have a link to one?

P.S. and Im not married yet so I probably will get a nice shock from the shop, but definately wont be getting any beatings from any wife, jaja

That's wack!  Seems most body lifts are listed for 2002 or 2003-3006.  But Rough Country offers bl for 1500 series pickups in a 2007 model.  Perhaps you cant get the specific year part for your ride, but like I said before check with a 4X4 shop and see what can be made to fit.

I just had a 3/4 ton Firestone Air bag system put on my avalanche, it was completly customized with new mounts and everything.  Aired up it raises the back end 4" higher then my 6" Procomp lift already has me.  But everything was customized by an amazing shop with a mechanical genius of a fabricator.  Like I said before, nothings impossible, it just might take a little injenuity to make somthing non-specific fit.  Or you can go with the 12" and be the baddest ride in town... LOL

AV should Look Sweet After - Whatever you Decide to Do.

However What are you planing to do with the av. What are you going to ask it to do.

I went with 6" lot of trimming and stuffed some 35" tires under it.
Wanted minimal lift and max rubber. ran this with stock 4:10s
Base use Daily Commuter, Snow,sand, & off road trails.
Found out did not do good on hill climbs (more HP & Toque)
So I put A Supercharger on the 5.3. >:D next my Tranny went & went & went (Bang) :beating:
So that is built up. Also New Transfer case NP8 (has a bit of Back Lash) after 120K on it.
Next New Gears 4:56 and Locker (Arburn )........................and so on.......................................
Granted this has been over years. from 02 to today.

Any how I think You Get my Point! If you lift it and throw 35" down you will be upgrading
other components Depending on how hard you want to play.
with additional lift and 37" I would expect the up-Grades to be Required Sooner than later.

My $0.02

Gee I don't know if I want another truck on here like mine.  :welcome: J/K  If you do a 6 inch lift there is a fair amount of trimming to the fender liners that had to be done for my 35's by the Chevy dealer. I think the lift kit is a much better look mechanically, on a 6".  I have no junk hanging from the lift that I have to look at. I use my truck exactly like SRFNSNO above. So I did not want it too tough to climb into or get groceries or my kids into either. Keep in mind the mileage drop as well. My 08 6 litre truck started life I suppose at 16mpg. It now gets 12 in daily driving. 37s would be even less. So 6" with 35's is perfect for me. Here are a couple photos of mine/yours with 35s would look like and feel free to photoshop them to get the look you like.      MP

3069684680_f3de83153e.jpg
3069684448_e3a2086858.jpg

08AvaLTZ said:
Gee I don't know if I want another truck on here like mine.  :welcome: J/K  If you do a 6 inch lift there is a fair amount of trimming to the fender liners that had to be done for my 35's by the Chevy dealer. I think the lift kit is a much better look mechanically, on a 6".  I have no junk hanging from the lift that I have to look at. I use my truck exactly like SRFNSNO above. So I did not want it too tough to climb into or get groceries or my kids into either. Keep in mind the mileage drop as well. My 08 6 litre truck started life I suppose at 16mpg. It now gets 12 in daily driving. 37s would be even less. So 6" with 35's is perfect for me. Here are a couple photos of mine/yours with 35s would look like and feel free to photoshop them to get the look you like.    (n)  MP

3069684680_f3de83153e.jpg
3069684448_e3a2086858.jpg
wow that is a gorgeous truck, and you know what makes it even better? that I drive one just like it, jaja, just need the lift and tires... so I just need an opinion from you guys, do you guys think 35 inch tires would look small on an 8 inch lift? because now Im preety sure 37s wont fit even with an 8 inch, I mean not unless I trim apart 3/4s of the bumper, jaja, let me know what you guys think.

P.S. that truck is my new wallpaper, seriously that truck is beautiful I love it,

SRFNSNO said:
AV should Look Sweet After - Whatever you Decide to Do.

However What are you planing to do with the av. What are you going to ask it to do.

I went with 6" lot of trimming and stuffed some 35" tires under it.
Wanted minimal lift and max rubber. ran this with stock 4:10s
Base use Daily Commuter, Snow,sand, & off road trails.
Found out did not do good on hill climbs (more HP & Toque)
So I put A Supercharger on the 5.3. >:D next my Tranny went & went & went (Bang) :beating:
So that is built up. Also New Transfer case NP8 (has a bit of Back Lash) after 120K on it.
Next New Gears 4:56 and Locker (Arburn )........................and so on.......................................
Granted this has been over years. from 02 to today.

Any how I think You Get my Point! If you lift it and throw 35" down you will be upgrading
other components Depending on how hard you want to play.
with additional lift and 37" I would expect the up-Grades to be Required Sooner than later.

My $0.02
hey what supercharger are you using? what in all did you upgrade your tranny with? or did you just have it rebuilt to the way it was originally?

Magnsun Super charger.
HP Tuner For Programing (So Far Mostly Tire size and Trans Toque Paramiters)
Trans total Rebuild (Planed on having TranyMan do it) but that did not work out.

I think that 35s would look a little small...but you might be able to slip some 37s under an 8 if you cranked your keys all they way.  (its all in the width and backspacing of your wheel)

hope this helps!

SurvivalFreak said:

It's a YO!
....what he said

Back