• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Ice lake driving

grillo88

Does anyone know what the name of the lake is where they hold jeep races in the winter? Its a frozen lake and you can drive on a course on it during winter months. We always see it when we go skiing off of I-70 around Frisco. I wanted to take the truck out there this year.

grillo88 said:
Does anyone know what the name of the lake is where they hold jeep races in the winter? Its a frozen lake and you can drive on a course on it during winter months. We always see it when we go skiing off of I-70 around Frisco. I wanted to take the truck out there this year.

I know I've seen small vehicles on 11 mile and Spiney res not far past woodland park.

I know they do the jeep races right there at Georgetown reservoir right of I-70 before you get to the Eisenhower Tunnel.

avalanchuck said:
I know they do the jeep races right there at Georgetown reservoir right of I-70 before you get to the Eisenhower Tunnel.

Thats the place! Do you know anything else about it? I think I saw like a sedan driving it once last year. lol

Aussie, trust me the concept of driving on ice still weirds me out. Ive got too much Floridian still in me!

My parents used to go watch my Dads aunt and uncle race up there.  I didn't know the still had races out there there.

As far as driving on ice, around here have a saying "when 98% of people see black ice they say "OH S***" the other 2% are from Colorado and say "hold me beer and watch this"  LOL
I don't drink and drive but I love sliding around on the ice and watching people flip out when I take huge slides around corners

Yeah I love sliding too. Or nailinga pile of snow a plow left behind. (i know one day there is going to be a cinder block buried in there)

Back