• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Aftermarket radio and Rear Seat Entertainment Not Working

gishowboy

I just bought the Alpine IVA-W205 and I also have the rear seat entertainment system.  I temporarily have a pac gmos-1 installed from my envoy until my metra axxess gmos-4 arrives. 

The problem I'm having is that the rear seat entertainment lights up but doesn't work.  Does anyone know why it's not working?  Do I need another adapter to restore functionality? 
Also, I lost the capability to get sound from the Panasonic DVD player to the door speakers, do I need another adapter for that also, possibly to connect audio and video as an aux. input?

I got a Alpine w505, as far as I know the RSE won't funtion no more since the head unit is gone. The good news is that the headunit has a RSE built into it where people in the backseat can do same functions as the factory RSE does.
What you have to do now with the Alpine RSE, is get the IR headphones and connect it up to the aux audio out. If you going to have screens for the passengers, hook up aux out video cable too.

Factory RSE is only functional with oem radio. As far as the DVD player, you should be able to connect the a/v outputs from it into the aux inputs of the alpine HU. Its hard to say without knowing which dvd player you have and how its currently connected.

ok. Yeah, you lose all connectivity with that as well. Your going to have to get some schematics so it can be wired through the AUX A/V input of the alpine

Does anyone know where I can buy LED headlights for my 2003 Avalanche Northface edition, with body cladding? I found a set on Ebay, but the seller wont answer my question...if they will fit my truck. I want the "blue" or "bright" look but I don't want to spend over 200.00.

Back