• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Wild West 2002 Is A GO!

Chief

CAFCNA FOUNDER
Charter Member
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
We've hit our numbers and Wild West 2002 is a go. As of right now we have 12 Avalanches and 35 attendees (well 34-1/2 if you count the baby).

I'm pretty sure when it's all said and done we'll have 15
Avalanches. Just think about that for a second, 15 Avalanches all in a row for four days - how cool is THAT!

Couple of things - and when I get out of the hospital I'll start e-mailing folks.

1) The Wild West 2002 gear store is here. One t-shirt not enough (of course not). Then dress the entire clan! There are posters, tote bags, frisbees, sweat shirts, and they feature a special Wild West 2002 logo that I had professionally designed for the event. You can go to the Wild West home page in the cruise section to visit the store.

2) SATURDAY'S SCHEDULE HAS CHANGED! This is really important. I've stepped up the departure time from 9:00 AM to 8:30 AM and I've pushed back our arrival time from 7:00 PM to 7:30 PM. This is so I could add some fun adventure in the Modoc, Shasta, and Klamath National Forests around Medicine Lake. The rangers at Klamath told me it is a solid three hours from Lava Beds to Yreka.

3) NO ROUGH SEGMENTS ON THE TRIP. At least as of this posting. Forest Road condtions in the Klamath, Modoc, and Shasta NF are in excellent condition and are passable by passenger car. Even the road at Tule Lake is in good shape at this time. If things get wet that could change but right now it's looking really good.

4) NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO GET LAVA BED NATIONAL MONUMENT BROCHURES. Incredibly the management at Lava Beds refused to mail be a batch of visitor guides! UGH! Crater Lake and Redwood were very helpful, spoke to the Public Affairs Officer at both parks to confirm no need for special permits, etc. The folks at Redwood said I planned a good trip through their park and are marking a few other places to go :love:

So here is the poop. Next week I'm getting the National Park passes for those who ordered and placing all t-shirt orders. You will not receive these individually. About 10 to 14 days before Wild West 2002 you will receive a complete package with your maps, t-shirt, park information, park pass, route information and trip information. It will be in a binder so you can bring it with you in your Avalanche and have it handy.

Well - that's the scoop - Wild West 2002 is a go and I can't wait to see you all there!

Back