• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

'04 Avalanche - Adding Amp & subs

kjzeusman

Just picked up 2 JL 8W1v2's and an Alpine MRP-M500.  Started with running all the wiring for the amp.  Found a way through the firewall for power for the amp and ran the RCA's to the center console so they're ready when my PAC AOEM-GM24 gets here.  Wiring for subs is all in place, just need to finish my sub boxes.

A few last questions and then I think I'm ready to light it up:

1.  Does the PAC AOEM-GM24 include the remote on for the amp, or do I need to run that wire separately ?
2.  Should I be disconnecting the factory sub (I'll keep the factory amp for the speakers and the new amp for the subs only, but am wondering if I shouldn't just disconnect the factory sub all together...)
3.  What do you put in the sub boxes for stuffing ?  I built my boxes very similar to Stephen D's design, but am not sure what to fill them with (other than subs)  >:D

Thanks !!

1 No
2 Not necessary
3 Nothing just a good Sub box

Thanks for the reply.  Just to clarify point 1: you're saying I do need to run a wire from the amp to the PAC for remote unit ?

I used a PAC 24 and it had a separate on/off wire that I used for the sub remote.

Also, I tried to disconnect the stock Bose sub, but it disconnected the speakers.  Seems the headunit signal goes through the sub wiring.  Just leave it connected and enjoy the extra thump.

Peace

Back